Venezuela Hotels

Our Members Say

• gladotti profile photo gladotti
  • Reviews: 2

Los Roques: Posada Chez Judith

Posada Chez Judith is undergoing a renovation and will reopen in September 2011 under a new management team, the Posada Guaripete Staff ! If you already are a Posada Guaripete fan, you will need to come back to check this out ! If you don't know Los Roques yet... well you have to come to check both posadas !!!!!

The inn has 5 rooms on 2 floors. Each room has air conditioning (In the room nr 5 a.c. is no yet installed), private bathrooms and free wi-fi. Do not have hot water system.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Fishing, Windsurfing
  • Written August 12, 2011

• gladotti profile photo gladotti
  • Reviews: 2

Posada Guaripete: best posada in Los Roques

Posada Guaripete is fantastic ! the best place to stay in Los Roques, Venezuela.

Due to its status of National Park, Los Roques has to observe strict rules regarding building construction. Consequently there are no luxury hotels but a wide choice of posadas, all of them being rebuild of the fisherman’s houses. The style of the posada is simple, but comfortable. The rooms are situated on the low ground while the first floor is a covered terrace suitable for relaxing, reading or having a drink.

check this out:

they have 7 rooms (6 double and 1 triple/quadruple), all of them with private bathroom and air conditioning. The style of the posada is simple, but comfortable.
The Guaripete staff will take care of you ! they are extremely well.

and the food.... hummmm The cooking has a tipical Mediterranean imprinting.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, National/State Park
  • Written August 12, 2011

Posada Guaripete

• tarda profile photo tarda
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GRAN MELIA CARACAS: The Best Choice in Caracas

The ambiance was perfect; at the entrance of the hotel there are a very nice lobby at the right hand side, a very good place to get relaxed. Near by that there is a bar which I liked a lot. Behind that there is a piano and a huge lobby. When you enter you feel that it is a special place. I am aware it is not right to say that without seeing all the other hotels, I am sure there are some other very nice hotels like ALBA but what I say is based on how I feel.
Rooms are big, and bathroom is good too. Nearby the hotel there is a shopping center where you may go there directly from the entrance of the hotel.
They have airport transportation also but it is a little bit expensive if you exchange your money at the offical rate.

The ambiance, and the location of the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 25, 2010

• Mercu profile photo Mercu
  • Reviews: 7

Mama Tila: Best posada in Venezuela

Very near the center of Merida, this posada is very comfortable, quiet and clean. Francisco, the owner, makes you feel at home

• Related to: Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking
  • Written September 8, 2009

Adventure Camp Guamanchi

Adventure Camp Guamanchi is situated in Estado Barinas, by river Siniguis. It is a nice place to do sports in or just relax. There is a 12 metres high climbing wall and a zip-line by the camp. And you can go hiking and rafting.

I came here the last night on the 4-day Los Llanos Tour. As our guide was needed at the camp I stayed an extra night. The British couple on the tour were driven to Barinas where they took a bus to Caracas. I could choose if I wanted to stay or be taken to Barinas and the bus to Mérida. Both nights I was alone in a 4-bed room in the same house as the kitchen. The new house with accommodation was not open jet, but was doing the final, detailed work on the building and it looked lovely. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner on the porch and the food was good.

We arrived to the camp just after sunset and soon had dinner. The next morning after breakfast we went on the zip-line and then we waited for some more people to arrive. When they came we went on a rafting tour. We didn’t start below the camp, but a bit further down river. Most of the rapids were level 3. After lunch we were supposed to have left for Mérida but as I wrote above I stayed one more night. In the afternoon I lay reading in the hammock, went down to the river and went for a short walk along the road.
It rained a lot during the night and in the morning. The family who had arrived the night before couldn’t do their rafting in the morning (they were beginning below the camp were it was level 4) as planed as water levels were too high. When it had stopped raining we all took a walk to see the pre-Colombian petroglyphs in the vicinity. After lunch the water level had decreased and the family were going to do the rafting. I, and some tourist who were going to Los Llanos, were taken to Barinas where we met with another group going to Los Llanos. One car went back to Mérida (with me in it) and the other went to Los Llanos.

