Chincoteague Hotels

Our Members Say

• dzeiter profile photo dzeiter

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Waterside Motor Inn: Awesome place to stay

Just finishing up a stay at the Waterside Inn on Chincoteague and can't say enough nice things. The grounds are well kept (some of the most spectacular and diverse roses I have seen- I need to find out who takes care of them)- rooms are comfortable with microwave and minifridge for those staying longer. Beautiful heated pool overlooking the Chincoteague channel. Every room has a little deck to gaze at the water. There is a pier (some guests are casting their own crab pots), grills and picnic tables. Every morning there is a continental breakfast with fruit, danish and fresh made Waffles.

The inn is in a very central location in the village and is 2 blocks away from the Carnval grounds, near restaurants and shopping and off of the main drag, Maddox St., which unfortunately has become a load, traffic choked strip mall!

People here are FRIENDLY - I'm having to really tune down the urban persona! I'm trying to be easy on myself - we are on island time.

The cost is very reasonable - 130 per room for high season on the first floor.

• Related to: Family Travel, Birdwatching, Road Trip
  • Written July 4, 2009

• wildgirl12 profile photo wildgirl12
  • Reviews: 2

Snug Harbor Cottages and Marina: Ick! Never again

One word -ICK! Our cottage was dirty dirty dirty! Very musty and dusty. Furnishings were old and so were all the appliances in the so called kitchen. The bathroom was smaller then my closet at home! These cottages are tiny! Not worth the price at all! I was going to bring my dog with me until I found out they charge $40 a night for a pet fee. For what? It's not like anything can get ruined anymore then it already is! This place is so not recommended!

• Written March 21, 2008

• jupiter2 profile photo jupiter2

Snug Harbor Cottages: Not Chincoteague's best

My stay here was not the best. The cabins here are rustic but not in a good way. I felt very cramped and they smelled very mildewed. There was a problem with small bugs in our cabin also which needless to say was not good! I don't think the floors were cleaned after the last people's stay as there was sand all over the bathroom floor. I will not stay here anymore.

• Written January 30, 2008

• palmguy77 profile photo palmguy77

Snug Harbor Marina: a one of a kind place

Snug Harbor is a very neat place.I have stayed in many hotels but this place is one of a kind.This is not a fancy place but don't let that stop you.They have very nice and clean cottages right on the waterfront overlooking the wild Chincoteague Ponies.They even have boat rentals to go exploring.What Snug Harbor lacks in luxury they make up in charm and beauty and great customer service.

The grand views

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 8, 2006

• beachnut68 profile photo beachnut68

Snug Harbor Marina: Snug Harbor Marina a great vacation spot

My girlfriend and I stayed here in 2006 and had a really neat time.We had a waterfront cottage that had one of the most incredible views I have ever seen.We also rented a boat and explored the islands by day and in the evenings we watched the sunset at dockside.If you are looking for a unique vacation this is it.The cottage was neat and very clean with plush pillow top beds,what a great touch.If you are looking to book a vacation here just be sure to call ahead, they get very busy.I was talking with other customers and found out most people book a year ahead of time.

waterfront view is incredible

• Written November 30, 2006

• har602 profile photo har602

Snug Harbor Marina Cottages: Chincoteague cottage

I have to say my experience here was not the best. I am a pretty modest person and do not need anything fancy but I do at least want a room I stay in to be clean. My cottage was not clean and a bit outdated. Not even a microwave! I entered my cottage and the first thing I saw was sand on the rug. If the room had been cleaned there woould not be sand all over the rug. The countertop had crumbs and also the utencils were disgusting. I would have never used them! I had a friend of mine stay at Uncle Joes cabins and she said it was clean and comfortable, small but at least it was clean. I prefer to stay in a cottage so I think i will try them next time.

I have to say the view of the water was great, even though I was not happy with my lodging. I did enjoy the views.

• Written October 5, 2006

• keida84 profile photo keida84
  • Reviews: 470

The Inn at Poplar Corner: Yesterday's Charm, Today's Comfort

I found the inn at Poplar Corner through an internet search as I was quite unfamiliar with the areas of Greenbackville and Chincoteague Island. The bed and breakfast was awarded by "Arrington's Bed and Breakfast Journal" as "The Best B & B for watching Wildlife".

The Inn offers 4 rooms each with it's own distinct charm, each offers a queen size bed,ceiling fans,
and sitting areas. We stayed in the "Baywatch" room. On the second floor it has huge Bay windows that looked out over the bay. It had a very comfortable Queen size bed, I practically need a ladder to get up in it. It has air conditioning for the summer months, a small refrigerator, a beautiful armoire in which to hangs your clothes and store your bags. The best feature of this room was the jacuzzi tubs (each of the rooms have them) and if jacuuzi is not your style, it doubles as a shower. **NOTE: The tub does have a grab bar to assist you in and out of the tub, but it should be noted that this can be a problem for people with mobility disorders--exercise caution when using the tub

The Inn offers a incredible breakfast in the morning. I enjoyed the egg casserole and the potato dish that Karen had prepared as well as a vast array of breads, muffins, and cereals. The Inn also offers coffee, tea and other beverages throughout the day along with Karen's cookies (she made ginger snaps that were delectable) and a "wine cake" that was made with chardonnay wine. Oh boy, I needed a walk on the beach just to digest my breakfast!

I enjoyed the fact that the rooms have no TV or phone in the rooms. The Inn also offers free use of bicycles, beach chairs, beach towels, and binoculars. But my favorite part of the Inn was the wrap around veranda--this is where we had our breakfast. It was a bit chilly that morning as we visited in the Fall,but we bundled up and enjoyed our breakfast. The hospitality shown to us made our visit that much better. And talk about a small town atmosphere, our hostess, Karen turned out to be good friends with Paul's cousins who live in Greenbackville!

The Inn closes it's doors in November for the winter months and re-opens in the Spring.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Birdwatching, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 25, 2005

Welcome to The Inn at Poplar Corner

• jelw profile photo jelw
  • Reviews: 305

The Driftwood Lodge: Next to the Oyster Museum

Though I have never stayed here I have heard positive reviews from friends about this facility.
Well located directly before the Wildlife refuge.
The Driftwood is now a Best Western property.

Pool, view of Lighthouse from eastside quarters & proximity to the beach.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beaches, National/State Park, Eco-Tourism
  • Written April 9, 2005

lodging on Chincoteague

• jelw profile photo jelw
  • Reviews: 305

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maddox Family Campground: Family Campground

Very nice campground close to the beach.
This is a typical modern campground, serving mostly R.V.s' and some tents. Access and cleanliness were both very good. It is perfect for families. Not so for a weekend of parties. They will not allow late nite noise or rowdy parties. This is a benefit to most people. Safer, quieter and more in keeping with the spirit of the place.

Home to the Annual Oyster Festival usually held in first week of October
Within bicycling distance to the beach, nature preserve and town.
on -site Pool

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Camping, Beaches
  • Written November 22, 2004
Tip Photo

Lovely campground by the beach

• Easty profile photo Easty
  • Reviews: 727

Refuge Motor Inn: Refuge Motor Inn

I remember that it was a good price. I was there last in 1990, so I do not have current information.

Nice motor inn with a pool and a restaurant adjacent. Close to the Assateague National Wildlife Refuge

• Written October 5, 2002

• TOMHET profile photo TOMHET
  • Reviews: 23

Tom's Cove Park - where we...

Tom's Cove Park - where we parked our Motor Home on the waterfront overlooking Asseteague Channel, Asseteague Island, and a view of the lighthouse and sometimes the wild ponies.

• Opinion of Price: