Southern Province Travel Guide

This canvas now hangs in my dining room!
    by linnyloo

Mazabuka

Livingstone

• Money

Livingstone What to Pack

Zambia's currency is the Kwacha (which, incidentally, sounds exactly like the German word "Quatscher", meaning "gossiper"). However, US$ are also widely accepted, even if they are not officially the country's currency. We found that literally every place accepted them around Livingstone - but as we didn't go to any other areas, I can't comment on...

• Royal Livingstone

Livingstone Hotels

Excellent service with a beautifull surrounding environment high quality great views

• A trip to Chobe National Park

Livingstone Things to Do

From Livingstone or Victoria Falls it's so easy to visit the Chobe National Park in Botswana for a day or longer. I did a day trip from my hotel in Livingstone, here are some of the animals I saw. More in depth details will appear on my Chobe page.

Livingstone Game Park

• Safari vehicle

Livingstone Game Park Transportation

The guide book I read before coming to Victoria Falls, did not give Mosi Oa Tunya National Park a particularly good review, so we are very pleasantly surprised. It is a fairly small park, with a great concentration of game, although no large cats. We see every single species of game present in the park, and even Gilbert feels that we are...

• Mosi Oa Tunya National Park

Livingstone Game Park Things to Do

• The Falls

Livingstone Game Park Things to Do

The Zambian side of the falls is just as spectacular as the Zimbabwean side, and every bit as wet. My shoes are squelching! The path meanders over a small metal bridge, where the spray creates a torrential downpour and we get soaked to the skin. Deciding to put my hood up underneath my hat is a good idea - until I do it: it is full of water which...

Top Southern Province Hotels

Livingstone Hotels
195 Reviews - 625 Photos

Instant Answers: Southern Province

Comments

Southern Province

Plan a Southern Province vacation with reviews, tips and photos posted by real travelers and Southern Province locals

Popular Destinations in Southern Province