Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Half-Day Guided Tour of Casablanca
"Get to know the cultural historical and economic center of Morocco on this Casablanca sightseeing tour. This 4-hour morning or afternoon will help you to see the most important sights of Casablanca a name given due to the white houses facing the ocean at the Anfa district by the Spanish and Portuguese sailors who stopped there before the city was built.Today it is a modern city with boulevards and modern infrastructure. Stroll along Habbous a fine example of successful adaptation of modern town planning in style of a traditional Medina. You will be seeing the United Nations Place Mohammed V Square the Central Market the Royal Palace surrounding
From EUR78.00

Private Half-Day Guided Tour of Casablanca
From EUR78.00

Casablanca Guided Sightseeing Tour
"Take this tour to see the most important sights of Casablanca or “White House” in Arabic Dar El Beida a name given due to the white houses facing the ocean at the Anfa district by the Spanish and Portuguese sailors who stopped there before the city was built. Today it is a modern city with boulevards and modern infrastructure. Stroll along Habbous distri a fine example of successful adaptation of modern town planning in style of a traditional Medina. You will be seeing the United Nations Place Mohammed V Square the Central Market the Royal Palace surrounding the Habbous Quarter
From EUR69.00

Ferries / Boats Tips (4)

Arriving by cruise ship

We arrived in Casablanca on a cruise ship. The port is huuuuge and divided into 3 terminals. Our guide explained us how the port worked and how it was divided, but I didn't take note of everything he said and all I can remember now, as I write, is that there is a terminal for cereals and another for minerals. Casablanca's port is not only the main one in Morocco but also Magreb and North Africa's largest port. Also, it is amongst the biggest artificial ports in the world.

Once the cruise ship docks, there are several options for visiting the town. Walking is not one of them as the main sights are distant from the port terminal. So, if you're going on a cruise you may arrange the visit with the cruise company or prepare to go by your own. We chose the visit organized by the cruise ship company. However, we noticed there were a lot of petit taxis and grand taxis. As with everything commercial in Morocco, you must really bargain with the taxi driver, prices will be much cheaper. Also, if you avoid bargaining as soon as the ship docks (along with everybody else) and wait some time, you may even get a lower price.

micas_pt's Profile Photo
micas_pt
Oct 18, 2010

I do not know if it is the...

I do not know if it is the best way to travel to Casablanca, but we arrived there by ship. I liked this way since I had a unique chance to observe the view of the city from water.
The city is rather big. If you want to see the main sights and have only a day - get in a bus (I mean buy an excursion with a guide) or take a taxi.

maxovna
Sep 12, 2002

Ferry in fog

Who said Africa was always sunny and hot? Old Cliffie's arrival in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta - which the Spanish refuse to give back to Morocco, so why do they complain if the British do the same about Gibraltar? - was shrouded in a thick fog, that swirled several miles inland. The ferry hooted, the passengers shivered, and the sun finally pierced the fog as old Cliffie reached the land border with Morocco.

CliffClaven's Profile Photo
CliffClaven
Aug 24, 2002

Though we did not come in...

Though we did not come in this way, I know that there are ferries and other boats that come from other countries. This one is from Spain, Malaga as I recall.

pjallittle's Profile Photo