Map &

Rate it

Top Tours

Private Customizable Day Tour to Alexandria from Cairo
From $63.00
Discover Alexandria: Day Tour from Cairo to Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum and Montaza Gardens with Lunch
From $55.00
City of Greco-Roman Landmarks - Alexandria From Cairo
From $108.00

Seafood restaurants Tips (21)

Elaa fish restuarnt: Fresh delecious Sea food means Alexandria

It was over day business trip to Alexandria, and being in Alexandria the biggest sea side city in Egypt ( in the Mediterranean )for work means two main things to be done
1- To walk in the Corniche ( a waterfront promenade ) corniche in Alexandria,
The major waterfront corridor in Egypt
2- Is to eat Sea food and because I am from one of the sea side cities that means that I

Favorite Dish adore sea food and look for best restaurant to eat sea foods where ever I go

In that restaurant where they bring fresh fishes and sea food you start by selecting what to eat from the display and they cook for you, we ordered bream (Gilt-head bream fish ) wish comes from the Mediterranean Sea ) it was grilled with garlic and coverd with tomato slides
They also served rice with sea food and shaped like heart in good way
Rich Sea food ( Shrimps – Calamary – fish fillet ) soup to start with

HeshamMA's Profile Photo
Jun 19, 2013

Rakouda Restaurant: Very good !!

While in Alexandria I had to try its famous Fresh Fish. I looked around for a fine restaurant and stopped at Rakouda, which has a very fine architecture.

For my surprise the Rakouda restaurant has no menu !!! - Costumers choose the fish or the seafood directly from the stand and discuss dishes with the chef. Actually it was great !!! - I Loved the concept.
Mt choice was for a fresh 750gr Sea-bass, requested to be grilled, and 250gr Mussels to cooked on the Alexandria way as per the chef's suggestion.(Pictures attached to this tip).

For drinks, oh well, options were bottled water or pepsi !!!
That's Ok, I was in an Arab country but, I shall confess, while eating this savoury fish, I was missing my beloved Vinho Verde from Portugal.

After the Mussels & the Sea-bass I even found space for three big King Prawns, which were served grilled as per my requested.

Loved the food at the Rakouda, despite missing my Vinho Verde.

MarioPortugal's Profile Photo
Oct 30, 2011

Balbaa Seafood Restaurant Village for Grills: Mediterranean Seafood at its best!

Balbaa Restaurant is huge! It can be very noisy but it is a family restaurant literally it reminds me of busy family kitchen. The have a large screen television with usually some sporting event on. This just adds to the charm for me. You can asked to be seated away from the TV if you like. There is plenty of much quieter tables available. Alexandria has fewer visiting tourists than other Egyptian cities do, so most of the customers are locals.

The staff is friendly and courteous. Ask for someone that can speak English to explain the menu to you because it is all in Arabic.

Favorite Dish Fried Calamari and Seafood Rice. The Seafood Rice has bits of Shrimp and Scallops in it. YUMMMY! I like the Calamari because the outside breading stays crunchy-crispy and doesn't turn soggy after a few minutes on your plate.
Also try the Jumbo Prawns, for persons that don't like seafood, they alson have Lamb and Chicken Kebabs. They also have a pretty good salad of cucumber, onoins and tomatoes.
Be sure to start off your meal with the Garlic Dip, Babaghanouj and Tahina Dips.

I really enjoyed eating here and you will too! We ate here TWO nights in a ROW!

Court94403's Profile Photo
Oct 24, 2010

Sabrin: You want seafood - go here

This small place is fantastic. Its on the waterfront just down by the fort.

On the ground floor you choose you fish, then go upstairs to the dining room to wait for it.

You also get Pits bread and 5 salads with it.

The seafood is so fresh its wonderful, and ther service is friendly and good.

Would go back anyday

Km105 Alexandria - Marsa Matrouh Road, Alexandria, 51718, Egypt
52 Saad Zaghloul St., Raml Station, Alexandria, Egypt
16, Saad Zagloul Square, Alexandria, 1726, Egypt
44 El Gueish Road, Alexandria, 21599, Egypt

It was in Arabic....: Seafood, mama. I'll have to give good directions. I found this place while looking for somewhere else with a bad map and sketchy directions. After a couple of passes I figured this place was obviously a fish restaurant and although not the one I was looking for my stomach was saying past dinnertime. I wasn't let down: in fact I went back a couple of nights later.

Good fresh seafood properly cooked is always a delight and no compaints at all here, but there's more. Excellent seafood soup with lumps of crustaceam to dissect, great spiced rice and very good accompanying salads. And the portions were exactly the right size too. And excellent service. Not obsequeious but thoroughly professional.

Favorite Dish Both times the bill was 50 LE or so, which I think is fairly modest for what I ate and the general quality of the experience.

The Corniche turns to the left, leaving the shoreline and cutting across to the western harbour, as you near Quait Bey. Continue along for 100 metres or so (past a fish're obviously in the right sort of area) then, before the road bends to the left again, there's a sort of little square on your right... It's obviously a restaurant, tables outside and smart wrought-iron chairs, with the fish on display in a separate building.

TheLongTone's Profile Photo
Feb 06, 2010

Qadourah: Choose your own fish

This is a family restaurant suitable for large or small groups. When you enter, you choose the fish or shellfish (shrimp, calamari) you want (you can actually see it), specify how you want it cooked (usually fried, or baked, we did try grilled once) They also have a delicious buttery tasting soup with seafood in it.

