map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Day Tour to Cairo from Luxor by Flight
"At 8:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel or Nile Cruise in Luxor by a representative. Then you will be transferred to Luxor International Airport for flight to Cairo where you will be met by a guide who will hold a sign of your name in front of t Chephren and Mykerinus. Then followed by a visit to the Valley Temple the Temple where the Highest Priests Mumified the dead body of king Chephren and made his final judgement for his heart it also the same place where you can get closer to The Great Sphinx where you can take your memorable professional pictures that will be taken and assisted by your tour guide. The Sphinx as known the head of a Pharaoh with a lion's body which dates from the time of Chephren the owner of the second pyramid at Giza Platue.After spending your 3 hours visit to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx stop for lunch included at local restaurant in Giza. Then you will continue your day tour to the Egyptian Museum which features artifacts from the Pharaonic period. The museum displays a rare collection of 5000 years of art which is considered the larges000 genuine artefacts are presented
From $400.00

Tour to Cairo from Luxor by Train with First Class Seat
"At 18:00 you will be picked up from your hotel in Luxor and transferred to Luxor train station for a 10 hour train journey to Cairo. Upon arrival at Giza Station at 7.00am you will be met by a tour guide who will be waiting for you on the platform with a Chephren and Mykerinus. Then visit the Valley Temple this is the where the Highest Priests mummified the dead body of king Chephren and made his final judgement for his heart it also the same place where you can get closer to The Great Sphinx where you can take your memorable photos. Next see the Sphinx as known the head of a Pharaoh with a lion's body which dates from the time of Chephren the owner of the second pyramid at Giza Platue.After spending your 3 hours visit to Giza Pyramids and Sphinx stop for lunch included at local restaurant in Giza. Then you continue your day tour to the Egyptian Museum which features artifacts from the Pharaonic period. The museum displays a rare collection of 5000 years of art which is considered the largest mos
From $125.00

"Private Customizable Day tour around Giza
"Private Customizable Day tour around Giza Saqqara and Dahshur from Cairo""Your private guide will pick you up from your accommodation at 7:30am. Choose any four of these places for a customized 8-hour private tour: Giza: pyramids valley temple and the SphinxSaqqara: Step pyramid of King Zoser and tomb of KagemniDahshur: The Red pyramid and the Bent pyramid of SnefruCairo: the Egyptian MuseumCairo: Tower with a panoramic view of Cairo from the topCairo: the Cit church of Abu Serga (Holy Family crypt) and synagogue of Ben Ezra)Cairo: Old gates of Cairo with part of Muezz street (oldest street of Cairo)In between you will have lunch at a local restaurant."
From $75.00

Felfela Restaurant Tips (40)

Felfela Restaurant: Unsatisfied by the food

The place was crowded and has a good reputation.
Nice interiors ad friendly service, but I was disappointed by the food.
It was absolutely basic, no dressings and poor taste of both, vegetables and meat.

Favorite Dish None

gmg61's Profile Photo
gmg61
Aug 10, 2015

Felfela: Overrated restaurant

Overrated and overpriced restaurant! I have always wondered why this place is so popular especially among tourists? then after going there with my Dutch friend & her boyfriend and drink the worst lemonade ever I just realized if it wasn't for the location (Down town), the alcoholic and being mentioned in several guidebooks...No one would have ever consider going there! (my opinion)
There's nothing special about that place! you can do better with the same price

HebaM's Profile Photo
HebaM
Aug 31, 2012

Felfela: Authentic local food

Almost an oasis in the bustle & pollution of Cairo, it's set in a relaxing garden. You have the choice of eating inside or at one of the garden tables.

The customers are almost exclusively Egyptian, so you can be assured it's authentic food, and there are some 'international' items on the menu too. Service and food are excellent and the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming.

Favorite Dish Taamia Felfela, which is falafel with minced meat, Bassara, which is traditional falafel with herbs & spices, stuffed vine leaves, done the Egyptian way which is cooked and served warm, chicken kabab.

colin_bramso's Profile Photo
colin_bramso
Sep 10, 2011

Felfela: Felfela - delicious comfort food

I got used eating Egypt's national food - the Koshary and one day I passed by Felfela Restaurant and ordered one for takeout, the one in Talat Harb Street near Tahrir. Aside from koshary, this restaurant has a wide variety of meals to choose from. Cheap, delicious and popular also among locals and tourists. A bowl of koshary (medium) costs only about EGP7.

It's a chain resto, they have several branches.

June.b's Profile Photo
June.b
Jun 22, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Felfela Restaurant

1 Maadi Star Towers Floor 1 , Cairo, 11712, Egypt
Hotels
6,Bank Misr St.,off Sherif St, infront of the centeral bank of Egypt, 3rd floor, 11111
41 Sherif Street
42 Abd El Khalek Sarwat, 5th Floor
1089 Corniche El Nile, PO Box 63, Cairo, 11519, Egypt

felfela cairo: thieves

On a recent three week tour of Egypt to see the pyramids and visit friends who work at the embassy I visited Felfela twice with Egyptian friends. The first time the Capitan Waiter (per nametag) asked for 35 Egyptian Pounds for a beer that the menu listed for EP 19 + 10% tax and 12% service fee (apex 23.50) or 15 for coffee/tea/soda which should be EP7.50. When I disputed it he admitted his mistake, charged me correctly and refunded what he had already overcharged others in my group.

