Map &

Rate it

Top Tours

Private Custom City Sightseeing and Shopping Tour of Beijing
From $48.00
Private Tour: Panda House Visit And Cruise To The Summer Palace With Imperial Dinner
From $118.00
Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive
From $118.00

Wangfujing Street Tips (24)

Wangfujing Street: Night life

The place is nice and a walk with a good friend to the nearby tian'an men square is nice. The people and store keepers where nice yet the below mentioned threats still exist. We encountered them twice last night probably. They tried to be kind of friends out of now where and suggesting good places but showing them interest in looking around and asking to join first worked it out for us and showed us that they where not really interested in being friends. Thanks to this post I went there informed. Also want to mention that almost all stores close at 23:30 or slightly before

Dress Code Casual

Jul 14, 2015

Wangfujing Street: Lively and Interesting time

Wangfujing is also referred to as the "walking street." At night it is very lively with many tourist and locals. The road is blocked off to traffic and the streets are lined with high end designer stores.

It is fun to watch the goings on of the night. Locals dancing some traditional dances as a group for exercise, food vendors and music. Select tourist may be targeted for "conversations" which I will discuss in a warning tip. Fun to mess with them a little if you know what the story is. Just do not go anywhere with someone you don't know. Fairly obvious advice. Definitely a fun time to people watch and enjoy the shops.

Dress Code Casual

blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
Oct 13, 2013

Wangfujing Street: Theives / Ripoff/ Mafia

Be careful.... Two hot girls and a guy approached me saying they want to learn English and be friends.... they seemed very nice and very educated.... they take me to a bar in the area and they took all my cash (200usd) and attempted to charge ~3500usd to my credit cards... The name of the bar was KTV.... It was a karaoke bar...

I know for sure that they had teamed up with the bar's owner to bring rich foreigners and rip them off....

They had poored cheap wine into Bordeaux bottles and they kept trying to force feed it to me.... They may have even drugged me too because i wasn't feeling well...

Be very carefull when meeting new people... They may be part of a mob or just a bunch of scam artists....

Apr 25, 2011

Wangfujing Street: becarefull about girls at nights

be carefull about girls in wangfujing street

we went to beijing 2 month ago and took a hotel near wangfujing street
at nights shops closed at 9 pm, 3 girls talked to us in english and they said they want to learn more english language and wants to beside us to go to cafee or drink something, we accepetd and they took us to a bar near wangfujing (ktv bar) after one hour we drinked little and they want to pay money ourselfs, they closed the firstfloor door and wants we pay 2000 yuan for 5 bear in one hour??!!!!
also after we struggled too much we paid 500 yuan and they open the door , very bad night
every nights after the shops closed 2 or 3 girls together close to foreigns travelers and want to speak and learn more english language and go to a bar!!!
be carefull and don't go with them especially at nights in wangfujing street

arashtmr's Profile Photo
Mar 11, 2011
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Beijing

No.103 West Street, Di'anmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Dianmen West Main Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Nianzi Hutong, Jingshanhoujie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
38 West St, Di an men, Beijing, Beijing, 100035, China
No.13 Building No.31 Yard, Xishenku Avenue, Xicheng District, 100034
No.68 Sanyanjing Alley, Jingshan East Street, 100009

Wangfujing Street: Shopping

The markets were a lot of fun here and we found this extremely talented young man who made doll replicas of yourself for only 180rmbs. Nikki had to have one - she'd seen these artist at Behai Park and they were selling them for 300rmbs so she had a doll made.

She had to pose for approximately an hour whilst this young man moulded, carved, sculpted this doll to resemble her - it was really amazing and the crowd we drew was incredible - at one stage we would've had over 100 people surrounding us!!! Frightening.

Green_Frog's Profile Photo
Jul 26, 2010

Wangfujing Street: Eating out

We passed on the above delicacies!!!

And decided on the Peking Duck which was delicious - served with pancakes, a peanut-e sauce, shallots and cucumber - they slice the duck up on a plate and you assemble it yourself in the pancakes. My daughter, Nikki, had to place a napkin over the duck's head before proceeding to eat her meal she couldn't handle eating it whilst it was staring at her LOL!!

We also ordered some fried rice. It was a great meal - 124rmbs for food and beers.

We'd finished our meal when a waiter brought this huge dish of soup to our table - we told him we'd finished and hadn't ordered soup - coz to us Westerners soup would've been served as an entree - right? He took the huge dish and went to the waitresses who pointed back to us - again we told him we didn't order this dish - all 4 girls came over and the one who spoke English the best (amongst a lot of giggles) explained that once the duck is killed/gutted etc and cooked and served - the remains are made into soup - OH GREAT!!!!!

I think the other diners (all Chinese) were horrified that we would return this delicious broth!!

Green_Frog's Profile Photo
Jul 26, 2010

Wangfujing Street: Tents with strange food

At night we went to a street, that in day has a number of flagship stores, but at night it sells everything to eat in coloured tents. Was crowded as if today was Sunday. We eat normal food, such as shrimp, meat and vegetables, but there is a much wider range. Here you can eat a kebab scorpions, snake, beetle or seahorses... We have to go there once to see it.

sanluipal's Profile Photo
Jul 24, 2010

Wangfujing Street: Wangfujing

This is more for the people watcher and avid souvenir shopper. Wangfujing is a place that I remember hearing about before I set foot in Beijing and I wanted to try and stop here. I was glad that I accomplished, and right before I left China. Wangfujing is a district that I would consider the Times Square of Beijing. You'll find Western restaurants like McDonalds and fashion stores. But the site that's not to be missed in this area is the market that's tucked away in a little alleyway. Look for a paifang It's a busy area around evening and you'll have to push and prod your away along. The Chinese seem to shove through crowds quite a lot so adopt their tactics. Be careful though, if you look like a Westerner, guaranteed you'll be hassled by vendors selling everything from dragon statues to a Mao watch. It's also here you can find odd things like scorpions on a stick and battery-operated T-Shirts that light up.

