Map &

From JPY5,000.00
Tokyo Highlights Afternoon Tour and Sumida River Cruise
From JPY5,000.00

Sushizanmai Tips (7)

Sushizanmai in Tsukiji: Best Toro ever tasted!!!

We went there at about 10.. just after we had some uni rice.. we were all facinated by the fresh, tasty uni that we wanted more fresh sushi~ I thought I wasn't going to eat much as I was quite full after the uni rice.. but I ended up eating as much as I could in a dinner occation... -_-"

Favorite Dish oo toro!!! must try!! I had 2 of them.. and felt like I had never eaten anything as fantastic in myself before~~ I actually had tears in my eyes while eating them...

jaypride's Profile Photo
Jul 06, 2004

Sushizanmai in Tsukiji: Best Anago ever tasted!!

Another good thing about this sushi shop, other than the good taste and the comparatively low price, is the business hour: it opens 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Unlike most sushi shop in Tokyo that close before midnight, u can go there in the early morning and in the middle of the night~!

Favorite Dish Second best dish, runner up to the toro. Very soft texture, melt in the mouth.. no fishy smell at all!!

jaypride's Profile Photo
Jul 07, 2004

Sushizanmai Honten: Sushizanmai Honten Restaurant

As the name already suggests this a sushi restaurant. Me and my friends took place at the counter so we could watch the chef prepare our sushi. This was great fun anf deffinitly added up to the ambience.
Half way our lunch they started to auction of a tamago (egg omelet) with seaweed (I forgot which seaweed). They only make one batch a day and the first ones to order could get a piece. We were quick enough to get some of it. It was delicous and very special.

They have restaurants all over town but we went to the Honten restaurant. Check their website for other locations. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all year long. There is always sushi ;-)

Favorite Dish I ordered a Sushizanmai set menu. I was very happy with it. It included a plate of Nigiri sushi (ebi, tamago, unagi, maguro, sake,...) a small salad and a miso soup. And it was very reasonable in price, especialy when considering the quality of the fish and the size of the dish.

yashiko's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2009

Sushizanmai - Oku-no-In: Ryotei restaurant

This is a big sushi restaurant chain and hosts around 20 restaurants in Tokyo area. However the style and atmosphere depends on the location, some are bar/counter type of fast sushi place others like "Oku-no-in" provides classic setting with garden view etc.

Reservation is recommended.

Favorite Dish Any sushi here is brilliant I have never been disappointed.

Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

1-4-1 Otemachi, 100-0004
1-11-35 Nagatacho, 100-0014
2-4-3 Hirakawacho, 102-0093

Sushizanmai: Sushi near Tsukiji fish market

While waiting for the fish market to open at 9am we wandered around the neighborhood near the fish market and found many restaurants serving sushi, the pictures on the front of the restaurant indicated that this place had sushi by the portion rather than a full bowl/plate so we stopped here. We were seated at the counter, in front of a conveyor belt full of sushi. You could either take the dishes off the belt or order from the chef with the help of the menus.

The dishes were priced according to the plate color so you knew that some dishes were 148, some were 198, some were 248 and so on. At the end of the meal, they total up your empty plates. Sushi Zanmai is a chain of sushi restaurants, based on the prices I'm sure it's not top end but the two meals we had here were satisfying and easy on the budget

Favorite Dish We tried a variety of different sushi options, some rolls, some tuna and a particularly nice octopus that the chef made specially with several sauces. The first day we ordered 5 dishes, the 2nd day we ordered 9 dishes, 1816 yen ($10US) and 1231 yen ($15US) including the 8% service charge

Dabs's Profile Photo
Jan 27, 2016

Sushizanmai: Top Value Sushi Chain

Sushizanmai is a very reliable and affordable chain of sushi restaurants. There are over 30 in Tokyo alone. Most branches are decorated in a similar style of light-colored wood and hanging paper lanterns and offer both counter and table seating. Some use the 'sushi train' system.

You can select a la carte, or for better value, meal sets are available. As is often the case in Japan, the lunch menu offers the best value, and can be enjoyed without the drifting second hand smoke of other patrons (an otherwise unavoidable hazard of dining in Japan, sad to say). Smoke free from 10am to 3pm. Yay!

We ate at the Roppongi branch.

Favorite Dish We chose a lunch set, which included a generous portions nigiri, maki and temaki. Miso and salad too.

Orchid's Profile Photo
Jun 03, 2014

Sushizanmai: Great Sushi

A friend took us to Sushizanmai in Roppongi. I was amazed at how fresh and delicious the sushi was. We ate to our hearts content. There was a 15-20 minute wait for a table, but it was worth it.

sinjabc's Profile Photo
Oct 25, 2009
o00o's Profile Photo

"T o k y o"
Bunsch's Profile Photo

"Tragedy in Japan"
dennisKL's Profile Photo

Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

"Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
kdoc13's Profile Photo

Things To Do in Tokyo

Things to do

Imperial Palace(Kokyo Gaien National Garden)

This is a photo of one the guardhouses that surround the palace grounds. These used to be used to keep the imperial family in splendid isolation maintaining a aurora of deity. Today the grounds are...
Things to do

Chidorigafuchi is a section of Second Moat of former Edo Castle characterized by its width exceeding 100 meters, so much so it looks more like a dike pond. The moat is best known as one of the most...

Kitanomaru Park and Budokan

Originally built as the stadium for Martial Arts Events for 1964 Olympics, the stadium is often the very reason Tokyo tourists visit this park. Budokan is better known as the venue for the concerts...

Science Museum (Kagaku-gijutsu-kan)

Science Museum, also known as Kagaku-gijutsu-kan (literally the museum of science and technology) is one of the most popular hands-on science and technology museums targeted for children. It is...

National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo Crafts Gallery

Also known as Kogeikan, this detached gallery of National Museum of Modern Art, about 400 meters west of the main building is one of the rare architectural properties in Tokyo which survived the...

Wadakura Fountain Park

Wadakura Fountain Park is located at the far corner of Kokyo Gaien National Garden and east of Imperial Palace East Gardens. It is noted for the fountain show which has the fixed pattern according to...

Getting to Tokyo

*there are several shops in the city*

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!