Map &

Private Half-Day Mt. Fuji and Surrounding Area Tour
From JPY17,500.00
Mt Fuji Day Trip including Lake Ashi Sightseeing Cruise from Tokyo
From JPY12,499.00

Mt. Fuji - Day Trip Tips (23)

Lavender Field in Summer

Take a trip to this Lavender field. The unique in Summer. How well you understanding the types of Lavender? Another famous stuff is fruits. I brought some 'momo'. Check it out! Look closer to the picture, the scence behind the lavender is the Mt. Fuji. Hopefully you can have a full view of it. I was lucky.

Jul 16, 2004

2000m above sea level!

Mt. Fuji is being a nasional symbol of a Japanese. The highest mountain in Japan; 3,776m. They are proud of the Mt. Fuji. If you are having a close look, its like a shape of a lady's skirt. Fantastic! There is a history behind this Mt. Fuji. How this 10-station being located and being mark and the story of a mother and a son. Hopefully you can get a Japanese to tell you this. I got up till the 5th station by coach and it was a summer. Further up, you have to climb up yourself and it takes another 6-8 hours to reach the peak. Japanese believe, they need to climb up to the peak at least once before they leave the world. They is another story behind this.
Overrall, is a very fantastic journey and is one of the wonder in Japan.

Jul 15, 2004

Mt. Fuji

Before coming to Japan, the only Mt. Fuji I had ever heard of was the name of a wrestler on GLOW (The gorgeous ladies of wrestling.) But it is impossible to underestimate the love the people of Japan have for this mountain and the lengths they will go to, to make sure you know about it.

I literally saw images of it everywhere. Which is good, because I went during the rainy season and could never get a good look at it. I have an excellent camera, but even that couldn't get me a photo of it as I rode by it on the Shinkansen (the appropriate name for a bullet train in Japan) to Kyoto.

I have heard on the right days that it is visable from Tokyo tower, and the west side of Tokyo. You couldn't prove it by me. I had to take a train to see it. But, it was a rather nice mountain once I was whizzing by it.

Most hotels will have tour company information that includes packages that will help you to get there. Even I as an experienced driver in Japan did not want to drive out there. Plus, it is a rather good distance from Tokyo. The tour packages looked good to me, some complete with hot springs and climbing expeditions.

kdoc13's Profile Photo
May 22, 2004

Mount Fuji, affectionately called 'Fuji-san' by the Japanese, has been revered since ancient times. Throughout the centuries Japanese poets have written about it, painters have painted it, pilgrims have flocked to it, and more than a few people have died on it. Without a doubt, this mountain has been photographed more than anything else in Japan.
Mount Fuji is stunningly impressive. At 12,388 feet, it towers far above anything else around it, a cone of almost perfectly symmetrical proportions. Mt. Fuji is majestic, grand, and awe-inspiring. To the Japanese it symbolizes the very spirit of their country. Though it's visible on clear days from as far as 100 miles away, Fuji-san is, unfortunately, almost always cloaked in clouds. If you catch a glimpse of this mighty mountain (which you can sometimes do from the bullet train between Tokyo and Nagoya), consider yourself extremely lucky. One of the best spots for views of Mount Fuji is Hakone.
I was lucky that on the day we went to Mount Fuji, the weather was very nice, the sky was clear so we can see Mount Fuji very clearly. Our tour guide said we were very lucky because normally we can't see Mount Fuji in the early April as it was hidden behind the clouds!

Adeline_Foo's Profile Photo

1348 Tsukabara, Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture, 412-0017, Japan
575-2 Gumizawa, Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture, 412-0041, Japan
44-7 Hagiwara, Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture, 412-0042, Japan

Our first halt was...

Our first halt was in Numazu, a small town near Tokyo! And there I saw Fujisan! The dormitory where rest of our group was staying, Fujisan, Mount Fuji, is right in front but visible only when he is in clear mood! Generally he prefers to remain hidden behind clouds! Well, he is moody indeed!!!
Fuji could be a challenge for trekkers! It takes 6hrs for a seasoned trekker to climb Fuji from the fifth level onwards provided that it is not a rainy or windy day!
By bus you can go upto the 8th level, which is not very high!!! At the 8th level, you can try your hand at playing Taiko..the Japanese drums!!!
But to visit the crator, one has to go trekking....

Archie_Oak's Profile Photo
Sep 12, 2002

I visited Mount Fuji during...

I visited Mount Fuji during the month of August. The trip was organized by Saitama University. On the first day we hiked to the base camp where we stayed overnight. The following morning we got up at 4 am, climbed to the top and arrived before sunrise at Mount Fuji.

AndreasK's Profile Photo
Sep 07, 2002

Fuji Q-Hi Land

Enjoy Fujiyama, the king of roal coaster !!!

This amusement park has Mt. Fuji as a background. You can enjoy both the park and view of Mt. Fuji.

bebejepang's Profile Photo
Aug 11, 2008

Mount Fuji

Some 70 mile west of Tokyo. Thi snowcapped volcano was once seen in most parts in Tokyo but with modern pollution, it only seen one day out of every seven

Teamfast's Profile Photo
Feb 25, 2005
o00o's Profile Photo

"T o k y o"
Bunsch's Profile Photo

"Tragedy in Japan"

Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

"Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
kdoc13's Profile Photo

Onsen near Gotemba

While going for Mt. Fuji, you could enjoy the hot spring bath together with a wonderful shopping tour at Gotemba Premium Outlet.

Jolaz's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2004

Breathtaking Fuji

Don't say that you've been to Japan if you hadn't visited Fuji ;-)

Please click HERE to enjoy more on Fuji !!!

tangymp's Profile Photo
Jul 11, 2004

Postcard Perfect Fuji-san & Kawaguchi Lake

Prepare to morph into a click-happy "japanese tourist" at the first sight of this breath-taking mountain and its surroundings!

urchinn's Profile Photo
Dec 18, 2003

Things To Do Near Mt. Fuji - Day Trip

Things to Do

Lake Ashi (Ashinoko)

Lake Ashi was formed when Mount Hakone last erupted around 3000 years ago. I have seen spectacular pictures of Lake Ashi with Mount Fuji in the background, though we could not see Mount Fuji from the...
Things to Do

Hakone Open Air Museum

I'm not usually a fan of museums, but I cannot recommend this one highly enough. We loved it. The museum is located a short walk from Chokoku No Mori - the second last station on the Hakone Toznan...

Getting to Mt. Fuji - Day Trip

Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka, Japan

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!