map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Big Bus Hong Kong Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 22 stops around Hong Kong to begin your hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour. On board enjoy informative audio commentary about the history of Hong Kong and gain insight into Cantonese culture and tradition.Based on the attractions you want to see choose from three different routes: Hong Kong Island (Red Route) Kowloon (Blue Route) and Stanley (Green Route). Your ticket is valid for all three routes. With your provided map in hand hop off the bus to explore by foot. Visit everything from traditional temples to historic colonial sites to contemporary shopping centers. Highlights include Lan Kwai Fong Soho
From HKD450.00

Hong Kong TramOramic Sightseeing Tour plus 2-Day Tramways Ticket
"Your 1-hour Hong Kong sightseeing tour begins at one of two starting points—Western Market Terminus or Causeway Bay Terminus depending on the departure time of your selected tour. Hop aboard your vintage double-decker open-top tram for a journey past Hong Kong Island sights like Macau Ferry Pier Man Wa Lane Tak Wing Pawnshop and Statue Square. See landmarks like the Supreme Court Bank of China building
From HKD95.00

Small-Group Walking Tour: Old vs New Hong Kong
"After meeting your guide at a central location in Hong Kong begin your tour by exploring some of the city’s oldest and most unique markets to get acquainted with the city’s humble trade and fishing community.First enter the Western Market the oldest surviving market building in Hong Kong. Inside this Edwardian-style building see fabric stores bakeries and dessert shops cafés and souvenir shops. Continue to the markets along Wing Lok Street and Bonham Strand West
From $57.00

Yung Kee Restaurant Tips (19)

Yung Kee Restaurant: Go for the Dim Sum

Service was a bit slow due to the large numbers of people eating here on a Sunday afternoon but the food was delicious. Dim Sum menu was in English as well as Chinese and you order instead of getting it from carts as they pass by. An easy way to try Dim Sum for the first timer.

Favorite Dish Dim Sum-try the steamed dumplings, the fried shrimp dumplings, roasted goose, egg tarts

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs
Apr 04, 2011

Yung Kee Restaurant: Wonderful roasted meat

We had a terrific dinner here. We order half roast goose, half chicken, some suckling pig, century eggs (as recommended by the waiter), vegetables and tofu. The dinner costs about HK$1000 for six adults and 2 children. A good experience for us.

Favorite Dish Roast goose and suckling pig

edelng's Profile Photo
edelng
Mar 27, 2009

Yung Kee Restaurant: Goose dish

Yung Kee Restaurant in Hong Kong is like Din-Tai-Fong in Taiwan. They are top restaurants.
Yung Kee is famous for goose dish. It's nice and you can try. Unfortunately, the price is a bit unacceptable. Well, the chance is rare.

yatingchen's Profile Photo
yatingchen
Jan 04, 2008

Yung Kee Restaurant: The Roast Goose is Legendary

Yung Kee Restaurant may not be much to look at from the outside, but its food is legendary in Hong Kong, and it has won numerous awards. The clientele are mostly local foodies.

Fortune Magazine named it as one of the top 15 restaurants in the world: the only Chinese restaurant to be included in the list. It has won Hong Kong Tatler's Best Restaurant in Hong Kong award nearly every year from 1988 onward, including 2004.

Favorite Dish The roast goose is superb. The bird's nest soup, barbecued pork and braised frog are good too.

iwys's Profile Photo
iwys
May 04, 2007

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Yung Kee Restaurant

No.2 Arbuthnot Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China
Hotels
No.38 Ice House Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China
33 Wyndham St, Central, Hong Kong, China
15 Queen's Rd, Hong Kong, China
No.122 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, China
5 Connaught Rd , Central, Hong Kong, China

Yung Kee Restaurant: Believe it or not..one of the best deals in town.

It has taken me several trips to hong kong before I set foot in this long restaurant. It was always highly touted in guidebooks(not always a good thing) and has been renown with winning plenty of culinary prizes.

Problem was that this place was not ideally located for me. For lunches I prefer convenience route. For dinner I always have a list of must-try places. With many great restaurants in HongKong a place that's famed for it's roast goose was not really high on my list.

