Map &

From JPY89,286.00
1-Day Tokyo Bus Tour
From JPY8,000.00

Gas Panic Tips (6)

Clubbing > GAS PANIC: My two and only worst experience...

I heard GasPanic was where people went to score girls.. get cheap drinks and dance the night away. I also heard it was packed to the jam. I went to the one in Roppongi and then the one in Shibuya. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DONT GO! We used the lockers lining the entire bar and seriously... we danced for only half an hour and kept our key the whole time. Our wallet was still there. Just 20,000 yen was gone, as our credit cards and all our change. 20 ***ing thousand. I'd highly advise you to invets in 1000 yen more and go to places like Jumanji or Greenland where their lockers are at least don't have duplicated keys, so anyone can steal your stuff. Don't underestimate GasPanic!!!!

Dress Code No, sluttier the better here. Cheap and filled with desperate gaijins. Dont bother!

Jan 27, 2012

Gas Panic: Good Foreigner Spot

We went to Gas Panic in Shibuya. It was mostly filled with foreigners and students. Sometimes creepy foreign business men would dirty dance around us and try to buy us drinks. Most Japanese women giggle and "dodge" these men off. I was more assertive and direct, "No thank you, not interested."

The music was varied and the DJ took requests. Most people either catch the last train or stay out until morning when the trains start again. The weeknight we went here, we paid no cover. I had fun and definitely would go back here.

Dress Code Anything goes from jeans to business casual.

sinjabc's Profile Photo
Oct 25, 2009

Clubbing > Gaspanic: Horrible experience in Gaspanics club

I had the most unbelievable experience in Tokyo in what is technically my first visit there. I was at Gaspanics Club with a mate dancing when my handbag was stolen along with my passport, money, two cellphones, some cash and a camera. I could not believe it as I had heard Tokyo is safer than Singapore. I told the security guys but they could do nothing. I hope this is a warning to all to not get complacent and that crime rates are rising in Tokyo. I have travelled all over the world and have not had even a dollar stolen from me. And to think that this happens to me for the first time and in the most unlikely place - in Tokyo!

Jun 07, 2008

Clubbing > GAS PANIC: At least Gaspanic's not a rip-off

Ok Roppongi's been OVER rated... Everything either shuts TOO early or the most of Roppongi just turned into some sort of a melting pot of sleaze. Made me just wanna flee the place!

Most places either look expensive and/or boring and/or scarily sleazy - I wish those damned doormen would stop nudging me! One old-geezer (old enough to be my father) actually gestured to us as he was about to patronise a bar, "C'mon girls, come on in..." Well we ain't going anywhere with you Ossan... *puke* No, he's not Japanese, I was just using "Ossan" to emphasise his age.

I don't like Roppongi at all apart from Gaspanic (both the bar and the club). At least they are reasonably priced and "happening". Drinks are also pretty reasonably priced (compared to my country).

Dress Code Dress "Happening". Please don't go under-dressed unless you wanna be the biggest wall-flower or look like a nerd.

Ariel2804's Profile Photo

1-4-1 Otemachi, 100-0004
1-11-35 Nagatacho, 100-0014
2-4-3 Hirakawacho, 102-0093

Clubbing > GAS PANIC: Partying in Tokyo

The Gaspanic in Rappongi is a great place to go clubbing. During the week Gaspanic is pretty mellow and chill but by the time the weekend comes, people are hanging off the ceiling. Check out my picture. It is totally true. They had a great variety of drinks to choose from. Girls can be found dancing on the counters and if you chose to be that lucky dancer, that girl could be you. It is packed inside Gaspanic on Fridays and Saturdays and makes for a perfect place to meet that special other as this spot is where the party for the young in Tokyo lies.

Dress Code The dress code is moderate. As long as you look descent aka have money, they will let you in.

RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo
Jul 09, 2006

Roppongi: Gas Panic

There are several Gas Panic's in Tokyo, most notably in Shibuya and Roppongi. We visited the one in Roppongi twice, and had a blast both times. The music can get a little cheezy (but hey, what isn't cheezy in Japan?), the playlists can range from Backstreet Boys and The Moffats to brand new hip-hop and dance club tunes. On Thursdays it is happy hour all day, where any drink in the house is 400 yen. On Fridays, they have happy hour until 9:30, where all drinks are 400 yen.
The bar is 3 levels, on the first level is a pizzeria/restuarant. On the second level is the main entrance to the club. It's a little dingy and not too aesthetically appealing, but if you arrive early the whole bar staff will give you a friendly hello. In fact, the staff talked to us the whole night, and got us to dance with them on the table tops! The top floor contains another bar, and the music is slightly less loud. This is more of a sitting area, and kind of has a uni-class feel as the seat ascend with the bar on the lowest level.
The bar starts to get packed around 11pm, and is filled with gaijin, geeky Japanese workmen, beautiful girls, and Justin Timberlake wannabes. You will usually see a lot of break dancing and fancy moves which would only happen in the movies or music videos. They are entertaining to watch! Warning to the girls though, the men will hit on you, especially if you are a gaijin! Many are just trying to practice english, so it's mostly harmless.

Dress Code No dress code required.
You can buy T-shirts and sweaters from the bar staff.

mkotarac's Profile Photo
Oct 28, 2005
o00o's Profile Photo

"T o k y o"
Bunsch's Profile Photo

"Tragedy in Japan"
dennisKL's Profile Photo

Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

"Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
kdoc13's Profile Photo

Things To Do Near Tokyo

Things to Do

Imperial Palace(Kokyo Gaien National Garden)

This is a photo of one the guardhouses that surround the palace grounds. These used to be used to keep the imperial family in splendid isolation maintaining a aurora of deity. Today the grounds are...
Things to Do

Chidorigafuchi is a section of Second Moat of former Edo Castle characterized by its width exceeding 100 meters, so much so it looks more like a dike pond. The moat is best known as one of the most...

Kitanomaru Park and Budokan

Originally built as the stadium for Martial Arts Events for 1964 Olympics, the stadium is often the very reason Tokyo tourists visit this park. Budokan is better known as the venue for the concerts...

Science Museum (Kagaku-gijutsu-kan)

Science Museum, also known as Kagaku-gijutsu-kan (literally the museum of science and technology) is one of the most popular hands-on science and technology museums targeted for children. It is...

National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo Crafts Gallery

Also known as Kogeikan, this detached gallery of National Museum of Modern Art, about 400 meters west of the main building is one of the rare architectural properties in Tokyo which survived the...

Wadakura Fountain Park

Wadakura Fountain Park is located at the far corner of Kokyo Gaien National Garden and east of Imperial Palace East Gardens. It is noted for the fountain show which has the fixed pattern according to...

Getting to Tokyo

3-15-24 Roppongi, Minato-ku

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!