Hilton Garden Inn Austin North

Tags

Family Travel Business Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

Worst Check-in Service To Date

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2011

I called to request late check-in and two Queen beds early in the day. LAter in the evening I called back to state we were running an hour behind schedule. They confirmed that there were no double queens left, but they had a roll-away available. When we arrived, it took 15 minutes to check-in because the clerk was not at the front desk. By the time he arrived there were 2 other guests impatiently waiting in line as well. He did not have my request for a roll-away and had to check to see if they even had on left.
There was one left and he met me at the 1st floor elevator to give me the bed which I had to transport to the room and set up myself. Did I mention that I am in an ankle cast due to an injury from 3 days prior? So the crippled lady, with 10 year old tired and cranky child had to lug the suitcases, purse, computer and now BED to my room.
There was no room to put down the roll-away, so we had to move the room furniture which was heavily made. Then putting down the bed was a hassle due to the rubber stoppers that wouldn't allow for movement without lifting up the whole item.
All with my left leg in a cast.

To date, I have NEVER had such a crappy check-in.
I mean, they actually handed me a bed and sent me on my way, while I was obviously injured. I would never recommend this hotel and plan to send this story to as many review sites as I can.

I normally stay at the hotels at the intersection of Palmer Ln and I-35 N, which are cheaper and have a better pool and EXCELLENT service. Try the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Austin Travel Forum

Need advice about Austin, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for Austin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Austin hotel reviews

La Quinta Inn Austin I-35 South Ben White
Driskill Hotel
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 14 Reviews
Crowne Plaza Austin
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Hampton Inn Austin - North (I-35 & Highway 183)
Habitat Suites