Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Namib Desert Tour from Swakopmund
"This enlightening journey takes you through the ancient canyons of the Moon Valley one of the most fascinating areas of the Namib Desert. Let us take you back millions of years to when these badlands were formed. Learn the intrinsic value of the desert flora to the indigenous people who once roamed Southern Africa. Discover the medicin and delve into the secrets of the Welwitschia mirabilis.We learn of the Desert adapted of flora and fauna in order to survive under these harsh conditions by unfolding many hidden secrets.This informative tour also looks into what we call “the fu as we inform our guests about planned future industrial activities as well as existing ones in the area due to the growth of Uranium mining and other related industry.This spectacular area is also home to some wildlife and we might just spot Springbok Ostrich
From $41.00

3-Hour Quad Biking and Sand-Boarding Combo from Swakopmund
"Quad biking is all about experiencing the sheer thrill of riding a bike through the Namib Desert’s boundless shifting sand dunes and sandboarding is just fun. Depending on the time you would like to go a local guide will make sure to pick everyone then give everyone a safety briefing as well as your very own safety gear. The guide will then lead you towards the dune belt and he will tell you about the famous plants in the Namib Desert few stops on the way are made.After being on top of the Devils Dip for a while we ride the berms spirals and slope as you cruise towards the table top for one hour once you reach the top you will the do the sandboarding for another hour and enjoy the best feeling going down the dune especially you’re an adrenaline junky. Quad tour on top of the dune"""A great experience one can encounter while exhilarating the beautiful surroundings of Namibia’s dunes. This is the most popular tours were you will ride for your life on the dunes for an hour and explore the different plants and animals in the Namib Desert
From $68.00

Namib Desert 4x4 Tour from Swakopmund
"This adventurous tour starts from your hotel or guesthouse in the town of Swakopmund. After your pickup travel out into the surrounding Namib Desert to see how life in all its forms survives in this barren and unforgiving yet beautiful landscape.Hop into your 4x4 vehicle and allow your guide to whisk you off into the wilderness to discover all manner of plant and animal life. Your guide is experienced in tracking and locating the many different species of sand-dwelling creature as you travel out through the dunes a myriad of different animals and insects abound. As you travel look out for sidewinders (venomous snakes)
From ZAR885.00

The peoples of Namibia Tips (4)

The people I met

Fondest memory Meeting and interacting with local people is always an important addition to the overall impressions of the country. In case of Namibia I'll have wonderful memories. I didn't have a chance to make friends or spend time discussing some important issues, but those short moments of exchanging a few kind words and smiles were very frequent and I managed to record some of them on my camera.
I hardly ever take pictures of people without their permission. It should be a point of each traveller's etiquette - people are not part of the landscape. When you ask them they usually agree, at least in Namibia.
Photo one - that young girl holding a baby was standing with a group of friends next to a shop in Bethanie. We started talking to them and it turned out she was a young mother. She looks so beautiful with her baby daughter.

Photo two - We met this young woman with her son also in Bethanie. The boy looked so cute in his wollen cap that we asked them to pose for a picture.

Photo three - We bumped into this lady several times while walking around Swakopmund. So when we met again in the supermarket we burst into laughter and I asked her for a picture.

Just a few smiles and words, but I will remember those people for a long time.

magor65's Profile Photo
magor65
Aug 26, 2010

Children

Fondest memory Meeting children is one of the things I love. Perhaps my teacher's soul doesn't leave me even when I'm on holidays? Besides, children are so easy to approach. They have no inhibitions and are curious to get to know someone from a foreign country, even if verbal communication is very limited.
So here are the photo recollections of some of the kids met in Namibia:
Photo one - the boys from Bethanie. What made us curious was a very simple car toy the boys were playing with. When we expressed our interest, the boys proudly posed for a photo.

Photo two - school kids in Swakopmund. When talking to them I remembered the school children I met in Cambodia. The ones here, in their clean uniforms and with fashionable school bags, look much more lucky.

Photo three - the little boy met at the Herero stall proudly showed the big sun glasses presented to him by some tourists

Photo four - Himba kid. The kids we visited in their village seemed to enjoy playing pranks on us - like leaving traces of their ochre-coloured hands on our clothes.

magor65's Profile Photo
magor65
Aug 26, 2010

Try to blend in.

Favorite thing I love to learn and under the different cultures and try to act as they do in the country. Not only does it gives the Namibian a sense of pride for their culture but also it breaks down walls that they know you are trying to be like them.

I try to blend in, but not doing a good job though.... I wonder why?

IanColorado's Profile Photo
IanColorado
Aug 27, 2004

the HIMBAS

Favorite thing What I will never forget of our visit to Namibia is HIMBAS village trip. What a charm and extraordinary people!

daniels74's Profile Photo