The Moghul Room, Cairo

by egyptianhunk

• renatob's Profile Photo

Moghul Rooms: indian experience

by renatob Written May 13, 2006

I know it s a posh and fancy restaurant but it s not that expensive!I had a fantastic dinner at the indian restaurant, i haven t tried the other one.However the food was not unbeatable , it was more the ambience, the candeliers and the live music, soft but touching, that made it a great dining experience.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Al Rubayyat: Exotic Food and Entertainment

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Feb 4, 2006

The Al Rubayyat at the Mena House Oberoi is a delight not to be missed for many reasons.

The restaurant is situated in the old part of the hotel and the surroundings are both palatial and exotic.

Service is good (though not excellent, as one might expect it to be) and the floor show is spectacular. The show starts late, so if you are dining, book for a late sitting. As I recall, the floor show did not start until about 10pm.

The food was very good indeed - perhaps some of the best I had eaten in Egypt. The surroundings are very upmarket, the settings silver service - but something is missing, and I cannot quite put a finger on it.

When I checked into the hotel I asked to make a reservation at this restaurant, as I had read that it could be difficult (even for residents) to get a reservation here. The supposedly helpful desk cleark indicated that there was no need for residents to reserve, even for the assurance of a good table. This was very poor advice indeed. On the night we sought to dine here (our last night in the hotel and in Cairo) a medical convention had booked most of the tables in the restaurant and we were refused a sitting on arriving there ( I must remind you that on checking the previous night I was advised that no reservationwas required). When I protested they found me a table behind a pole, making it difficult to see the floor show. Thankfully those at a neighbouring table vacated early, and we could clearly see the floorshow when we moved to their seats.

yes I'd go again, but I'd book early.

Address: Mena House Oberoi

Website: http://www.oberoimenahouse.com

Exotic ceiling at Al Rubayyat
    • Luxury Travel

• MaximusTravel's Profile Photo

Moghul Rooms: OUTSTANDING

by MaximusTravel Written Mar 26, 2005

Really wonderful food. The butter chicken is sublime.. Really wonderful. To top it off; Live Music! The singer was incredible and very authentic - just as the food was. Doesn't matter where you stay - (I wouldn't stay at the Mena.) YOU SHOULD EAT HERE.

Address: giza city near fridays

Directions: Probably need to make reservations - this place can get busy.

• egyptianhunk's Profile Photo

'MOGHUL ROOMS' at mena house...

by egyptianhunk Written Aug 25, 2002

'MOGHUL ROOMS' at mena house oberoi is the right resturantfor indian-food fans...But dress classy, For chiense food fans 'PEKING' is ok for their needs 'LE TABASCO' Is a good resturat for italian food.but certinaly'corttigano'is the best.. Also 'FRIDAYS'& 'LOS AMIGOS' are excellent locations for mexican food meniacs.
    we had a wonerful VT meeting in one of the med-budget resturants in giza,it's called GRAND COFFEE just 2 metters from FRIDAYS,
    from left brunzo_1,ar76,tvdm