The eating area is upstairs. Simple Egyptian salads, tomato & cuke, babaghanoush, and bread come with the dinner.

Favorite Dish Each fish type I have tasted, the shrimp and calamari are all incredible, great flavor and mostly because they are as fresh as possible.

(This is all Egyptian-style, meaning if you do not eat fish with any oil, or fried, and only eat it grilled and w/o seasoning, you may not like it as much)

zuhur's Profile Photo
Apr 13, 2009

Seafood restaurants: Sabrin

Unfortunately don’t know the name of this seafood restaurant (if you understand Arabic you can find it on my second pic) but remember its location just near the Fort of Quit Bay at the Corniche (look at my GoogleEarth Panoramio location). It was a good decision to have a dinner for our group consisted of 30 tourists. It took us less than an hour. The meal included 3 types of local fish which names I don’t remember as well. I’m a bad restaurant adviser…

I paid LE35 ($7) without drinks. A bottle of local beer costs LE20 ($4).

You may watch my high resolution photos on Google Earth in Alexandria Seafood Restaurant according to the following coordinates 31º 12' 34.19" N 29º 52' 55.34" E
or on my Google Earth Panoramio Photo.

Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
Dec 09, 2007

Seafood restaurants: by the coast

In our trip to Alexandria we went to eat in one of many seafood restaurants near the coast. The food was o.k...we got fish soup, which was fine, rice, french-fries and calamary. There was also a salad and some friut for dessert. For me it was fine, but the people who asked for chicken instead of fish were not really happy because it seemed they fried chicken in the same oil as fish so it tasted a bit like fish. My advice is - in a seafood restaurant always choose fish!

ivanab's Profile Photo
Sep 02, 2007

Top 5 Alexandria Writers

sayedaburas's Profile Photo

"My Home town"
freddie18's Profile Photo

"My Alexandria Homepage"
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

"Alexandria - Another Egypt"
uglyscot's Profile Photo

MalenaN's Profile Photo

"Alexandria - a lovely city by the sea"
View Member

Our wives had fish that were overcooked and dry --seemed to be prepared days in advance. Big embarassment since I was meeting a classmate and his wife whom I had not seen for 15 years--i picked the restaurant .. they brought out a second try at the Prime Rib which was worse than the first . The third try was filets which were crumbly and cooked to death. Prices were 5 star: food was no stars.

Almost to the point of fraud.

Mar 12, 2007

Sabrin Restaurant: Fresh and Yummy Seafood

It is located right on Alexandria Beach Front. You will see a nice fresh fish decoration at the entrance with great waitress. The dining tables will be on the first floor where you can see a wonderful view of Alexandria beach. It has a clean toilet and surroundings. The starters will be arabic interesting salad. You will be excited to try them all. One set of menu will be with 2 kinds of fish, squid and shrimp.The serving time is quite longer than what we expected, perhaps it is because they want to serve the fresh ones only.

Favorite Dish Try one set of fried seafood. Really crispy, taste great, and good enough for your heavy lunch. It will be served with arabic salad and sauces,6-8 of them, and arabic bread.

Feb 21, 2007

Seafood restaurants: Dine along the Mediterranean

There are a number of seafood restaurants in the city. For some people, it might be nice to choose one with the seaside view. From Alexandria, a wealth of seafood is distributed throughout the country. One of my favorite aspects of food in this region is the variety of choices. The bread is brought out, and then there are a variety of dishes to choose from to go with the bread. With such a variety, anyone is bound to like at least some of them. There are many types of fish to choose from. In addition to this shrimp and calamari are popular. At the seafood markets, there are also crabs, mussels, and eels to select.

Favorite Dish Combination of various seafood

sswagner's Profile Photo
Jul 13, 2006

Fish Bono: Fish Bono

The restaurant is a simple design, nothing extra, but fairly big, they have two floors full of tables (plus the entrance on the groundfloor). When we were there, a lot of local people ate there (maybe it was only crowded due to the Ramadan, when everybody eats at the same time during the day when the sun goes down).

We had a whole meal organized by our TourGuide so we didn't order off the menu. They brought a lot of appetizers with the Pita bread, then fried Octopus ("Calamari") and one fish for each of us (as You can see on the picture). It was very tasty, I ate some Octopus, even though I'm not a great fan of it. The fish and the appetizers were delicious!

The drinks were very expensive, though, and they didn't have cold beer, only the soft drinks were cold.

Favorite Dish Appetizers, Fish

balint01's Profile Photo
Nov 09, 2005

Things To Do Near Alexandria

fort of Qaitbey

The citadel also known as fort Qaitbey is an impressive building, but what made it somehow magic for me was the fact that here the ancent lighthouse of Alexandria was located. The forth was built in...

Montazah palace and gardens

We had taken a picnic lunch - and lots of water because it was 30 degrees in October - and found a quiet spot to sit down and eat. After we finished eating we walked towards the beach. There is a path...

Anfushi tombs

The Anfushi tombs These limestone tombs, which date from about 250 BC, are painted to simulate alabaster and marble. They are decorated with pictures of Egyptian gods and daily life, along with...

Pompey's Pillar

Pompeii Pillar All that remains of this huge temple is one huge red granite pillar, two sphinx and some ruins. The temple was built in 207AD for the Roman Emperor Diocletian . It is called Pompeii’s...

Getting to Alexandria

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!