Corpus Christi Hotels

Our Members Say

• igadget profile photo igadget
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Surfside Condos: You Never Know What Your Going to Get

My wife and I had reservations to stay at the Surfside Condos in Corpus Christi, TX on March 13 and 14 of 2009. When we arrived we found the condos with a good view of the beach. The condos appear to be poorly constructed, old and poorly maintained. Most of the exterior is was under repair and some units were blocked off due to construction.

The first room that we got was dusty, musty and the curtain on the patio door was falling down. It looked like no one had been in the room in a month. Getting around the property is difficult due to the layout of the buildings. The elevator stopped between floors and the door opened, fortunately pressing the button again got us to the second floor.

When we entered the second room, we found the lights and TV on, trash in the trash cans, clothes hangers and a towel on the bed. It appeared that someone else was staying in the room. The room smelled of smoke even though smoking in the rooms is not allowed.

The young people at the front desk seemed to be incapable of addressing any of the problems and during the time we were at the front desk several "Winter Texans" who have been staying there for years came to complain about various issues.

It appears that many of the units are individually owned and there may be some good ones. We decided to take our business: including a planned family reunion, to a regular motel because to quote Forrest Gump's mother with Surfside Condos like a box of chocolate "You never know what you are going to get".

Its on the beach, but the novely wears off in about 30 minutes.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 7, 2009

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603
My beach house

When I lived in Corpus Christ, my friend Jake and I rented a beach house on North Padre Island. If you are planning to move here, I would recommend this area to live in.

Here are Jitka (j-san) and I goofing off in the back yard.....

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Study Abroad
  • Written March 7, 2003
Tip Photo

Silly VTer's

• CorvetteChic profile photo CorvetteChic
  • Reviews: 101

I always stay with friends...

I always stay with friends when visiting Corpus Christi and Padre Island. But here is some information on local Hotels & Motels. I have also included some address and phone numbers for some local Resorts & Condominiums.

Padre Island & Corpus Christi Hotels
Rates - Padre Island hotels and Corpus Christi hotels provide suitable rates and Padre Island vacation packages. Group, weekly and monthly rentals are available with most Padre Island hotels or Corpus Christi hotels. Numerous Padre Island vacation packages are available to suit your individual needs while visiting North Padre. For complete price listing on North Padre accommodations, please visit the Corpus Christi site or contact any of the properties listed. Seasonal rates are adjusted with the following dates: High - March 1 through September5; Low - September 6 through February 28. The Padre Island Business Association can accept no liability relative to the information provided in this website. Visit North Padre for your next vacation.

Amenities - Some Padre Island hotel and Corpus Christi hotel amenities not listed include: elevators, fishing piers, boat ramps, docks, health club facilities, lounge and cable television. (Call individual properties for information.) All addresses are Corpus Christi, Texas 78418 and are located on North Padre Island; all area codes are 361.

• Opinion of Price: