Siem Reap Transportation

by shavy

Most Recent Transportation in Siem Reap

Helicopter Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I saw a Helicopter fly passed Phnom Bakheng during sunset. The view must be spectacular around Angkor Wat, temples and the countryside, another wish I want to sit on a Helicopter.

Well, Helistar Cambodia do offers scenic helicopter tours of the temples beginning at USD90 per person for an 8 minutes ride.

Located at Siem Reap International Airport, Domestic Terminal.
    Office on NR6, Borey Angkor Arcade. Walk in customers are welcome.

Phone: 063-966072 / 012-449555

Website: http://www.helistarcambodia.com

Its not the real heli, I saw in SR.

Elephant Rides

by AngMimi Written Jun 18, 2012

I always wish to ride on an elephant, now I regret for not having that ride when I at Phnom Bakheng :-((

Anyway, you can find them waiting for customers near Bayon and at the South Gate of Angkor Thom and they offer elephant treks between the two sides. In the evening, the elephants will move and stationed at the base of Phnom Bakheng, to transport riders up the hill to see the sunset. Please take a ride if you have no energy to walk up to the hill.

USD15 for a 25 minutes ride.

Elephant ride at Bakheng

Express Bus to Phnom Penh

by AngMimi Updated Jun 12, 2012

Express bus is the very popular transport between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The Road is in good condition and we took Mekong Express to Phnom Penh. Its only a 5 hours trip and the price about US$11 per person (for foreigner like us).

For contact no : Please refer to ticket in Picture 3

Mekong Express to Phnom Penh Bus station in Siem Reap Bus ticket Pretty Bus Assistant Light refeshment - drinking water and pastry

Tuk-tuk

by AngMimi Written Jun 12, 2012

Tuk-tuks, can be found everywhere in Siem Reap. A trip within Siem Reap will cost US$2 for 4 people or 6 people, if the driver in the good mood. Ensure both you and driver agree on the destination and total fare before departure.

One two tree ---smile!!

Van

by AngMimi Written Jun 12, 2012

The hotel can arrange van for you for single or multiple days. They are charged more than Tuk-tuk per day, but of course, its much comfortable sitting in a van with air condition. :-))) Our driver can speak good english and is very friendly and helpful.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

TRAVEL TO POIPET

by davidjo Written May 21, 2012

Now that the road is finally surfaced bus travel to Poipet is easy by bus, taking less than 3 hours. At Poipet you will probably have to take a smaller bus to the border then walk across. Then you can get a tuk-tuk to either the bus station or train station.

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

BICYCLE RENTAL

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 28, 2012

Bicycling is quickly becoming a popular way to visit the temples. The roads between the main temples are paved and the distances are about right for a bicycle touring. Bring sun screen, a good hat, water and a Cambodian scarf to keep the sun off your neck. Many of the guesthouses, hotels have bicycles for rent. $1.5-$4/day depending on the type and quality of the bike.

• Photography

• ancient_traveler's Profile Photo

MOTO-ROMAUKS (TUKTUKS)

by ancient_traveler Written Mar 28, 2012

Tuk-tuks are covered offering some protection from sun and rain. In Siem Reap most drivers speak some English.

To the temples, transportation is usually rented by the day. Rates run about $10-$15/day for motorcycle trailers.

• Photography
    • Architecture

• Tuk Tuk Service By Srapon Is The Best

by rbcyes Written Feb 1, 2012

We pre-arranged our 3 full days travel around Siem Reap with Srapon.
    His website is http://mytuktuk.com.
    During our entire visit, he was always early to pick us up and very courteous and spoke English well.
    We had arrived with some preconceived notion of what we wanted to see first and he guided us to the right places at the right times to avoid the onslaught of tour groups.
    Additionally, he gave us a never-ending supple of cold bottled water throughout every moment of every day.
    He is clearly very experienced and has very good people skills.
    His price was more than fair and he gave us the best service we could have hoped for.
    If you plan to use a tuk-tuk in and around Siem Reap, you must use this man's service.