The second time we went my wife paid while I was in the bathroom and when I discovered she had been overcharged EP75 instead of EP42 for beer, coffee and sodas the waiter denied the overcharging and showed me a single typed page which said the price was EP23.50 including tax and service but said "including" was a typo and crossed it out on the price list. When I pointed out that EP23.50 plus tax and service still did not total EP35 or turn EP7.50 to EP15 he called the manager over. To my utter amazement the manager agreed with the waiter and refused to return the EP33 extra I had been charged for all the drinks my wife had overpaid for. Later, when I explained I would report it to the tourist police and write to all the blogs and guide books, he offered to refund my money and give me free dessert. Then they charged the rest of my friends the correct prices and promised to do anything to make me happy. Of course my 2 Egyptian Phd companions helped with the translation when the winter and manager suddenly couldn't understand english after earlier having displayed almost absolute fluency.

This restaurant gets hundreds of tourist with tour groups every day and clearly does it all of them with the knowing complicity of the manager. I don't see why, since even 24 or 7.50 pounds is triple the normal prices. I find it hard to imagine that a restaurant owner shrewd enough to build such a successful business is not complicit when it is her honor and livelihood at stake. I can only believe that they are convinced that the benefit of getting away with it most of the time outweighs a few irate customers and they don't believe stealing from tourists can have a permanent impact since we leave after the trip.

It doesn't matter to me if the employees are screwing the owner, or the owner is screwing the tax man and the church by underreporting income and paying less tax and tithe, but it is not a practice I think foreign tourists should encourage. If there is a posted price that you order from, that is what you should pay. If a restaurant with an otherwise decent reputation will conspire to screw its customer on the price of beverages, it doesn't take much imagination to wonder if they are recycling left over hummus, rice, soup, etc from the customer in the chair before you. If you read this consider discouraging this practice by not going to the restaurant.

mohamrekia
Jan 08, 2011

felfela cairo: thieves

Although the interior and staff are crafted to give a foreign visitor the impression of safe cleanliness and refined manners, the bilingual waiters AND management are well practiced thieves. On a recent three week tour I visited Felfela twice with Egyptian friends. The first time the Capitan Waiter (per nametag) asked for 35 Egyptian Pounds for a beer that the menu salisted for EP 19 + 10% tax and 12% service fee (apex 23.50). When I disputed it he admitted his mistake, charged me correctly and refunded what he had already overcharged others in my group. The second time we went the waiter denied the overcharging and showed me a single typed page which said the price was 23.50 including tax and service but said" including" was a typo. When I pointed out that 23.50 plus tax and service still did not total 35 he called the manager over. To my utter amazement the manager agreed with the waiter and refused to return the 30 extra I had been charged for all the drinks I paid for. Later when I explained I would report it to the tourists police and write to all the blobs and guide books he offered to refund only 10 and give me free dessert. Then they charged the rest of my friends the correct prices. This restaurant gets hundreds of tourist with tour groups every day and clearly does it all of them with the knowing complicity of the manager. I don't see why, since even 24 pounds is triple the normal price for a beer. I find it hard to imagine that a restaurant owner shrewd enough to build such a successful business in egypt where questionable business practices are seen regulaly is not complicit with the waiter and manager for a kickback. It doesn't matter to me if they are screwing the owner, or the owner is screwing the tax man and the church by underreporting income and paying less tax and tithe, but it is not a practice I thing foreign tourists should encourage. If there is a posted price that you order from, that is what you should pay. If a restaurant with an otherwise decent reputation will conspire to screw its customer on the posted price of beverages, it doesn't take much imagination to wonder if they are recycling left over hummus etc from the last customer in the chair before you. If you read this consider discouraging this practice by not going to the restaurant.

mohamrekia
Jan 08, 2011

Felfela: Fast Food Egyptian Style

Our first offer was to go to a "buffet" for about $20.00 each. This is a lot by Egyptian standards and is a cash grab for tourists.

With some pressure from us our guide eventually remembered a local place, which turned out to be a chain called Felfela. This was
wonderful. We had a feast of a fluffy sort of pita, hummus, salad, veggie burgers, and grilled meat all for about $7.00 each.
We'd go again!! This is a great way to sample some local dishes on the cheap!

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
easterntrekker
Apr 08, 2010

Felfela Takeaway: Fast Food Egyptian style

There are two Felafel operations. The first is a chain of fast-food outlets doing the Egyptian street-food staples ...falafel, fuul, eggs, fries &c. The setup is easy to follow: you pay first , get a ticket which you give to a counterhand, you get your food. It's edible enough (Egyptians eat the stuff) & the prices reasonable: (Egyptians eat the stuff) & the computer ticket system means you know you're not getting ripped off. althoght the prices on the signboard are a bit out of date. (current inflation rate in Egypt is near 8%) It's pretty well spotless and you can get in one hit a combination of things that might involve two or three vendors if bought on the street.