• Related to: Rafting, Hiking and Walking
  • Written May 22, 2009

Adventure Camp Guamanchi

Posada Guamanchi Los Nevados

I visited Los Nevados on a tour with Guamanchi Expeditions and therefore also stayed at Posada Guamanchi in Los Nevados. It is a nice place. Outside the rooms there is a long balcony with hammocks and a great view over the mountains and the valley. If it is cold in the hammock you can always bring on of the thick blankets from the room as cover. There are 19 rooms, some with shared bathroom and some with private bathroom. My room had a private bathroom with hot water in the shower (which I didn’t find first). It was very cold during the night, but I probably froze because I was not feeling well. I used long trousers, socks, sleeping bag and the thick woollen blanket.

As we arrived to Los Nevados we got lunch. Later on we had dinner and in the morning breakfast. I can’t exactly remember what we ate but it was all good. We also had tea to drink and after dinner I got a special tea for my cough.

You don’t have to be on a tour with Guamanchi to stay here As I paid for a three-day tour I don’t know how much it cost to stay here though.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 9, 2009

Posada Guamanchi Los Nevados

Nelson's Place: Caracas Apartment in Sabana Grande

I was given the name of Nelson's Place from a fellow VT member and spent 3 nights here and would highly recommend it especially for people who are traveling with a family or are having a longer term stay in Caracas.

Nelson's Place is not a hotel but an entire apartment in Sabana Grande. There is a full kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living room. It is also right across the street from the Recreo shopping mall (a great place for people watching and a safe place to go to at night). The apartment is also only a few easy blocks from the main subway line. Nelson, his assistant, driver etc speak English and are very helpful in answering questions.

I did not run into other travelers while staying at Nelson's but staying there allowed me to get a feel for the real Caracas

Another BIG ADVANTAGE is that Nelson responds quickly to his emails and makes reservations and does have reliable drivers who will pick you up from the airport....(if you have read the security concerns and all the warnings about the airport transportation having someone to pick you up is great for safety and your piece of mind). Personally, I emailed and called quite a few hotels and did not get a response before contacting Nelson

• Website: www.nelson.com.ve > nelsoneas@hotmail.com - •
(airport pick up is $40 - $60 a night)
nelven@gmail.com - nelsoneas@hotmail.com
telf (58)-414-2319729 (call only if urgent)

Full payment of stay is expected on arrival date. Payment forms accepted at check-in: cash, travelers checks, paypal (with 5% surcharge), bank transfers (with $10 surcharge), direct deposits, and personal USD checks. Transfer, direct deposits, and personal checks will be accepted only if clearance is posible before check-out. The reservation fee, payable upon confirmation of availability, is one night of stay plus airport pick-up fee. If you do not need airport pick-up, the $40 difference will be credited to your stay.

• Written January 12, 2009

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Various: Finding a Hotel

This is a continuation of my previous hotel tip.

Before visiting Caracas I did a pretty extensive search for hotels trying to find the best hotel based on price, location and safety. Unfortunately many of the "winners" didn't respond to my email or were booked so I had to keep on searching (which is good for you). I've also included some reviews and warnings I found on some of the cheaper hotels. Just remember all of this info came from others...its just my collection of their advice.

All of the following hotels were recommended by someone in VT, Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor….etc. I obviously haven't stayed at these hotels. Address groupings are very loose....

