Map &

Rate it

Top Tours

Private Custom City Sightseeing and Shopping Tour of Beijing
From $48.00
Private Tour: Panda House Visit And Cruise To The Summer Palace With Imperial Dinner
From $118.00
Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive
From $118.00

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck) Tips (62)

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Excellent meal

We found a large Peking Duck restaurant near the Peace Gate. Many famous people have dined here. It has a cheaper fast foody version next door. We ate a delicious meal there. We enjoyed that we could watch the chefs preparing the food, too.

To eat the duck: Pick up a pancake, add raw spring onions dipped in a few splashes of bean sauce to the centre. With your chopsticks add a few pieces of duck to the pancake. Roll it up and enjoy.

Peking duck is delicious and unless you are vegetarian I heartily recommend you try it.

IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
Jul 02, 2016

Quanjude Beijing Schihahai Roast Duck Restaurant: Delicious Roasted Duck Restaurant

A friend of ours flew from Shanghai and gave us a treat at this restaurant.
This is one of the finest restaurant we've seen in Beijing that caters both
for locals and tourists. The restaurant specializes in Roast Duck meal, but
they also got a lot of other Chinese food in their menu. This is also a semi-
yum-cha once in a while someone walks with a trolley with different types of
dumplings and dim-sum. But above all the duck is nicely cooked and tasty.

At this restaurant the guests are also entertained by shows like sword skills
a cultural type traditional chinese music and dances plus other performance shows.
We both highly recommend this restaurant.*

Favorite Dish Roasted sliced duck with special sauce

HulaJoy's Profile Photo
Aug 23, 2015

Quan Ju De: The most famous place to eat roast duck

It was my last day in Beijing and I had several hundreds of Yuans to spend, so I chose this restaurant to eat a duck. I had to wait for about one hour to be sitted. There were many customers in the hall, waiting, most were foreigners speaking english, even groups of about 20.

Favorite Dish roast duck

jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo
Jun 22, 2015

Quan JuDe: Best Peking Duck

The entrance is a different than most places. The entrance is on the road that goes around Qian Hai. There is a big yellow duck and thankfully there is a few hostesses that hang out there as they will direct you to an elevator to take down to the restaurant. Very open atmosphere. Service is above average and the Peking Duck is one of the best in Beijing.

Favorite Dish Peking Duck

blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
Oct 13, 2013
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Beijing

No.103 West Street, Di'anmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Dianmen West Main Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Nianzi Hutong, Jingshanhoujie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
38 West St, Di an men, Beijing, Beijing, 100035, China
No.13 Building No.31 Yard, Xishenku Avenue, Xicheng District, 100034
No.68 Sanyanjing Alley, Jingshan East Street, 100009

Quanjude Qianmen Zhan (Original Outlet): Overrated Original Outlet

We passed by a few Quanjude outlets during our stay in Beijing but we insisted to dine in the original outlet at Qianmen - and what a disappointment indeed! First we were told the restaurant was closed and we were asked to dine at the fast-food dining area. Ducks and pancakes were served on disposable plastic plates and that totally killed the mood. Not much choice were available either. We did not border to order drinks at all. I felt ripped off by the outlet's reputation as the original location of the restaurant.... Disappointing indeed.

*The same review by the same author under the user ID gardenchime is also available at*

Favorite Dish Roast duck was not that bad, but the way the restaurant represent itself, e.g. serving on disposable plates and plastic cups, for me that is a real let down.

Jeanling's Profile Photo
Jun 03, 2013

Quan Ju de: Peking duck at its best!

I recently visited the Quanjude restaurant at Wangfujing in Beijing. This was the best Peking duck that I have had - the ambience was nice and the prices reasonable. A must do experience in Beijing!

Favorite Dish Peking duck .... obviously and thats the speciality!

Sep 21, 2011

Quanjude Hepingmen Roast Duck Restaurant: The Beijing Duck!

This must be the best and oldest "Peking" Duck Restaurant in Beijing 1864, it was here that "Peking "Duck was first cooked and served, it is a very large Restaurant however you must make a reservation as it is the most popular" Peking "Duck Restaurant in Beijing.
Of course it is now called "Beijing "Duck but i don't think the Ducks worry about the name change!!!!!

Favorite Dish Beijing Duck, really lovely, the service was wonderful ,even showing us how to prepare it and how to use the other dishes to enhance the taste of the Duck, see my photo.
A wonderful Restaurant,I just wish I had ordered more Roast Duck [they are very small]

pearsedoran's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Beijing Wangfujing Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant: Don't miss Peking roast duck

If your are not a vegetarian, I think Beijing roast duck you don't miss when you travel to Beijing, and Quanjude restaurant enjoys a high reputation among domestic and overseas customers for its Beijing roast duck.

Favorite Dish Beijing roast duck is renowned to be one of the most delicious Chinese dishes all over the world.

Dec 03, 2010

"The Northern Capital"
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

SLLiew's Profile Photo

"Beijing - Imperial Peking"
nepalgoods's Profile Photo

"My wonderful Beijing"
filipdebont's Profile Photo

"Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
View Member

Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant: Peking Duck!

I stayed near to the Qianmen branch of this famous Peking Duck chain but the road that it's located on (Qianmen Dajie) was closed due to renovations before the Olympics and so I made my way to this branch, just off the pedestrianised Wangfujing Dajie, to the east of the Forbidden City.

