Map &

"Hong Kong Super Saver: Hong Kong Island Tour
From HKD927.00

Nathan Road Tips (23)

Nathan Road: Ripoff Camera Store Experience

Do not buy in Camera Stores on Nathan Road - they are only there to rip you off charging you 3 times price on cameras that you have not done homework on by pressure selling and 10 times over price on smaller items that they pressure you to buy. Stay clear of Good View Digital Co. they will work as a team to rip you off.

Oct 18, 2016

Nathan Road: A different shopping destination in Kowloon

Hongkong is a shoppers paradise, it is not difficult to find a place to shop, there many shopping malls, streets, market, without you notice you walk from one shopping streets to the other

In Nathan road is a nice place to wander where line up with shops. It is consisted of 50 or so shops selling a variety of merchandise from both international and local brands.

The shopping boulevard offers a wide range of items including apparel, accessories, jewelry, sporting goods, shoes, cosmetics, luggage, and electronics and gadgets. Some of the well-known brands with shops here are Lacoste, Skechers, Hush Puppies and Swarovski

It is open daily from 10:30am to 11:00pm. To get there, take the MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui and exit through Exit A. Walk to your left until you reach the first shops in about 2-3 minutes.

shavy's Profile Photo
Oct 31, 2014

Nathan Road: Nathan Road

I just stayed in one of the mansion which located in HK Nathan Road. The Chung King Mansion. One of the cheapest Mansion in Hong Kong. When I just went down. There is a shopping
mall downstair. This probably the only shopping mall in basement in Hong Kong. If you feel very hot then you must go there because they have the strongest ac there. There are different
style restaurants. One of the local restaurant is famous for their milk tea. However, some of the shops which sell clothes are over priced, that is what I guess. One good thing
is that they put the mall online. I can buy the stuff through their online plaftform. They claimed that can ship to my country and if I want anything which is not available buying
from their online, they will help me to source it.

Aug 19, 2012

Nathan Road: The Tsim Sha Tsui Precinct

Tsim Sha Tsui has the greatest concentration of shops in Hong Kong.

Nathan Road which runs south to north through Kowloon is 4km long. This most famous of Hong Kong thoroughfares is jam packed with stores at its southern end selling clothes, jewellery, sunglasses, cameras, electronic goods, arts and crafts, shoes, handbags, luggage, and watches. This is also the place to find a tailor. Unfortunately this area of Kowloon is well known as the home of "bait and switch" retailing so keep this in mind.

Make sure you also explore the side streets off Nathan Road, especially Granville Road which specialises in outlet style shops selling silk and casual clothing and fun, youth-oriented fashions at pretty moderate prices. There are also a SOGO Department store in Salisbury Road and numerous chinese Emporiums, and shopping arcades.

There are a few mid sized shopping malls. K11 (which I have reviewed separately under shopping tips) is located in Mody Road. There is also I- Square in Nathan Road and Silvercord in Canton Road (separate review under my shopping tips).

Harbour City also located on Canton Road is the largest shopping centre in Hong Kong while Elements, attached to Kowloon Station is one of the newest in Kowloon and one I personally like because of its layout and visual appeal.

swissfondue's Profile Photo

No.5 Wenfu Road, Jiulong
75 Waterloo Road, Kowloon, (formerly Metropole Hotel), Hong Kong, China
No. 84-86 Wuhu Street, Hong Kong, China

Nathan Road: Just use common sense

Ok, here's a section of town you must be on top of your game if not you will pay dearly with some of the prices....first of all if you must buy electronics here be for-warned the prices aren't very good, then check to see if you get what you are paying for.....don't let anything out of your sight, such as a box, and if you insist in paying with your credit card have them swipe the card right in front of you....don't let them take it to the realize that there running your credit card up when you return use utmost COMMON SENSE when shopping here.....if you see a $3000 camera for $1000 ask a lot of stick to the saying "if it's to good to be true, it probably isn't" Tons, and tons of people get ripped off here, but yet people still come here ??????

jlanza29's Profile Photo
Jun 20, 2011

Elegant Tang Dynasty: A Shopper's Dream

This little shop formerly known as the Ribbon Emporium is now located on Nathan & Haiphon Road in Kowloon. Nathan Road known as the Golden Mile of Asia. This shop is a retail outlet selling at below wholesale prices and specializing in souvenir type merchandise. Keychains, chopsticks and placemats, purses, lipstick holders, compacts, watches, and much more. They sell many items in bulk which is great if you're picking up souvenirs for many people. It is a small shop but large in merchandise. I like this store for it's souvenirs and prices. There are by the way many shops such as this in Hong Kong and a welcoming site for tourists purchasing gifts to bring back home.

Phone: 852-2377-4341 & 852-2367-6231
Address: Shop A, G/f., Po Fung Building, 33 A Haiphon Rd., Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
It's actually on Nathan Road near Haiphon Road in the Tsim Sha Tsui area.

What to buy Jewelry, Watches, Souvenir items in bulk such as lipstick holders, purses, chopsticks, pillow covers and much more. You will pay below wholesale prices at this shop and by the way there are many more in this area just like this one.

What to pay Below wholesale

poetjo's Profile Photo
Mar 13, 2008

Nathan Road: cameras and watches and more

I guess cameras are the hottest item here . We didn't think the prices were any better than in Canada however. There are lots of other things here too , including knockoff watches and souveneers etc. I liked Temple st market better for fun knockoff shopping though.