Three Districts/Areas to Consider

Sabana Grande - which is in the center of the city (midtown or new downtown) & rates range from $100 to $400+++. You will be able to find bargain hotels here

Plaza Catedral Hotel Address: Plaza bolívar, The center , Caracas 1010, Venezuela – great location, church bell next door rings every 15 minutes (get interior room) Telephone: 0212 564 2111 Email: plazacatedral@cantv.net

Nuestro Hotel (Hostel) Address: Calle el colegio cnr av casanova, Sabana grande , Caracas , Venezuela - Backpacker hotel in sex district, (federal district) unsafe @night – great place to meet other travelers – Very helpful staff, laundry service, luggage storage and airport pickup by their knowledgeable English-speaking driver, Sr Ferrer. * Telephone: 0212 761 5431 * Email: hostel@ospreyvenezuela.com

Hotel La Mirage (Hotel) * Neighbourhood: Sabana Grand - seedy area but one of the few hotels that does not rent by the hour. safe cheap, Telephone: 0212 793 2733

Hotel Ritz (Hotel)Address: Av las palmas, cnr av libertador, Sabana grande , Caracas , Venezuela Telephone: 0212 793 7811

Posada del Hidalgo (Hotel) Address: Av la playa, urbanización alamo, Macuto , Caracas , Venezuela
Located in Macuto, a 20min ride from the airport, this is one of the better deals along the Litoral Central, as the stretch of coast over the mountains from Caracas is known. Fronted by a locally popular tasca (Spanish tavern), it's a well-run ship with a personable crew. Telephone: 212 414 8460

Hotel Cristal (Hotel) - Telephone: 0212 761 9131 - Address: Blvd de sabana grande, pasaje asunción, Sabana grande , Caracas , Venezuela - Right on the boulevard, this isn't the classiest place but it has lots of spacious, serviceable rooms, some with blue balconies overlooking (and hearing) the activity below. The entrance is on a pedestrian passage that is fondly referred to as La Puñalada (The Stab), with a string of gay-oriented tascas (Spanish-style bar-restaurants).

hotel la floresta – clean basic, hot water, close to subway – good location – hotel staff not helpful - 255 bolivars $55 – reports of LOCKED luggage and $ being stolen from the rooms. Telephone: 212 263 1955. Email: hotellafloresta@cantv.net Website: www.hotellafloresta.com

The Backpackers Hostel, Caracas – federal district -The cheapest backpackers place located near the most popular shopping area of Caracas city. Great for meeting other travelers. No dormitories available. No kitchen. No B&B Price From: US$ 16 per double room. ! Area located is VERY unsafe at night, rents rooms by the hour, no hot water. Does have 24 hours pick up service. No website.

Chacao – which is the safe upscale area (all the locals I talked to recommend staying in this district). Hotels here are more expensive but every local I talked to recommend that I stay in this area (it’s the safest).

Hotel Campo Alegre in Chacao Teléfono:(212) 2653946 (212) 2653947 (212) 2658028 Dirección:2da. Av. Campo Alegre c/c Páez Chacao, Miranda

Altamira Suites – can book through trip advisor –$95 – recommended by many including lonely planet. Single 44 ; Doble o matrimonial $ 51 ; Triple $ 58 ; Cuadruple $ 64

Hotel Gabiral - Teléfono: (212) 7816908 (212) 7931156 (212) 7930956 Dirección: Prolong. Av. Las Acacias, calle Los Hoteles Sabana Grande, Distrito Capital

Hotel Altamira $42 to $80 night – review score 62%. , Av Jose Felix Sosa, Altamira Sur (near Britanica Tower), ☎ +58 (212) 267-4284, 267-4255 (hotelaltamira@telcel.net.ve (email does not work), fax: (58-212) 267-1926). Decent part of town. Safe. Hot water takes time. in the middle of Altamira, which is one of Caracas' safer neighbourhoods. One block from the Canadian Embassy and one block from Altamira Metro Station and 10 minute walking distance from Sambil Mall (which is Caracas' largest mall, and boasts some 500 different stores and restaurants

Hotel El Cid is located 1 block north of FdeM, in La Castellana, which is between Altamira and Bello Campo. you can contact them at cumarucidhotel@cantv.net, and by phone: 212-2630691, 212-2631715, fax:212-2635578. $130 ///// http://www.hotelresidencialelcid.com Email Address: info@hotelresidencialelcid.com

Hotel La Floresta is the closest to FdeM and a metro station, a few steps south, in Altamira. you can contact them at hotellafloresta@cantv.net, or by phone: 212-2631955, they have an option for english./// Avenida Avila | Altamira Sur, Caracas, Venezuela _ $179 according to real travel.com

Cumberland

Presidential hotel $195 night on priceline
Embassy Suites - $209 – has rooms on price line starting at $280
Centro Lido - $155
Eurobuilding - $266
Best Western - $337.50

area around the Airport - ideal if you are coming/going to the Airport. It’s also a safer area.