It is thought that Beijing roast duck, like the tradition of roast turkey in America and the UK, owes its origin to the roast goose that is still popular in Europe on festive occasions. Westerners like Marco Polo brought certain European customs to China and may have introduced the concept of roasting poultry to their Chinese hosts during the Yuan Dynasty (1271 - 1368). Ducks had long been domesticated in China and the plump ducks proved to be an excellent substitute for goose. However, there is another school of thought based upon certain records that show roast duck has a much longer history dating back as far as the Northern and Southern Dynasties (420 - 589). Up until the Southern Song Dynasty (1127 - 1279), ducks were roasted in the area around Jinling, today's Nanjing. However, the later Yuan Dynasty rulers moved their capital city to Beijing from Jinling and took with them their cuisine thus making roast duck popular in the city that was eventually to make it its very own specialty.

Whichever way, you can't come to Beijing and not have one and I decided to come to one of the best duck restaurants in the city. It isn't cheap with half a duck costing RMB120 but its well worth it in the end and is more of an occasion than just food.

Willettsworld's Profile Photo
Aug 08, 2009

A selection of Duck around Beijing!: Duck all the way!

Duck places in Beijing are plentiful!

Below are my recommendations:

Hua Jia Yi Yuan
Great duck and lots of other yummy dishes from all over China. Set in a traditional courtyard...very pretty and the price of duck although higher than before the Olympics is lower than other duck restaurants around town. It is on the 24hour restaurant street.

Hua Jia Yiyuan Restaurant

Da Dong
Have had duck here maybe only once. Different branches around town. Huge restaurant area. I have heard its popular with the expats.

Da Dong Restaurant

One of the oldest Duck chain restaurants in Beijing. Established in 1864, the oldest branch can be found in Qianmen Main Shopping Street. Prices are higher here but it really does have an old feel to it that will transport you back to ancient times!!!

Quanjude Restaurant

Eat lots and have fun!

Favorite Dish The Beijing Duck of course! Also I love eating spicy dishes so I would go for Sichuan cuisine too such as:
Gong Bao Jiding (Spicy chicken and peanuts),
YuXiang Qiezi (delicious aubergine dish),
Xilanhua (brocolli like you've never tasted before with garlic!),
Dan Dan Mian (spicy noodles),
Si Ji Dou (green beans with a delicious sauce and spices on it)

These are just some of my favourites! Most restaurants these days have picture menus and English translations so you can just point!

sugarpuff's Profile Photo
May 20, 2009

Quan Ju De Restaurant: Peking Roast Duck

February 14, 2009. Valentine's Day. I took my wife Diana here for dinner to have some world famous Peking Roast Duck at the one and only Quanjude. Couldn't get in the same day at the original restaurant at No. 32 Qianmen Avenue so we went to the one at Houhai Lake.

We've had roast duck before, back home in Los Angeles, so the 45 minute wait for a table had me anxiously waiting and all the hype was intensifying. Service was amateur at best. They sat us at a dirty table and didn't clean it off until a few minutes after we were seated. When the table linen and plates were set we were given a knife and fork while every other patron in the place is eating with chopsticks and no fork in sight! We actually took that as an insult, we're no experts with chopsticks but we can easily manage eating our food with them. We ordered the Roast Duck with all the fixings and shrimp wrapped with bacon and asparagus as a separate dish. Side dish was decent but bacon was very undercooked as is typical throughout SE Asia.

The Roast Duck finally arrived and carved beautifully tableside. The carvers work swiftly and accurately, having it down perfect. The waiter came by and fixed us up a pancake each with duck and fixings and we dug in. I was a bit disappointed with all the hype the Quanjude chain gets regarding its roast duck. Don't get me wrong the duck was great, but honestly, I've had roast duck thats up to par, if not better, here in Los Angeles. For me the best part was the fatty skin carved from the belly that you dip in sugar.

Someday we'll return to Beijing and have roast duck again. Only this time I will have Da Dong and/or Li Qun before I even consider Quanjude.

GlobeTrekr's Profile Photo
Mar 02, 2009

QUanjude: Famous Peking Duck

There are many branches of Quajjude restaurants in Beijing.

While other portions of the duck are consumed in the form of soup and cut up meat, the main dish is the crispy duck skin together wrapped in a thin pancake with other condiments like spring onion and hoisin sauce.

There are 3 combination of preparing how to put above wrapping together to get different flavor and eating sensation. Ask a well trained waitress to explain these three procedures and you can try them yourselves.

Cost is about 120 yuan or more per duck in most restaurants and you may want to order two ducks if your group wants to eat more. Usually Peking Duck is considered just a dish while you other other dishes for your lunch or dinner.

SLLiew's Profile Photo
Sep 21, 2008

Things To Do Near Beijing

Beihai Park

a tibetan Buddhist stupa in the Tibetan buddhist temple in Qiuongha Island in Behai Park called the Dagoba by Tibetans and Bai Tai by Han Chinese, built by Qing Emperor Shunzhi in 1751, made the Behai...

Church of the Saviour - North Church - XiShiKu Church

Not too sure about the spelling there, but it should come out to something like that. This church, a little bit west of Beihai Park, is one of the most beautiful in Beijing. During certain times, you...

Jingshan Park

Jingshan Park is directly north of Forbidden Palace. Most people visit the park in early mornings and day time. However, i recommend taking some time to visit the park in the evening as well. A lot...

Forbidden City - The Palace Museum

A very serious advice: Pay attention to every detail of the explanation done by your guide (person or book), during the visit: that way you will find out that "peace and harmony" is the dominant...

Back Lakes - Hou Hai

Shichahai is comprised of three lakes, Qianhai, Houhai and Xihai. Situated just above Beihai Park, there are many restaurants and bars along a quiet roads that run around the lake. Along the lake you...
Things to Do

This is the street and area to stay if you are on a budget in Beijing. I liked the street, it is located in an old area of Beijing. You have everything there, hostels at affordable prices in...

Getting to Beijing

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!