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
Nov 16, 2007

Nathan Road: Go shopping for Watches

We decided to pay a visit to Nathan Road and check out the shops. As we were strolling along, we happen to come upon a shop that lured us in their back room to show us their knock-off wares. Now, I usually don't get carried away with stuff like this as I rather not have something than have a knock-off, but we decided to check it out anyway.

As we entered the shop, a guy who I would assume was the owner approaced us and asked what we were looking for. We were looking at the watches so he brought out a few binder-like books with every imaginable desinger watch in the market today.

We grazed over the book but nothing really caught our eye until we saw a gentlemen with a beautiful authentic looking Brietling. He was deciding whether to purchase the watch or not. Let me tell you that while we were there looking at watches every single person that walked into that store could possiblly afford an authentic model, so why were they all there?

The guy purchased the watch for US $200, way too much money if you ask me. I witnessed the exchange of money and decided I would haggle my way to a beautiful Brietling as a gift.

What to buy After going though and narrowing it down to two different models, we decided to start the haggling. After what seem like almost an hour, we got our asking price (much less than that poor soul paid).

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Jun 25, 2007

Top 5 Hong Kong Writers

gloopgloop's Profile Photo

"The Jewels of Hong Kong"
swissfondue's Profile Photo

"Welcome to my favourite city in the world"
vigi's Profile Photo

"Hong Kong: City of Life with Endless Motions!"
keeweechic's Profile Photo

"Keeweechic's Hong Kong SAR"
dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

"Hong Kong"

Nathan Road: Do a little shopping here, I did

Nathan Road is world famous for their electronics and knock-off goods. There are all sorts of shops to chose from.

If you are in the market for anything, do your homework first. Make sure if you are purchasing electronics that it is compatible in the country you reside in. If you are purchasing jewelry, know the item of interest and what something of compatible quality would cost you back home. If you are not in the market to purchase anything in particular, just wander along the streets and see what type of bargains you can find. Haggle, haggle, haggle.

I purchased a few knock-off items for my brother and my mom. Me, nah, I personally wouldn't bother with the knock-offs for myself. Rather have the real thing. (lol)

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Nov 19, 2006

Nathan Road: Nathan Road -- a must see

Well, anyone who has heard anything about Hong Kong will probably know Hong Kong is known for its shopping facilities. The most famous, if not the biggest, is Nathan Road in Kowloon. Nathan Road is spanning a long stretch lined with shops of all sizes and shapes. The southern part has mainly high-end brand shops, and towards the north the various market areas dissect Nathan Rd. Any tourist map will show you the main areas, close to or on Nathan Rd.

Even if you are not into shopping, a visit to Nathan Road is fun just for the experience of walking on one of the most famous shopping streets in the world, and have a look at all the things on sale.

What to buy Depending on where you come from, electronics, jewellery, clothes and cosmetics are usually a good bargain.
When shopping electronics, it is worth shopping around, and making sure your product will have an international warranty. Also make sure you know what you are buying, reading up on the type of product beforehand, so you know what to ask and can avoid bad surprises.
Hong Kong is famous for its jewellery, and you can get jewellery to suit any budget; expensive gold works from upscale jewellers' and cheaper stuff from the markets.
Especially the markets will have a lot of bargain clothes to be had, but even shopping in the regular stores and shopping centres will be satisfying for people on most budgets.
Many cosmetics brands not readily available elsewhere will be found here, and the tax on cosmetics is lower than in many other countries.

maria_hz's Profile Photo
Jun 06, 2006

Nathan Road: From Nathan Street....

If you walk down from Nathan Street, there are lots of shops selling women & men clothing, sports wear, shoes... I pretty like the Watson's & Sasa in Hong Kong. It is much bigger than in Singapore and we are not able to buy most of the products in Singapore. On top of that places like Tsim Sha Tsui & Mong Kok are very nice to walk & shop around.

joeyleecy's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2006

Nathan Road: Tones of the Expensive shops for you bling lovers

Well, I used to walk to Nathan street so I could get occasional blasts of A/C from those big expensive shops that line the street. If you prefer to actually shop on Nathan Road, then you'll find the usual bling bling lovers expensive shops and stuff. The further away from victoria Island you go, the more normal things become.

What to buy Giant hams! GLAZED HAMS! Well, maybe some cool Electronics in Mongkok.

What to pay BLING BLING!

Bela_LUng's Profile Photo
Jan 04, 2006

Things To Do Near Hong Kong

Things to Do

Hey Relax 3D Gallery is an interesting photo taking venue. Located at a few foot steps away from Kwun Tong MTR station, it provides a 3D Painting Photo Taking Area, 3 Selfies Rooms with props, it's...

Mong Kok District

Mong Kok is really a good district to find things what you want. Just get off at Mong Kok station and you will find: 1) Watches, exit E1 (Nathan Rd.) 2) Computers, exit E2 3) Audio and Telecom...

Space Museum

if you want to feel a different experience in modern hong kong, then you can head to the space museum, located at the end of Nathan Road and at Salisbury Road, and Just beside the Avenue of Stars and...

Nathan Road

Advertised as one of the most commercial streets of Hong Kong, Nathan Road is… one of the most commercial streets of Hong Kong! So what? One Indian tout in each square meter, large and small shops...

Tin Hau Temple

Tin Hau is a goddess that (it seems) has about 60 temples in Hong Kong, some of them classified as monuments. I think that it is not the case of this one, located in Stanley, and that I visited in...

Bird Market

The bird market or "bird garden" has been in existance since 1997 when the Urban Renewal Authority set aside 300 square metres for its development as a way of improving the environment in the crowded...

Getting to Hong Kong

We don't yet have an address for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!