Hotel Santiago**, by the airport - Perfect place if you are arriving late or flying early. Bedrooms with AC, TV and private bathroom. Bar & restaurant. 24 hours reception. Price From:US$ 48 per double room. Airport pick up available. Telephone 02127615431

Hotel Catimar 5 minutes from the airport. Airport pick-up service for 7.50 USD. Hotel bar. No hot water or English

• Written December 15, 2008

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Finding a budget hotel: Hotel Guide for Caracas

I spent DAYS looking for a hotel in Caracas, reading reviews, advise etc and figured I’d put it all together my summary to help out other travelers.

1) It is almost impossible to find a safe, reasonably priced hotel in Caracas that has a room available. In fact I called a half dozen hotels before I found a room (I was traveling during peak tourist season).

Oh and for my fellow backpackers...give up the idea of spending less than $20 here....it just won't happen. If you get a cheaper hotel (less than $60) remember...cheap hotels in Caracas often in dangerous districts and rent rooms by the hour (since they also function as Brothels)

2) Everyone that I talked to in the “know” told me to make a hotel reservation BEFORE I reached Caracas and to have the hotel arrange for an airport pickup (especially if arriving at night)…if you are arriving during the day, are on a budget and don’t have a lot of luggage the bus is an option).

Reservations/Airport pick up are recommended because of safety and because hotels go fast here. If you don’t have a reservation you may spend hours looking for a hotel.

3) Most of the reasonably priced hotels do not have email addresses or websites so you will need to call them to make a reservation.

If calling from the US dial 011- 58 + 212 then the 7 digit phone #. Unless you have a special long distance plan calls to Venezuela can be expensive (they were 65 cents a minute from my cell phone).

The cheapest way is to buy a Latin America Calling Card. I live in Florida so this may be easier for me than for others but I got mine at the local Walgreens. The rechargeable card was $10 and calls are 9 cents a minute. )

4) Many people in Venezuela don’t speak English... so if you aren’t fluent write out what you need in Spanish so you are ready to make your request in Spanish if you need to. They’re maybe someone there who speaks English but you may have to hold (why I recommended the calling card)

5) There seem to be three main hotel zones to consider

a) Sabana Grande - grande which is in the center of the city (midtown or new downtown) & rates range from $100 to $400+++. You will be able to find bargain hotels here

b) Chacao – which is the safe upscale area (all the locals I talked to recommend staying in this district). Hotels here are more expensive

c) the area around the Airport – ideal if you are coming/going to the Airport. It’s also a safer area.

• Written December 15, 2008

• veexplorer profile photo veexplorer
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Venezuela Explorer Camp: Beautifoul Eco-lodge in Santa Elena.

Venezuela Explorer is not only a good travel agency. They are also conduccting a big eco-lodge in the city of Santa Elena de Urien, on the Gran Sabana in Venezuela.
The lodge has a really good standard, as for Venezuela. There are a few possibilities of accomendation (rooms, churuatas-little indian houses and a seldom tourist house in the jungle).
The meals are also delicious, based on natural healthy food, and lot of fresh fruits.

