VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Mayflower Park Hotel

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Next to the Monorail

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 10, 2011

I booked this hotel to stay the night before the cruise because it was within a distance that I thought I could walk to get to the Monorail. I also got the Cruise Package which includes breakfast and a shuttle to the cruise dock for $225. The concierge said they had a wheelchair I could use while I was there and helped me book a Town Car from the airport to the hotel.

Unique Quality: We got to the hotel and there was really SERVICE - they took our luggage and the whole nine yards. ($5.00 tip) We have a room with a little anteroom and two TVs - one in the couch area and one in the bedroom. The bathroom has a detachable shower head and a stool I can sit on to shower. We do look out on the air shaft.

Initially the internet didn't work, but after several phone calls I got connected. When we got back to the hotel after dinner, they had laid a bathrobe out on the bed. (Just one)

Directions: In the Westlake Center

Jefie's Profile Photo

A lovely historic hotel at the heart of Seattle

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 6, 2010

The Mayflower Park Hotel has been around since 1927 (when it opened as the Bergonian Hotel) and it's one of the last privately owned hotels in downtown Seattle, which I thought was interesting. Our room on the 11th floor was not very big but it was charming and quite comfortable. The location is perfect: at the heart of Seattle's shopping core with plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby, a short walk away from Pike Place Market, and right next to the Westlake Center light rail station, which is great if you're coming from the airport. The monorail station is also right around the corner if you plan on visiting the Space Needle. There's a nice restaurant called "Andaluca" that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine, and they also offer really good breakfasts (see my restaurants tips). For happy hour or later in the evening, you can stop by Oliver's for a great martini and light snacks. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly, and free wi-fi is available in all the rooms. The only negative point I need to mention is that the walls were really thin - it wasn't much of a problem for us since we could hear there was a family with young children in the next room and they were all in bed by 8:00 pm. Also, we booked this room because there was a fall sale going on, and we were happy with the quality/price ratio - I'm not sure I would have been happy had I paid the regular fare, which seemed a little high. But overall we had a great stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place!

Directions: Downtown Seattle, by Westlake Center

Add to your Trip Planner

Perfect for Girl's Weekend!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2008

This hotel is perfect for us when we head to Seattle as it is so close to everything we need...shopping and resturants! The rooms are very comfortable. My husband and I did intend to stay one night but left after finding out that the classic single queen was $176 and SMALL...VERY small! I was completely disappointed as every other stay had made me feel like royalty. Request a room with a space needle view and your money seems all the better spent! I am nervous however as they were building another hotel between the Mayflower and that perfect view...will update later, we're going back in a couple of weeks! Olivers is a great little lounge to end a long day of shopping. They have AMAZING Lemon Drops! The concierge was extremely helpful in arranging extraordinary dinners to celebrate our trips, and they know all the resturants with free Limo service! When you walk in you'll find breath-taking arrangments of flowers, classical decor, and an all-around helpful staff. Right now they are also running a special that gives you a $20 gift card for gas for each night...every little bit helps! So all in all this is my favorite place as it is the perfect location for what we need, you feel regal staying there, and it is a great half-way point for dropping off packages before you head out for more shopping! It's connected to Westlake for goodness sake! Enjoy!

Directions: Westlake Area

snmred's Profile Photo

Since I lived there I had my...

by written on September 12, 2002

Since I lived there I had my own spot but my mom has stayed in The Mayflower Park Hotel right in downtown and has since recommended it to many friends for being friendly and helpful with great rooms and affordable. And since I don't live there anymore you cannot stay on my couch, that's gone too.
Around $100 a night for double occupancy

Unique Quality: Charming and quaint

MrGQ's Profile Photo

I guess I could always be safe...

by written on September 8, 2002

I guess I could always be safe and just say the Hilton! But I assume most people on this site are looking for something umm 'different'!

Well for those adventrous you should try 'The Ace Hotel'. Its has 15 ft ceilings with nice decor! It is also the only hotel that I know of where you get a copy of the 'Kama Sutra' by your bed! It is for those couples who are looking for a romantic sexy long weekend! So please don't take your grandma there! Need I say more! :)

Another romantic spot is 'Domaine Madeleine' is another romantic Bed n Breakfast. Fireplace, Jacuzzis, larg beds and beautifully decorated rooms!Ohh and a healthy yummy breakfast in the morning after a long exhuasting night!!

Oooooookay Romeo how about something for me,my wife,five kidds and my mother in law?! Ahh .. well .. 'Emerald Inn' by Greenlake is an excellent spot. Great rates and a beautiful scenery! 'Hampton Inn n Suites in Downtown is also perfect for the 'TOURISTS'! It is close to the Space Needle and within walking distance from tons of resturants, shops and bars! Also the Monorail is within walking distance! Fairly priced in $90-$120 range.

Nico money is not an object! I want the best! Well then, you should stay at Mayflower Park Hotel. Service and rooms are above beyond. Expensive but worth the $$$$$.

I am a big fan of nature fan so I have to mention a spot to those who love the breath of fresh air, green trees and rivers and lakes! Try The Log Cabin Resort located in the Olympic National Park on the sunny side of Lake Crescent.A beautiful place to stay and relax.For more info on it checkout their website

Nearby Mayflower Park Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Seattle Travel Forum

Need advice about Seattle, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Seattle and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Seattle hotel reviews