Map &

Rate it

Top Tours

Private Custom City Sightseeing and Shopping Tour of Beijing
From $48.00
Private Tour: Panda House Visit And Cruise To The Summer Palace With Imperial Dinner
From $118.00
Beijing Private Culture Experience With Lunch Inclusive
From $118.00

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck) Tips (62)

"Duck Restaurant"?: Beijing Duck

I cannot remember name of the restaurant, but I sure remember the food. Location was one side street of the shopping street Wangfujing opposite the food markets. You can easily see the lions in front of the building and the restaurant with white table cloths is in the 4th floor. My first try of Beijing Duck and I really enjoyed it! Staff was helpful guiding us the correct way of eating this speciality. Remember that duck sking is the "best" part.

Favorite Dish Beijing Duck - one duck for two people á 100 yuan = 10 euros.

Susanna1975's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2007

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Lovely food!

The restaurant that we went to was in Wangfujing. Make sure you get there before 8.30pm though as I believe that this was the last time that they would allow customers in by.
We had duck (of course!) which was carved at our table, and battered fish in sweet and sour sauce. I would definitely recommend a visit here. It is supposed to serve the best duck in Beijing. I would say it is more expensive here than eating in a 'normal' restaurant in Beijing, but the prices were by no means more than I would be used to paying in the UK.

clairegeordio's Profile Photo
Jan 10, 2007

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): 'Quanjude Kaoya Dian' restaurant

The place was alright, I did not like the service though: slow, our waiter seemed to be elsewhere.

We bought Pekin duck for two, couple beers and a juice. There were not much meat really. I can imagine two big men would probably have to order one duck each.

BILL: payed total of 224 RMB ($28), 10% service charge was included. A bit overpriced but then again what one can expect from a touristy place like that. :-)

Favorite Dish I have never tried Pekin duck before and enjoyed it very much. My hubby however said he tasted it better (in Hawaii). Oh well.

sunshine9689's Profile Photo
Jan 02, 2007

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): The Best!!!

I have eaten here many times. It is always the first place I go when I arrive back in Beijing. Of course it is greasy!!! It is DUCK!!!

Quite simply the best Beijing Duck I have ever eaten!! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It is full of history and culture. Enjoy the experience!! Relax!!!

If you are not into oily Chinese food, there is a MacDonald's just down the street. Now there is some great, healthy food!!

Favorite Dish The Duck, of course!!!

zhang.delong's Profile Photo
Jan 01, 2007
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Beijing

No.103 West Street, Di'anmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Dianmen West Main Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
No.57 Nianzi Hutong, Jingshanhoujie, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Beijing Region, 100009, China
38 West St, Di an men, Beijing, Beijing, 100035, China
No.13 Building No.31 Yard, Xishenku Avenue, Xicheng District, 100034
No.68 Sanyanjing Alley, Jingshan East Street, 100009

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): you've got to try the duck!

They seem to specialise in duck. You can have anything do with duck here . . . duck gizzards, duck liver, duck's feet.

This is a huge restuarant with more than one floor of dining.

Favorite Dish You can't go wrong with the Peking Duck. They even show you they correct way to eat it with the pancakes and sauce etc.

stiab3's Profile Photo
Oct 29, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Duck any way you want it

This is maybe one of the most famous chains of restaurants in Beijing to eat Beijing Roast Duck, but some may well classify this place a tourist trap. At any rate, when in Beijing, you have to try Beijing Duck and this place I liked. I enjoyed dining at an establishment that is a concept and that was established in 1864. (Not many of those around in my home country.) The food was delicious but of course a bit pricier than regular places. The staff was well-trained and spoke a little English. We had a fab times both times I've been.

There is another one at Qianmen Dajie, but this one is less crowded and being a party of 4 coming around 7 pm we had no problem getting a table.

Favorite Dish Well, you don't come here for the noodels, do you? Go ahead, order a duck, watch the cook slice it, fill up those little cakes with sauce and onions and enjoyyyyyy! Then taste the roast duck soup that will be made of the bones. No bones about it, the soup really tastes of duck! Serious risk of overeating... I did!

maria_hz's Profile Photo
Aug 14, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Most over hyped place in China

My 3rd day in Beijing, after having tried foods from Mcdonalds to small dirty restaurants to street foods this was the only place that gave me the runs. When I told them I only wanted to try their duck, the servers tried to get me to leave and go to the quick dining room in the front of the restaurant. when I said I didn't mind the 15% fee (hour long line for smaller dining room off the street) spent 20 minutes tryng to get me to order more. One whole duck is enough for 2. When the duck came out it looked like a very good duck, but as I rolled it into the pancakes, I had to wring the grease out of them before I ate it. If I ever have the urge for duck again I'll stick to Duck Changs in Annandale, VA.

