Guilin Restaurants

by mikelisaanna

Most Recent Restaurants in Guilin

• Shi Ji: Guilin delicious rice noodle

by neverstoptravel Written Dec 31, 2007

You Yi Xuan, located on Jiefang Xi Road & Zhongshan Zhong Road, is one of the most famous rice noodle restaurants in Guilin and has become a symbol of Guilin cuisine.

Favorite Dish: Beef rice noodle. Cheap and delicious, only RMB3/100g.

Address: Guilin Jiefang Xi Road & Zhongshan Zhong Road

Directions: Opposite to Wei Xiao Tang Shopping Mall.

• gourmetscafe's Profile Photo

Gourmets Coffee Cafe: Cofee & Pizza Arts & Jazz Music Iinternet Access

by gourmetscafe Updated Dec 17, 2007

Buy Coffee get free Breakfast,Pie,Pizza,Soup,Salad,Vegtarian food , Decaf Coffee
    Help you get tour information about Guilin and Yangshuo no charge need.
    Boss from New York living in Guilin
    Open 9am to Mid-Night
    Two store one in Guilin one in Yangshuo
    Arts Collection and Jazz Music, wireless Internet Access
    Boss Name: Milton

Favorite Dish: Tradition siphon style and Italian style Coffee and Hot Chocolate, Vegtarian food
    Mushroom Chowder, Beef Soup,Tuna Salad ,Beef Sandwich,Pizza,
    Pie ,Tiramisu,Pudding ,Cheese Cake,Chocolate Coffee Cake

Address: No 18 ,1-6 Binjiang Rd.

Directions: Between Universal Guilin Hotel and Sheraton Hotel same side with Sheraton next block

Phone: 0773-2106880

In side the store Dessert Store Front View from Second Floor Second Floor
    • Business Travel

• SPW's Profile Photo

Yi Yuan Fandian: Hot and spicy

by SPW Written Aug 30, 2007

This was a Sichuan restaurant in a strip of restaurants along a road with many eating houses. We were worried when our taxi pulled up outside one place that had cages outside, but soon found the right address.
    The atmosphere was friendly, there were English menus, the Sichuan chicken suitably hot, sweet and sour fish delicious, crab with spring onions and ginger excellent.

Address: Nanhuan Lu

Beautifully presented and delicious Yi Yuan Fandian sign sign The opposition

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Near the Li River: Avoid this restaurant

by albaaust Written Jan 19, 2007

Unfortunately, I cannot name this restaurant. Our guide took us to this place - it was right alongside the Li River and it had an outside section.

We ordered the usual local noodles and a vegetable dish but from the start we had trouble! Firstly, there was a smell that turned us off - could have been the local speciality of fermented bean paste or the snake oil - whatever, I had trouble eating it! Secondly, when I went to the toilet I went past rows of cages of snakes, chickens, rabbits, turtles,bats, fish etc all next to each other -predator and prey next to each other waiting to be ordered. Another turn off!!

Lastly, I vomited that night away!!

Stay away!!

Directions: Alongside the Li River

Facade of restaurant Looks good doesn't it!!

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Look at photo of name: A cheap restaurant

by albaaust Updated Jan 19, 2007

We went to this restaurant because it was in main street Guilin and it was packed with local Chinese so we figured it would be good. We ordered the local speciality of Guilin noodles with beef, some vegetables and Tsingtao beer.
    The servings were huge - we could not eat it all and it was quite good.

Total cost: 94 Yuan

Address: C. Zhongshan Road

Directions: Just around the corner from our hotel. Near the intersection of Nanhuan Road and C Zhongshan Road on the western side of C Zhongshan Road.

Front facade of restaurant The meal

• sunshine9689's Profile Photo

YiYuan FanDian: Sichuanese restaurant

by sunshine9689 Updated Dec 16, 2006

Lunch in this Sichuanise restaurant left only nice memories.
    Everything was delicious, service was fast and friendly.
    Ordered 2 entrees, 2 side dishes, 2 starters, 2 beers (7RMB each), some tea and payed the total of 73RMB ($9.1)!!!

Favorite Dish: I loved everything. Especially garlic cucumber.