Many possibilieties of accomendation, friendly tropical animals in the lodge, big fruit plantation, near to jungle, vegetarian food, eco-friendly.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Study Abroad, Family Travel
  • Written September 18, 2008

Churuata

Euro Hotel Madrid, Maracay

When the bus arrived to Maracay it was already dark and the rain was pouring down. I didn’t have a reservation for a room and was a bit worried that the hotels were going to be full as it was weekend and holiday time. But as I was hungry I bought Chinese take away first (like last year). Then I took a taxi to Hotel Mar del Plata where I had stayed last year. It was full and I asked the taxi driver to take me to Hotel Wladimir, which was also full. They called two other hotels without luck. Back in the taxi the taxi driver took out a lot of cards and called several hotels. One problem he said was that the hotels charged by hour and therefore became very expensive. One of the hotels he called didn’t rent the rooms more than four hours. Well, finally he got me a room at a nice hotel, but expensive, near the bus station, Euro Hotel Madrid.
Euro Hotel Madrid is situated just behind the bus station (half a block), which was very convenient the next morning when I was going to Caracas. It felt like a safe place and the man in the reception was very helpful. I got a jar with cold filtered water to take to the room, and a lady who was in the reception as the same time as me came to my room to give me a piece of cake. It was a good room and I was listening to music on the TV and packing my bags for the flight back to Europe the next day when suddenly, at 22.00, a very noisy air condition was turned on. The machine was standing just outside my room. I don’t like air condition (and it was absolutely not necessary) and I want it to be quiet in the room so I went down to the reception to say that. As the air condition was a central one for almost every room on that floor I had to change room. I got a bigger room (but the light was not as good) in the end of the corridor, which had its own air condition (which I didn’t swish on).
The room was 150 000 Bs (60 dollars) for one night.

This could be a good option if you are flying out of Caracas later during the day, at least if you are two sharing the price.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written August 16, 2008

My first room

Hotel Victoria, Maracaibo

Hotel Victoria is situated in the old centre at Plaza Baralt. There was no one in the reception as I arrive and according to the front page of the guest list they were all couples renting a room only for two hours, for 30 Bs. For a whole night I paid 70 Bs for a room (August 2008).
I arrived in the afternoon and wanted to go to a travel agent, but it took some time before I could do that. I had to change room three times. In the bathrooms you must turn on the water for the room before you can open the taps. In the first bathroom the shower went on automatically and could not be turned off (and there was no cabin), in the second bathroom the flush and tap didn’t work and the third room didn’t have a key. The forth room I got was the biggest of them all and it had an extra bed. All windows (in all rooms I saw) were covered, but in the room I got there was a door that opened up to a balcony. In the rooms there is also a TV.
The woman cleaning was very nice and helpful when I changed room and she went out to ask for a travel agent. In the evening I went down to the reception to make a phone call (I wanted to call and reserve a hotel in Maracay). The man that by then was in the reception told me to go to the phones in the square, a place I didn’t want to visit in the dark alone. I said I will call tomorrow, but I should have said I could pay in the hotel to use their phone (nothing he suggested).

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written August 16, 2008

My room at Hotel Victoria

Posada Guamanchi Merida

Guamanchi is a quite big posada and there are many different kind of rooms. There are no single room though so I had a double with bathroom (there is hot water). It was 80 Bsf a night (June/July 2008). I really liked my room and had the same one both times I came back from trips. From the room there was a great view of the mountains and there was a hammock (wich I used a lot) outside the room and a table with chairs. Below there is a park and there can be some noice from there but it was never disturbing, and the police seems to keep it quite early.
Other rooms have shared bathroom and those rooms don´t have the view over the mountains. There is a kitchen and a terrace with tables and hammocks.
The rooms and bathrooms are clean. There was no towel in the room but I got one when I asked.
The posada is just next to Guamanchis tour office.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 4, 2008

My room

Hotel Recidencial Colonial, San Antonio

This is a very basic hotel and I got the cheapest room, a single room for 30 Bs for one night (July 2008). The room was small with a fan (which was not necessary as it was windy from outside). There was a bathroom but no door between the room and bathroom. There was not allways water in the toilet's water reservoir so I asked for a bucket just in case I would need it. Toilet paper and soap was provided. The towel and sheets where very thin (had been washed many times) and the mattress was very old too. But it was clean!

The hotel is situated close to Plaza Bolivar.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 4, 2008

My room

• tinsk profile photo tinsk
  • Reviews: 20

venezuela budget accomodation

Posada "La casita"-Ciudad Bolivar

Posada "Los Elechos" - Merida

camping (sleeping in hammocks)

homestay