Favorite Dish the tea

Jun 26, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Beware Pickpockets!

Outside the main Quanjude restaurant are a series of photos of 'famous' folks eating at the restaurant.

Beware of pickpockets whilst you stand there and look at the photos. They often work in pairs, or small teams of three. Even if you catch one of them, the 'security' staff of Quanjude standing less than 10m away are unlikely to get off their stools to help you.

Favorite Dish Beijing Kaoya

Jun 08, 2006

"The Northern Capital"
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

SLLiew's Profile Photo

"Beijing - Imperial Peking"
nepalgoods's Profile Photo

"My wonderful Beijing"
filipdebont's Profile Photo

"Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"

Beijing's famous traditional food

Beijing has a long established tradition of excellet restaurant which offer the best of China’s many kinds of regional cooking. They say that one time here were one hundred thousand restaurant in Beijing. All Chinese restaurant in Beijing have a variety kind of menus, but this is the special Beijing's food.

The famous roast duck is Quan Ju De restaurant
located at Haidian, wangfujing, West railway station, Qianmen (see downtown map)

Favorite Dish Beijing kaoya (Beijing Roast Duck or Peking Duck). Slices of mainly roast duck skin with plum sauce, spring onion strips and little pancakes.

jingjiangrousi. Pork shredded and cooked in a Beijing special sauce. Served with some kind of tofu sheets to make little parcels with.

gongbaojiding. Hot spicy diced chicken. Red peppers, boneless chicken with roasted peanuts in a hot gravy.

tieban niurou. Strips of beef brought to the table on a sizzling hot iron platter. Sometimes pepper flavored, sometimes has a tomato flavor.

bocaichaojidan. Spinach cooked with egg.

youmaicai. Another kind of green leafy vegetable, cooked plain.

ancient_traveler's Profile Photo
Jun 05, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Legendary Peking Duck

This is where heads of states go to have their world famous Peking Duck whenever they visit Beijing. Given the personal nod of approval by former Communist party legend, Chou En Lai and Chaiman Mao. The service is precise and impeccable. Hence, a 10 percent service charge is appled to your bill.

Favorite Dish Peking Duck , of course! Apparently, the reason why this restaurant is hailed as the best place to have Peking Duck in the whole of China, is because of the strict quality control on the ducks that they use. They have to meet weight requirements. In fact the ducks are force-fed with special grains to attain robustness. The duck is also roasted using special firewood made from a cherry or apple tree. The sauce is also delicious.

Ramonq's Profile Photo
May 06, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): I finally found out

I tried it in 1993...Now it is still there!! It was the first time I tried Pekking duck. I like the wrap(made of rice) with crispy skin(with fats), sauce and chives. All I remembered was the long queue and me salivating infront of the roasting ducks and of course, the crispy duck.

Favorite Dish The skin of the duck and the rice wrap. The duck's skin is very crispy and the fats give a moist feel.

Applelyn's Profile Photo
Mar 25, 2006

Quan Ju De (Peking Duck): Famous Peking duck chain

Quanjude is a chain of restaurants specialising in Peking duck, with branches in several Chinese cities. I went to the Qianmen branch, which was okay, though the experience was a bit like McPeking duck: plastic cultlery and swift no-nonsense service.

Favorite Dish Peking duck, of course.

cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo
Mar 23, 2006

Things To Do Near Beijing

Beihai Park

a tibetan Buddhist stupa in the Tibetan buddhist temple in Qiuongha Island in Behai Park called the Dagoba by Tibetans and Bai Tai by Han Chinese, built by Qing Emperor Shunzhi in 1751, made the Behai...

Church of the Saviour - North Church - XiShiKu Church

Not too sure about the spelling there, but it should come out to something like that. This church, a little bit west of Beihai Park, is one of the most beautiful in Beijing. During certain times, you...

Jingshan Park

Jingshan Park is directly north of Forbidden Palace. Most people visit the park in early mornings and day time. However, i recommend taking some time to visit the park in the evening as well. A lot...

Forbidden City - The Palace Museum

A very serious advice: Pay attention to every detail of the explanation done by your guide (person or book), during the visit: that way you will find out that "peace and harmony" is the dominant...

Back Lakes - Hou Hai

Shichahai is comprised of three lakes, Qianhai, Houhai and Xihai. Situated just above Beihai Park, there are many restaurants and bars along a quiet roads that run around the lake. Along the lake you...
Things to Do

This is the street and area to stay if you are on a budget in Beijing. I liked the street, it is located in an old area of Beijing. You have everything there, hostels at affordable prices in...

Getting to Beijing

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!