Anyway this is a huge place...it has several floors.One of the fanciest chinese restaurants I ever tried. But even though it's huge...it seems to be always packed.When I came there during lunch I came in quite early and I was actually lucky because I was able to be put on a waitinglist.Partys that came after me,were simply refused because everything was full. So reservations is a MUST.

While I was waiting for my table I got quite excited..I just knew it was going to be a good foodie experience.I decided to splash out. I ordered dishes like sharks fin with crabcream soup,1000year old eggs, a mix of roast goose and cha sieuw, Fried prawns with crab roe etc.
Even though it was not a lot for 2(small portions)...the bill was shocking. I guess it's logical given it's fame, quality of food,high end location that it was a a very expensive place. This turned out into one of my most expensive lunches EVER.
But luckily the food was good enough not to have any regrets.

Well there is a bit of regret..because just because a dish has the fancy and expensive ingredient...it didnt mean that it was the better tasting one. To my utter surprise I rather enjoyed the simpler dishes more than the more pricier dishes.
I think I could have saved myself a bundle sticking to the simpler and cheaper dishes..and it won't surprise me if it would be much more tastier and more enjoyable.

Favorite Dish I call this place one of the best deals in HongKong. Of course they have the fancy dishes with the topend ingredients...but this is a real fancy place along with it's fame and location they dare and do ask a premium for their dishes. Frankly even the simple dishes are considered more expensive than normal.Because the dishes are quite small in comparison with other places.
But they more than make up for this with the quality of the food they serve. The fancy or simple dishes..they all get the same treatment and as a result the simple dishes are simply exquisite.The roast dishes..like goose and cha sieuw are simply awesome.

I have never been in a fancy restaurant like this where there is such a big diversity in price. You can easily order a dinner or lunch for a real reasonable price.Just stay away from the expensive ingredients like Abalone, Sharkfin,Brid's nest and when you find what you like..just make sure the price is within budget. This way you can easily order an incredible meal at one of the best retaurants in hong kong for a very reasonable price. I bet this eating experience would be really hard to beat.

Anyway this diversity in price makes this place unique. I don't know any other restaurant or cuisine that's able to do this. Can you think of a michelin star french restaurant that is able to do this? My advice to you...take this chance to see what true masters of chinese cuisine are able to achieve using simple and affordable ingredients. You won't regret your visit here and would be an unforgettable asian (foodie) experience. Just make sure to make your resrvations in time.

Before I forget...if you decide to get takeout.(Yes this restaurant has it too) than we are talking about real budgetterritory here.Even if you are on a real tight budget...anyone can afford a taste of their dishes. For example roast goose with rice at 30HKD!!

So in one restaurant we have from very expensive to reasonable to budget all under one roof and one kitchen...truly unique and only in asia and hong kong.

tan1415
Feb 09, 2007

Yung Kee Restaurant: Roasted Goose - Must Eat !

overall is good. the waitress introduce this set menu to us so that we can get to taste the award winning dishes. dishes come in appropriate portion.

Favorite Dish ordered the "Deluxe Menu with Awarded Dishes for 2 person" HK$680 (exclude tax). Both my hubby n I are extremely satisfied with the dinner! especially the Roasted Goose

chazaqamatz's Profile Photo
chazaqamatz
Oct 12, 2006

Yung Kee Restaurant: Yung Kee: it's famous but...

13 VT'ers had a gathering at this famous Chinese restaurant on April 30, 2004. Well, we ordered a set:
1] Assorted platter (Chicken, BBQ Pork...)
2] Deep fried fish filets
3] Prawn
4] Vegetable
5] Seafood soup
......
We were billed around HK$3500 (HK$300 per person) and I don't think the dishes were excellent.

Due to the bird flu, there is no duck (the most famous dish) in Yung Kee.

If you do want to meet some celebrities and dine at the famous restaurant, Yung Kee might be your choice.

Favorite Dish My favourite was the preserved egg (black in colour and did not cook), but all VT'ers from foreign countries had no intention to try :)

jil_coleslaw's Profile Photo
jil_coleslaw
Apr 29, 2006

Hong Kee Seafood Restaurant: Live seafood by the sea

Hung Kee Seafood Restaurant is located in Sai Kung in the New Territories. It has the rustic charm of an old fishing village by the sea. The best time to go would be in the late afternoon to view the magnificent sunset over the sea before tucking into a sumptous seafood dinner.

