Royale Beach and Tennis Club

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Also Viewed Hotels

Disgusting and Uncomfortable

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 22, 2006

My family stayed at the Royale hotel (not the condo part) recent. I can't speak about the condo part, which seem to get pretty positive reviews. But we thought the hotel room was disgusting, as well as uncomfortable.

The sheets and towels had yellow stains on them. I think they use beige towels to try to hide some of the stains, but it could only hide so much. The floor was tile with dark grout, and the grout was stained all over the place. The shower was dirty. The furniture was old and dirty. The bed was as hard as a rock, and the only 2 pillows they provided were both flat as a pancake.

We stayed over the first night because we were simply too tired to go look for someplace else to stay. But we checked out the next morning and went to another hotel for the rest of our trip. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge as much as they do for this dump of a hotel. The funny thing is, we went to another hotel that was much cheaper, yet it was much cleaner and much more comfortable. My family will NEVER return to the Royale again, and I warn everyone else to stay away. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

Unique Quality: About the only positive I saw was that the location to the beach was good.

Add to your Trip Planner

Amenities at Royale Beach and Tennis Club

• Swimming Pool
  • Kitchenette

South Padre Island Travel Forum

Need advice about South Padre Island, Texas? Visit the Travel Forum for South Padre Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest South Padre Island hotel reviews