You can sit and eat there (standing up with the TV seemingly always playing Umm Kulthoum) or take your food away.

The restaurant, a few doors up, is a different kettle of fish. I personally disliked it a lot.
I thought the decor cheesy, the food (stuffed pigeon) indifferent and the service dreadful.

Favorite Dish Takeaway: You can do better, but you can do a lot worse.

Restaurant: The food is no reason to come here. If you don't like the ambiance, AVOID

TheLongTone's Profile Photo

uglyscot

"Cairo- Umm el Dunya"
Diana75's Profile Photo

Diana75

"CAIRO... still thinking of..."
travelife's Profile Photo

travelife

"Cairo"

Felfela - Downtown Cairo: Good Egyptian & Vegetarian Food

Great authentic atmosphere in this restaurant (interesting birdcages & fishtanks around).
Very popular and busy. Get there early, or make a reservation.

Amusing and charismatic staff.

Many dishes to suit vegetarians.

Again, not the cheapest. If I recall we paid 400LE (approx. £30). For a mixed mezze for 2 (around 4 dishes), 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine.

The food was REALLY tasty in here though.... I even preferred it to Abou El Sid's.

Favorite Dish Again a mix of Mezze dishes for me.
My favourite was the Shakshouka (a dish of baked vegetables, topped with a fried egg, then finished with spicy minced beef and parsley).

poons's Profile Photo
poons
Mar 27, 2009

Felfela: Clean, cheerful and authentic Egyptian

A busy restaurant located just off Talaat Harb Street. Greeted by a Maitre D and quickly shown to a clean and pleasant table ready for us. They had a good selection of Egyptian/Middle eastern foods or less exotic if you're not feeling too adventurous. The service was prompt and the waiters very pleasant with sufficient English. There is plenty on the menu for Vegetarians.
We all enjoyed our meal and felt satisfied at the end. I can't remember the bill at the end but it was probably in the order of about GB£6 - 7 each including drinks.

Favorite Dish The Baba Ganouche ( pureed aubergine) as a starter was very good. We were all very hungry and they kept bringing more unleavened bread to mop up the various mezze dishes. My daughter enjoyed her chips and she liked the chicken as well - no complaints.

MikeBird's Profile Photo
MikeBird
Feb 06, 2009

Felfela Restaurant: Typical local food

Went for lunch here with our tour group. Nice traditional restaurant with outdoor seating areas too. We ordered the lunch set menu which cost around LE50 per person and included mezze, a choice of three main dishes (local dish, shish kebab, etc) and a traditional rice dessert. Drinks were extra. There is also a Felfela takeaway restaurant near to the restaurant entrance.

Favorite Dish Shish kebab

chizz's Profile Photo
chizz
Jan 05, 2009

Felafela: Mango Juice @ Felafela

The ambience is very nice. the mango juice was absolutely worth it. But then I realized that they do really good mango juice. But the entire setting of the restaurant is peaceful and cool.

I wasn't too impressed with the hummous. There seemed to be an extra tinge of tahina sauce.

Favorite Dish Mango Juice by far. We had Khusrey - bean, rice, pasta and tomatoe sauce mixed together - not too bad.
Lentil soup was good.

remsteel's Profile Photo
remsteel
Mar 31, 2008

Things to Do Near Felfela Restaurant

Islamic Cairo

Mediaeval Cairo, often referred to as Fatimid or Islamic Cairo, is extremely fascinating, as this part of the city has changed little in perhaps 500 years. It was the centre of Cairo for eight...

Mosque of Muhammad Ali - Alabaster

At the opposite side of the Mohamed Ali mosque there is the smaller El Nasir mosque which I enjoyed more as it was poorer I mean not as much decorated as the other one. This one was built between 1318...

Khan el Khalili

Best tip for here would be to walk like an Egyptian. Walk, acknowledge hello's and welcome with a smile, say Shukran and KEEP walking. Don't initially express excitement through your eyes, they are...

Memphis - Statue of Ramesses II

Memphis is the oldest capital of Egypt located about 45 to an hour drive from Cairo. Here you can find the open air museum that showcases different kinds of statues for Ramses II, a statue of an...

Amr Ibn El Aas Mosque

Amr Ibn El aas Mosque' has a tent in the entrance managed by nice Mohamed he is a nice person with a good smile , i bought from there a Sibha , which we use to count prayers , he sells some oriental...

Al Jame' al Anwar - Al-Hakim Mosque

Named after the Fatimid Caliph al-Hakim, this mosque is one of a few remaining Fatimid-period structures in Cairo, completed in 1013 AD. The mosque underwent a sorry restoration project in 1981 which...

Getting to Felfela Restaurant

Address

Hoda Shaarawy, Bab Al Louq, Abdin, Cairo Governorate, Egypt

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map