Favorite Dish Cream sauce baked Australian lobster - succulent and sweet
Wine sauce bamboo clams - juicy and delicious

aukahkay's Profile Photo
aukahkay
Feb 01, 2006

Top 5 Hong Kong Writers

gloopgloop's Profile Photo

gloopgloop

"The Jewels of Hong Kong"
keeweechic's Profile Photo

keeweechic

"Keeweechic's Hong Kong SAR"
swissfondue's Profile Photo

swissfondue

"Welcome to my favourite city in the world"
vigi's Profile Photo

vigi

"Hong Kong: City of Life with Endless Motions!"
dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

dejavu2gb

"Hong Kong"

Yung Kee Restaurant: Freezing cold - would not recommend this place

We went here after seeing a review in a guide book and on VT and were not impressed. Service was quick which was as well because this restuarant must be one of the coldest places I have ever eaten!(and I am from Scotland)The Air Con was so cold that the meal was spoilt- it was cold as soon as it hit the table and we were so cold that the waiter brought my wife a blanket!!(I kid you not) I complained to the manager but nothing was done. I cannot comment on the food as it was cold and I ate it with my jacket on. I would not go back here.

Favorite Dish anything hot

jab64000
Dec 17, 2005

Yung Kee Restaurant: Good food here too.

Pretty good restaurant. Famous for its roasted goose, 10000 year eggs and pickled ginger. I was told that I should try the roasted goose one last time before the avian flu comes back. For me, I always like the roasted pigeons instead, served with rock salt and lemon wedges. Various awards and favorable write-ups make this restaurant one of the better known among the "foreign devils". :0))

ilovespain's Profile Photo
ilovespain
Nov 15, 2005

Yung Kee: Yung Kee

Favorite Dish roast goose, and in winter time their chinese sausages, and wax duck.
steam chicken
overall an excellent and very established Chinese Restaurant. I have been there since I was a little kid (more than 30 odd years back), and still at the same location. They serve also good dim sum, and dishes. Fish dishes in Hong Kong are over priced compared to where I come from, so I never opt for them. Each trip since I was little, my parents and now when I travel with my husband we would pack home some roast goose for our family. They do it so well in a very nice take away box, complete with variety of sauces.

The quality of green vegetables in HK is excellent. Just have them plain with garlic or with dried conpoy over them. yum

Audrey118's Profile Photo
Audrey118
Jan 11, 2005

Yung Kee Restaurant: A place to go to for roasted goose

The best place to try some of the finest roasted goose and chinese cuisine in town.
It is conveniently located in Wellington Street - within 2 blocks walk from the central MTR station.

The place get crowded easily especially when it is close to lunch time. It is advisable to make reservation in advance.

Favorite Dish Don't miss on the roasted goose and the complimentary century eggs (don't be tempted off by the blackened colours of the eggs). I also tried the fried eels and green veggies with scallops which in my opinion are tasteful.

lgh's Profile Photo
lgh
Dec 13, 2004

Things to Do Near Yung Kee Restaurant

Exchange Square

Exchange Square is home to three sky scrapers, one 33 stories, another 51 and lastly 52 storeys high. This is where the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and other financial institutions have their offices,...

Bank of China Building

I found this out from one of the guidebooks. There is a viewing gallery open to public on the 41st storey of the Bank of China (thats the triangular shaped building) buidling. From the gallery, you...

Zoological & Botanical Garden

I recently visited the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens on a school trip with my P2 class. I think it is around eighteen years since I was last here and it has changed a lot. I think there...

Old Supreme Court

The old Supreme Court Building was opened on 15 January 1912 by the then Governor, Sir Frederick Lugard. Built from grey granite, this is an impressive three storey high building built in Neo-...

Grand Millennium Plaza

The Grand Millennium Plaza is the name of a 26 storey office building located in the CBD of Hong Kong. It wasn't the Plaza that grabbed my attention, but the lovely Piazza at the base of the...

St. John's Cathedral

Officially called "The Cathedral Church of St. John the Evangelist", and better known as simply St John's, this church was built by the British colonial mission in 1848. This beautiful and peaceful...

Getting to Yung Kee Restaurant