Phone: (855) 89461575

Website: http://mytuktuk.com

• National/State Park
    • Adventure Travel
    • Archeology

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Hire a van and driver

by mikelisaanna Written Dec 14, 2011

The Angkor temples are very spread out, and not easily reachable on foot. Therefore, it helps to have a motor vehicle to get around. You will also need a driver, a not all road signs are in Roman letters. Your options are a tuk-tuk (rickshaw pulled by a motorcycle) or a car. For a few dollars more, we recommend hiring a car with a driver, which will cover ground more quickly than a tuk-tuk and have air conditioning. We hired a man named Pop, who was excellent. He happened to be our cab driver from the airport to our hotel. His van was air-conditioned, and he drove us wherever we wanted for $25/day, which included drinks and gasoline. He drove us for five days, and was very user friendly. For a few dollars extra, he also took us to Beng Malea, a temple about 2 hours away, which was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Archeology
    • Architecture

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

"Roza", the taxi/tuktuk driver

by WaRPer Written Dec 14, 2011

We had Mr.Roza as our driver the entire 3-day stay in Siem Reap. He's an energetic, diligent and courteous young man. He posses both taxi ($50/day) and tuktuk ($15/day), and services both long-haul (e.g. Poi Pet - Siem Reap) and short-haul within the city. Guarantee NO hassle or touting from this guy!

Phone: (+855) 92-425-959

Mr Roza the driver

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Bus to Kratie

by cochinjew Written Oct 4, 2011

Mekong Express to Kampong Cham and then another bus to Kratie. It may take the entire day to do it. Mekong Express is airconditioned and comfortable.
    I enjoyed very much my visit to Kratie with its hotels facing the Mekong and of course the most visited Tourist Attraction!

• Nice Tuk Tuk Driver in Siem Reap

by drmohdisa Written Aug 21, 2011

When I was in Siem Reap, I found a good and reliable Tuk tuk driver. He waited for me at the airport and all count only 15 usd/day anywhere in Siem Reap. Some of the tuk tuk driver will charge different fees from the airport. He took me and my wife any places that I wanted to go around Siem Reap. His Tuk tuk is also clean and he always on time for every oppointment that we made. He can speak Malay, Thais fluently and a little bit Mandarin besides Khmer. His name is Se Kong. Can be contacted by phone: +855 12256503 or e-mail sekongangkor1@hotmail.com.

Phone: +855 12256503 0r 11427067

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

MEKONG EXPRESS Siem reap to Pnom penh

by sfphototraveller Written Apr 29, 2011

The front desk of my hotel bought the ticket for my I paid $ 11.
    tuk tuk picked me up and took me to the bus station checked in they gave me a ticket stub for my luggage and told me what number bus to board. Its a long 5 or 6 hours ride with a 30 min break for food.
    the bus has ac and overhead storage for carry on luggage and a bathroom in the back and window shades.
    They gave us a free bottle of water and a box of bread and jam.

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

Taxi to town

by aberacadabra Written Apr 18, 2011

On exiting the airport, past the cell phone (Sim card) shops is where you pay a flat rate of USD 7 to get to your lodgings. In the cab, you'll be asked by your driver if you need a car to get around the temples. The initial quote will be USD 30/day (excluding petrol for farther sites like Banteay Srei or Kulen) as stated on your receipt.

The trick is not to express interest, stay silent for awhile and your driver will drop the price to USD 25/day. From here, you can start bargaining if you're going to go to the temples for 3 or more days. USD 20-25 should be the average price for a driver. As mentioned, farther off places like Banteay Srei or Kbal Spean will attract a few more dollars.

You can also ask your driver to get you an english speaking/other language guide. It costs an additional USD25 per day.

Instant Answers: Siem Reap

Comments

Siem Reap Transportation

Reviews and photos of Siem Reap transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siem Reap sightseeing.