Extended Stay Deluxe Austin-Metro

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 9 reviews
Booking.com Hotels.com

WORST hotel experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 16, 2011

The individual, Ken, who checked us in was extremely rude and condescending. He was incredibly rude, unhelpful and repeatedly laughed at myself and my guests. He said I was wrong about my reservation and spent 10 minutes arguing with me to the point of him raising his voice. He then proceeded to "prove his point" on hotel policy by showing me someone else's reservation which included their personal information. I stated he should not be showing me another guest's personal information and he again laughed at me. Then, when he started to get together the papers I was to sign, I placed my ID and credit card on the counter for him to review. Ken shoved the cards back toward me and said "I don't need those...who else would you be?", never once checking my credit card or identification. My guests and I proceeded to the room he assigned which we soon realized was torn apart, no bedding on the bed, kitchen appliances strewn about with nails and screws all over the floor. We quickly went back to the front desk to inform Ken about the appearance of the room. He never apologized but instead mumbled under his breath about the bad maintenance and housekeeping at the hotel. He then got very upset because he realized he had to give us a handicapped room. One of my guests stated she has a handicapped pass he could verify since he was so upset about giving us the room. He looked up at her, laughed to her face and then back down and kept shuffling papers around. In the elevator on our way to room, I then saw the elevator inspection certificate which had been expired for 3 months. We finally made it to the room, which was non-smoking even though the entire hotel smelled like smoke. We also did not have enough towels or blankets in the room. Between several trips in and out of the hotel over the course of the evening, I never once saw a hotel employee. The next morning, I then had bug bites all over my legs from the bed in the room. This individual, Ken, ruined our entire stay at your hotel and I can honestly say I will NEVER be staying at an Extended Stay again. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Add to your Trip Planner

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kitchenette

Austin Travel Forum

Need advice about Austin, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Austin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Austin hotel reviews

La Quinta Inn Austin I-35 South Ben White
Driskill Hotel
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 14 Reviews
Crowne Plaza Austin
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hampton Inn Austin - North (I-35 & Highway 183)
Habitat Suites