2710 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States
Booking.com Travelocity

Tags

School Holidays Beaches Family Travel
See Amenities

Had a wonderful stay...All though

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 19, 2012

Just got back in from a weekend from Patricia Grand. My family and I had a wonderful stay. Everyone was very friendly I will stay there again.. We could see dolphins from out balcony which was amazing. The one and only thing I didn’t like was the parking garage.. If you have a suv, high top van etc….. Good luck not crashing into the wall… We have a 4door car and it was a tight fight to try to get to the upper levels. Also the parking garage was not well lite we had to carry a flashlight Next time I would pay the $8.00 a night for valet parking then to deal with it myself...

Unique Quality: Loved our view....

Great Value

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2012

We went back here in January. This place has made some great changes and was well worth the price. They now allow small pets, remodeled the lobby and even have a starbucks serving coffee shop near the entrance. Would love to go back in the summer.

Unique Quality: The staff seemed real good and on top of everything.

Patricia Gross

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2011

Three years ago we stayed here and it was a decent hotel for the price HOWEVER something went wrong. Please read.....Room was in need of a good cleaning. Kitchen was so gross, I had to buy cleaner and clean it myself! Housekeeping stated "I usually have to clean my own room when I go away too" There are so many other details...I will just go with STAY ELSEWHERE. There are so many other options at Myrtle Beach.

Hotel is pet friendly...however, they place guests that are not traveling with pets in these rooms, that may explain the stains and smells of our room.

Unique Quality: Great view from our balcony with the moldy furniture. Pools was very nice and plenty of brand new lounge chairs

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 23, 2010

Our stay over the weekend was great overall. This place has been around and has the dents and dings to prove it but the building and its location are solid and it's almost or will be a classic around the heart of myrtle beach. The staff is great and pleasant to talk to and the building features some of the best and biggest pools in the area. We've been to many places around myrtle and our last 7 visits have been to much newer places ( some right next door) that have much better curb appeal but when you get right to the specifications and prices this place wins and its getting better everyday as they renovate the place and the rooms. We will no doubt be back.

Unique Quality: Location, amenities,price

Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 21, 2008

We stayed at the Patricia Grand the week of June 15th. The website of this hotel makes you think that it is great...but don't let it fool you. The location is wonderful and the view of the beach is also great. The staff were all apparently new because I waited about 20 minutes to check in behind two other people. The elevators on the South end (which there were three of them) shook that made you think that you would not make it to your floor and did not always work. We were on the 18th floor, and there was one elevator that when it got to the 18th that it would sway around before the door could even open. In our room, the stove appeared old, the microwave did not even work, the TV remote did not work and you could not turn on the TV from the set either. We would have to plug and unplug in the TV during our stay. The problems were reported to the front desk and they just said OK. Housekeeping did not come to our room. We had to find housekeeping or go to the front desk to obtain clean towels. On one of the days, I called the front desk about towels and was told that housekeeping would bring the towels up. After an hour, I called back to the front desk. They said that I would be waiting all day for the housekeeper to bring them to me so they sent my towels by the maintance man. Also- the restaurant they avertise is CLOSED. The gift shop was nice. Parking is across the street in a garage, but if you have a big vehicle- I am not sure how you will make it. I would find a different hotel if you are going to pay that much to stay in North Myrtle Beach! Everytime we were on the elevator with people they would talk about what a rip off this hotel was. The pictures on the website make the pools look crystal blue...they are more green and dirty. On the last night we were there, there was all kinds of stuff in the outdoor pool floating around that my children were not even able to swim!

Unique Quality: Great view...but you could get the same from any beach front hotel

Awful accomidations

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2008

We made reservations on line, arrived Sunday June 8th and leaving on Thursday June 12. Upon arrival in our room we were a little shocked at the condition of the motel but thought if the service was good enough it could be over looked. However this wasn't the case. I have never in all of my years of traveling (which I do on a weekly basis with my job) have I ever encountered such a disaster in my life! After checking in we went to the elevators along with our bellman, the elevators were filthy, they jerked and shook in such a manner it was scary. The bellman said they are always like that and laughed saying they break down all the time. EVERY time we used the elevators (several times a day since staying on the 19th floor) we went through the same thing, they were shaking and making awful noises, the wait was ridiculous, we had to wait the minimum of 15-20 minutes every single time we used them and at no point and time was all elevators were operational, always at least one or another not working. Now for the room, I used the restroom, tried to flush the toilet and it over flowed, apparently from misuse before our arrival. We called the front desk, maintenance was sent to room, he said he fixed it, he did not, it continued to do this, it wouldn't flush properly and ran almost constantly, although we made several more complaints this was never fixed! The same day we arrived we went to shower before turning into bed, the shower head was broke and the water pressure is just short of torture, not much more than a drip. We called about this and finally on the 3rd day the shower head was replaced, to some relief but the pressure is awful, you cant even properly rinse your hair in the shower! It doesn't stop there we totally understand the policy with bed changing ever three days, not problem, but in the whole time we were there we were never, I MEAN NEVER, given any sort of service, NO ONE came to our room to change the sheets on the 3rd or even 4th day, housekeeping never came to our room and gave us fresh towels, ran sweeper, NOTHING! The only time we got clean towels our son walked to get them from front desk. It wasn't from a lack of asking (which we shouldn't have to do in the first place), we called asking for housekeeping everyday but no one ever came! The room was filthy upon arrival and since we couldn't get housekeeping it only got worse, we couldn't even get trash emptied! We tried talking to front desk people and other staff but was treated so rudely that we were in shock. We are not complainers but this is an extreme circumstance! We spoke with several other guests that were having the same issues as well and very unhappy. We wanted to leave early and was told there would be no refund if we did, we wanted to go elsewhere to find better accommodations but couldn't get cooperation with that either! There should be a resolution to this manner and a response in a timely fashion. Upon our arrival back home on Thursday night we are contacting The Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Triple AAA (which recommended your motel), & all on-line booking agencies, etc...we don't want anyone else to go through the experience we did. This ruined our vacation!

Kristini's Profile Photo

Like any other Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2006

It's was perfectly affordable, and a great oceanview! We even got a balcony! There are pools and, and directly connected to the Beach. 4 college girls couldn't ask for more. We even got a kitchen! Oh and the best part, we saw dolphins!

Unique Quality: Same as any other hotel along the beach.

Directions: Directly on the Beach

Add to your Trip Planner

The Patricia Grand Resort, The...

by written on August 24, 2002

The Patricia Grand Resort, The Palm's Resort & the Surf Rider. All three are ocean front with wonderful, wide beaches. The Surf Rider offers the fewest amenities, but is clean & well kept.
All offer a week's stay off season for between
$450-650.

Nearby Patricia Grand Resort Hotel

• Grand Patricia Resort
  • Patricia Grand Myrtle Beach
  • Patricia Grand Hotel Myrtle Beach
  • Patricia Grande
  • Patricia Grand Resort Hotel, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach

Address: 2710 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

2 Photos of Patricia Grand Resort Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Myrtle Beach hotel reviews