Dress Code If it's early spring, dress warm! It's freezing in Beijing this time of year!

HispanicYob's Profile Photo
Apr 08, 2010

"The Northern Capital"
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

SLLiew's Profile Photo

"Beijing - Imperial Peking"
nepalgoods's Profile Photo

"My wonderful Beijing"
filipdebont's Profile Photo

"Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"

Wangfujing Street: Sin Dong Yeng Night Market

“Sin Dong Yeng” night market, this section sells the same stuff as the food area in Wangfujing except these are all street vendors, smoke aroma filled the street with BBQ lamb, chicken, pork, squire, crickets etc…

tuff's Profile Photo
Jan 23, 2008

Wangfujing: One of the city's best bustling spots

As to me the 700-year-old Wangfujing street is not the most interesting street in Beijing but it is probably the most famous and busiest.

Because of its easy access to the major roads, high land prices and high density of retail and service business and the high degree of population flow, Wangfujing is now considered the city’s central business disctrict .

I don’t like it too much now, its modernazition leading up to high-rocket prices and hundred-years old small typical spots giving place to world renowed brand names.

Everything you buy is relatively more expensive than in the rest of the city. Even the food in this area is also more expensive. No wonder why Wangfujing street is reputed by locals as a "golden street".

What attracts me in Wangfujing is definitely not its night food street, the snacks here just make me cry (for the tourists, however, the snacks must be kind of delicacies), what attracts me, I was saying, it is the Xinhua Bookstore and the Beijing Foreign Languages Bookstore, nice places to spend all day, reading, reading and reading.

As to eating in Wangfujing I only like the “Gou bu li” restaurant that sells some of the best steamed buns in town (check it NOW).

Another thing I like about Wangfujing is that you can freely walk around because much of the road is off-limits to cars and other motor vehicles

Wangfujing is located in the Dongcheng District of Beijing. The street has an extention of 1,150 meters, from Wangfujing Nankou to Dengshi Xikou.

Wangfujing is served by Line 1 of the Beijing subway (at the southern end of the street). Line 1 is an important subway line for you because is the only one that runs through the centre of Beijing (it runs from Pingguoyuan (west) to Sihui East (East), through beneath the extended Chang’an Avenue and the commercial areas of Xidan, Wangfujing and Dongdan. It also has two stations in both sides of Tiananmen).

ntm2322's Profile Photo
Nov 24, 2007

Wangfujing Street(also named "the gold street"): go shopping and eating!

It's name comes from an old well on the street, you can also see it by yourself.
There are many old famous chinese shops and restaurants, such as: Tongshenghe (traditional comfortable shoes), Ruifuxiang(traditional comfortable shoes), Donglaishun (hot pot with sheep or beef), Quanjude (beijing roast duck), Cuihualou (restaurant,very delicious), and many shopping centers. In each shopping center, you can find many traditional foods and snacks from the whole china! And they are very cheap!
Nearby is a big night market, where u can see many street vendors with their traditional snacks. BUT they are not so clean, I think, so just take some pics, DON'T TRY THEM!!!
You can also buy very traditional gifts or cloths such as Qipao (for women, about 30€) and Magua (for men, no idea how much).
Actually you can buy everything there! It takes u at least 5 hours.

A restaurant nearby named "Hongkong Meishi City" is one of my favorite. There are delicious fresh seafoods and desserts and soups. Many fishes and crabs are swimming in the huge Aquarium, u can watch them and choose the loveliest eat :P
Address: Dongcheng District Donganmenda Street 18,beijing

violett's Profile Photo
Aug 28, 2007

Wangfujing Street: Night time eats

No visit is complete without visiting the night market and the exotic eats. Until you see it you can't believe it; scropions, millepedes, starfish, grasshoppers and beatles are for sale for the daring!

Chip_Master's Profile Photo
Jul 06, 2007

Things To Do Near Beijing

Beihai Park

a tibetan Buddhist stupa in the Tibetan buddhist temple in Qiuongha Island in Behai Park called the Dagoba by Tibetans and Bai Tai by Han Chinese, built by Qing Emperor Shunzhi in 1751, made the Behai...

Church of the Saviour - North Church - XiShiKu Church

Not too sure about the spelling there, but it should come out to something like that. This church, a little bit west of Beihai Park, is one of the most beautiful in Beijing. During certain times, you...

Jingshan Park

Jingshan Park is directly north of Forbidden Palace. Most people visit the park in early mornings and day time. However, i recommend taking some time to visit the park in the evening as well. A lot...

Forbidden City - The Palace Museum

A very serious advice: Pay attention to every detail of the explanation done by your guide (person or book), during the visit: that way you will find out that "peace and harmony" is the dominant...

Back Lakes - Hou Hai

Shichahai is comprised of three lakes, Qianhai, Houhai and Xihai. Situated just above Beihai Park, there are many restaurants and bars along a quiet roads that run around the lake. Along the lake you...
Things to Do

This is the street and area to stay if you are on a budget in Beijing. I liked the street, it is located in an old area of Beijing. You have everything there, hostels at affordable prices in...

Getting to Beijing

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!