Address: Nanhuan Lu

Directions: Walked there from Elephant Trunk hill.

Entrance. 2006 Inside. 2006 Our lunch. 2006

• Liu Bo Niang Noodle Shop: Gr8 Local GuiLin Noodles

by munapong Written Nov 19, 2006

The stall is located near Angel Hotel, hidden behind houses. The GuiLin Noodles - which you can find in many stores in GuiLin - is the best that we have tried so far. You have to try it to appreciate it. It is an old but established brand.

Favorite Dish: Gui Lin Noodles !!!

Address: Near Angel Hotel (Shang Hai Road)

Directions: Take a bus or cab from Railway Station to Shang Hai Road - Angel Hotel. Walk thru the lane between Angel Hotel (Left) and Oil Pump Station (Right). Ask the local to direct you to the stall
    "Áõ²®Äï¹ðÁÖÃ×·Û"

A little girl at the Stall

• yipsufen's Profile Photo

Zhengyang Souper: Best Soup in Town

by yipsufen Updated Jun 12, 2005

This is a double-storey restaurant at Zhengyang Paedestrian Street, which is famous for its all kinds of tasty soup. It serves tortoise, duck, melon and other soups which are either nourishing or revitalising. Some tables are set up outside so that you can dine alfresco while looking at the passer-bys. Spotted this restaurant frequented by many western tourists. Usually they like to order snails, soup and beer.

The facade of Zhengyang Souper.  Always so busy
    • Business Travel

• magor65's Profile Photo

Sir Edward restaurant: A bit of Europe in China

by magor65 Written Feb 23, 2005

It is a very elegant place in European style with one difference - the service is better. I felt a bit embarrased when we got there wearing shorts and T-shirts, but nobody seemed to mind. Waitresses were not pushy, but all the time at our beck and call.
    Mostly European cuisine.

Directions: city centre

Sir Edward restaurant

• alsonamedbort1's Profile Photo

Pizzeria at the Universal Hotel: Don't go here!!!

by alsonamedbort1 Written Dec 1, 2004

We walked for hours, building up our hunger for the supposedly "unbeatable" pizza. Well, it was absolutely terrible! Soggy, with bad cheese and weird toppings (corn??!), it was not worth the 30 yuen we paid for it.

Address: 1 Jiefang Lu

Directions: near the bridge

• LakeShoreDrive's Profile Photo

Rosemarys Cafe: Best Western food in Guilin

by LakeShoreDrive Updated Nov 17, 2004

When in Guilin, you must pay Rosy a visit. It is definetly the best western Restaurant in town, if not in entire China. Her cuisine is majorly influenced by all the Westeners that livein Guilin, all giving her advise and even sponsoring ingridients and recipes... so this does really taste like home!

There you can have:
    - all kinds of pasta
    - pizzas
    -salads (with real dressing!)
    - mueslis
    -yoghurts
    -burritoes
    -steaks and schnitzels
    -beers, cocktails, shots
    -real icecream
    -real coffee, cappuccino, and espresso
    -etc

it is a small restaurant with a casual atmosphere(great selection of music), very clean and very cheap (where else can you get steaks with frenchf ries and a salat for under 2 bucks?)

it is definetly way better than all that stuff in yangshou.

the staff speaks excellent english. they also have an english book exchange where you can read english magazines, books, etc during your stay.

open all day long, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.

a little hint:
    the restaurant is right opposit of the yellow-signed Milky Way records store. There you can get the best quality DVDs and CDs for cheap prices!

Favorite Dish: I always opt for the chef salad. Fresh greens and veggies with real cheese and ham, tossed with a german-style vinegar sauce.
    best chef salad in China. Order some fresh baguette with it and your in heaven! ;)

it is 16 Yuan (about $1,80)

Directions: from the pedestrian zone:
    - take a right at the clock tower (passKFC)
    - 2 blocks on your right
    from Sheraton Hotel:
    -facing the li-river, take a left
    -turn into the first real street on your left
    -2blocks up the street on your left

Rosemarys Cafe from outside

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Zhengyang Souper Restaurant: Hot soup!

by Sharrie Updated Jun 29, 2004

The restaurant serves a large selection of herbal soups. Extremely well done & great during the winter months.

