Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Shinjuku Tips (7)

Shinjuku district

Shinjuku is a shopping and nightlife district in central Tokyo. It's also one of those ultramodern neighborhoods in Tokyo with a huge LCD screen on every building. Definitely a must see at night when the place is lit up with more neon than a dozen Las Vegas'.

Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
Jim_Eliason
Jan 11, 2009

*Shopping Area > Shinjuku: Japanese Souvenirs

I was surprised about the stuff you can find at the hotel souvenir shop of Keio Plaza Hotel. I found many japanese stuff at very resonable prices.

What to buy I recommend you to buy a Yukata and a nice souvenir to decorate your house. You can't go home without a geisha doll

What to pay To be honest, for me Tokyo wasn't that expensive, I mean it is expensive but not the way I was told to. Probably I spent USD100 average in souvenirs, from a kimono to a pencil.

cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo
cinthya_in_victoria
Dec 05, 2007

Lumine Est: Ladies shopping in Shinjuku, Tokyo

Women's clothing of high quality and reasonable prices can be found in Lumin Est in Shinjuku. There are many shops inside here which cater to fashionable ladies. Prices here are found to be lower than the department stores such as Takashimaya and Isetan. The range of clothing, shoes and accessories are impressive. The sales assistants provided great service and were very helpful.

What to buy Women's clothing

Fondtrav's Profile Photo
Fondtrav
Sep 13, 2007

Shinjuku area: For the quick shopper

Tokyo offers lots of shopping possibilities, I don't want to write about those.
As a business traveler you don't have time and you want to go for a quick shopping tour near the hotel after work.
A good place around Shinjuku are the few blocks between the Keio Plaza Hotel and Shinjuku station.

What to buy anything, electronics goods, sporting goods, clothes

What to pay a lot, it's Japan, man

loisl's Profile Photo

1-4-1 Otemachi, 100-0004
1-11-35 Nagatacho, 100-0014
2-4-3 Hirakawacho, 102-0093

Many shops: Shopping in Shinjuku

To me Shinjuku is the epicentre of my world and I love the place. I love the hustle and bustle of this 24/7 district. If there is anything you want, I can guarantee that you are gonna be able to get it here!

From electronics, to second hand designer fashion, to brand new designer fashion to.....

the list is endless!!

What to buy Most people would say Akahabara for the electronics but I got just what I needed in Shinjuku which was good enough for me.

But electronics is a must for any foreigner coming to Japan.

Now that I am more savi with the culture, next time I will have a clearer list of what I want.

Perhaps I will even be shopping for things to put in my new Tokyo apartment, so watch this space!!

What to pay As much or as little as you got. By little I mean that there are lots of 100 yen shops all over the place.

huggy93's Profile Photo
huggy93
Oct 22, 2004

Fashion: Shinjuku - Shopping Area for Young People

Shinjuku is a meeting place for young people to for leisure, shopping and for food and for entertainment.

The fashion designed and sold at the department store are mostly target to the young people who has the most in purchasing power..

What to buy Dress, clothes

What to pay Cash, credit card

o00o's Profile Photo
o00o
Aug 16, 2004

Department Stores: Shop for Day and Night

Along Shinjuku area is a most famous Asian traveller shopping spot. Taking the JR and may get yourself to the Shinjuku station. Price are from moderate to high.

What to buy Clothes, Electronic items, Mobiles, convenient stores, Supermarket, and Restaurant.

dennisKL's Profile Photo
"Tragedy in Japan"
dennisKL's Profile Photo
"Tokyo"
Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
"Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
kdoc13's Profile Photo
"Tokyo"

Things To Do Near Shinjuku

Things to do
This is a photo of one the guardhouses that surround the palace grounds. These used to be used to keep the imperial family in splendid isolation maintaining a aurora of deity. Today the grounds are...
Things to do
Chidorigafuchi is a section of Second Moat of former Edo Castle characterized by its width exceeding 100 meters, so much so it looks more like a dike pond. The moat is best known as one of the most...
Things to do
Originally built as the stadium for Martial Arts Events for 1964 Olympics, the stadium is often the very reason Tokyo tourists visit this park. Budokan is better known as the venue for the concerts...
Things to do
Science Museum, also known as Kagaku-gijutsu-kan (literally the museum of science and technology) is one of the most popular hands-on science and technology museums targeted for children. It is...
Things to do
Wadakura Fountain Park is located at the far corner of Kokyo Gaien National Garden and east of Imperial Palace East Gardens. It is noted for the fountain show which has the fixed pattern according to...
Things to do
Oustandingly the most popular thing in Kitanomaru Park is Budokan, which became world-famous by 1978 Cheap Trick concert. As the name suggests it was originally built as the arena for martial arts...

Getting to Shinjuku

Address

Shinjuku-ku

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map