For some reasons, Americans whom I've come across are not very used to the distinctive Chinese herbs used in most of the Chinese soups & dishes.

Same as the fact that most Australians & some Americans hate Tofu.

So, when it comes to very authentic chinese food, just remember, they are not Chinatown food! You've to have an open mind about them!

Favorite Dish: Chinese Herbal Soups, naturally.

Stir-fried Tian Lo (snails) with chilli. Quite spicy though I was told it's not v. hygienic. It's a favorite in this part of China.

Address: Zheng Yang Lu. Bu Xing Jie. No. 60.

Phone: 285 8553, 286 2955

Chinese Escargot ;-)

• BikkleYunker's Profile Photo

(Can't Remember): Try the dog...it's on a separate menu...

by BikkleYunker Written Nov 12, 2003

I walked into the local tourist office to find out a restaurant where at least one employee spoke English, so the agents there informed me of a place right near my hotel. At first when I was walking to it I was distracted by a local Chinese person who was interested in talking to a foreigner, so I bypassed the place completely. After looking at the map I was given, I went to the front and this nice man said "you must be the one looking for English,"...yes, I was.... He gave me the menu, and I ordered some leeks, a bowl of rice, bottled water, and dog. That's right, dog. I asked if the restaurant served it, so the man gave me a different menu, that showed an English description of the way it is prepared. He said it would be more expensive, but I took that to mean less than $5 bucks, so I agreed. It came cooked with a bitter vegetable, I can't remember what, but in any event, the dog tasted "game-y." All in all, a meal well done, and just under 10 bucks.

Favorite Dish: DOG

Address: Off of Zhongshan (main) road

Directions: Just north of the Guilin Osmanthus Hotel, on the flip side of the Zhongshan road, and then on a perpendicular street

• BikkleYunker's Profile Photo

Guilinese Restaurant: Cheap and delicious

by BikkleYunker Written Nov 12, 2003

The name on the business card said "Guilinese," so that's my name for the place too. Anyways, my tour guide took me here for breakfast, and actually Chinese is one of my least favourite cuisines (of course, that's US-Chinese food...), so I was a little hesitant to try anything. She luckily helped me choose a superb noodle/peanut soup and good dumplings (gyoza?). You pay with a small ticket here, which I didn't realise until after I sat down, so the cashier wasn't too thrilled about that, even though the meal in total cost just over US$1. The bathroom, which was in the back to the right, was no great shakes, but it served its purpose. All in all, a great introduction to an unfortunately short visit to China.

Favorite Dish: Everything...when I see really cheap food, I try not to complain about it.

However, outside the restaurant, I went to buy bottled water at a vendor, and I was arguing the price of it. It was supposed to be a little less than 8 renminbi, but they tried to sell it to me for >80 renminbi...all of a sudden a small crowd watched this pathetic scenario...I just got fed up, gave them one of the bills and ran away. Ah, what little Chinese I do know could not have helped me there anyways...

Address: City Square, Zhongshan Rd.

Directions: If you are walking North on Zhongshan (the main) road, once you hit the city square, go into the square and to the left of the pyramid, the restaurant is somewhere on that street, further back (wow I wish I remembered...but these directions suck)

• herzog63's Profile Photo

many: Along Zhonshsan Lu ...wild animal restaurants

by herzog63 Written Oct 6, 2003

This tip isn't for the animal lover.....In 1987 there were many restaurants that came alive in the evening with cages of live animals stacked outside the restaurant that you could choose and then it would be prepared for you. I saw cats,dogs, many types of birds, small ratlike animals and some that looked like woodchucks. There are also many kinds of fish and turtles,eels etc...On the bright side you know that you food was fresh!!! I didn't eat at any of the restaurants as they were out of my budget!!! But I thought it was interesting to check them out. I wish I could have made some night photos but I wasn't traveling with a flash.

Favorite Dish: In this photo you can also see the bicycle lanes that I talked about in one of the other tips.

Directions: Zhongshan Lu

Wild Animal Restaurants
    • Trains

Instant Answers: Guilin

Comments

Guilin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Guilin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guilin sightseeing.