Indian food, Melaka

4 out of 5 stars 7 Reviews

Selavm restoran at a distance
    by Jerry6570
    Restoran Selvam Melaka
    by Jerry6570
    A DOSA
    by davidjo

• davidjo's Profile Photo

RESTAURANT SELVAM: MY LAST MEAL IN MELAKA WAS THE WORST !!!

by davidjo Written Mar 28, 2016

Our guest house owner had recommended this restaurant to us, and it was rated as number two Indian Restaurant in Melaka on Trip Advisor but it turned out to be the worst meal we ate in Melaka. My wife's noodles were very oily and my dosa lacked taste. Sure, it was cheap enough, but it doesn't matter how cheap it is if you don't enjoy the food. The restaurant was busy and most of the customers were foreigners. Service was good and i must mention that the fresh orange juice and lassi were also good, but we would never return here again. Cannot understand why this restaurant is rated so highly, maaybe we just had bad luck.

Address: No 2 Jalan Temenggong

A DOSA RESTAURANT SELVAM THE MENU THE RESTAURANT NOODLES

• davidjo's Profile Photo

BOSS CURRY HOUSE: AN EXCELLENT INDIAN

by davidjo Written Mar 28, 2016

Despite being given information regarding good Indian Restaurants by the owner of our guest house we decided to dine at the Boss Curry House as it was full of Indians when we passed by, a sure sign that it must be good. We returned an hour later when tables were available. We had a fresh orange juice, a lassi, a cheese dosa which w enormous, a vegetable dish and a couple more that i cannot remember. Three dips came with the dosa, a curry, a chutney, and a milky yogurt type of sauce. All were excellent and cost next to nothing. The restaurant was only opened recently so the guest house owner had not yet dined there, but he promised to give it a try after my recommendation.

Address: 12 JALAN BENDAHARA

HUGE CHEESE DOSA MENU, VERY CHEAP

• Jewel of the Park: Best Tandoori Chicken in Melaka

by sures006 Written Feb 2, 2011

Wow.. was impressed with the newly opened restaurant in Bukit Beruang, Melaka.. tried their Tandoori Chicken and it was delicious! and also the mutton pepper fry..amazingly good.. not actually a mutton eater but it was so tasty..

Favorite Dish: Tandoori Chicken and Mutton Pepper fry

Address: BB Bazar, Bukit Beruang , Melaka

Directions: BB Bazar is next to the wet market and close to MMU university.

Phone: +606-2910902

• Jerry6570's Profile Photo

SELVAM RESTORAN: DONT MISS GREAT INDIAN FOOD @ MELAKA

by Jerry6570 Written Jul 13, 2008

Great Indian food at this resturant when in Melaka. Extremely cheap and very tasty Indian Food. Good Service. Lunch is served on Bananna leaf with vegetarian side dishes. I would reccomend who has an apetite for good Indian food.

Favorite Dish: All dishes taste great.

Address: Next to Discovery Cafe Melaka

Directions: In between Jl. Bunga Raya and Jl. Laksamana

Restoran Selvam Melaka Selavm restoran at a distance

• Azri_Azmi's Profile Photo

Vazhai Elai Banana Leaf Restaurant: Delicious Traditional Indian Dishes

by Azri_Azmi Updated Jul 26, 2006

This restaurant being setup in an average ways. Very clean with great service. The staff here are very friendly. Most importantly, why I am giving this restaurant a high rating because of its food. The traditional taste of Indian food offered here is superb. Few choices of curry dishes taste really good. These curry dishes goes well with rice or even the Tossei/Chapati/'Roti Canai'. The seating being neatly arranged in this small space area but they do have a special air-condition room. As for myself, I regularly had my meal here with my Indian friends as I l really love the tossei. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who like Indian dishes and also who ever wanted to taste a really good tossei. I also noticed that this restaurant has been officially opened by one the well known Malaysian Minister.

Favorite Dish: The most special and delicious dish here that I like the most is the tossei. A basic tossei with Coconut based 'Chutney' make this place so special for me.

Address: Vazhai Elai Banana Leaf Restaurant, Bandar Melaka

Directions: On the main road where Kampung Jawa is at the back.

Phone: 0126230441

The Vazhai Elai Foods Counter & Table Setup The Dishes ~ Look At The Crab Curry Family Air Conditioned Room Available Basic Tossei with Coconut Chutney - a must!!!

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Selvam: Chettynad Tamil Restaurant

by cochinjew Written Apr 17, 2006

Very Tamil restaurant popular with sari clad visitors from the Interior. Good Chettynad style food. Banana leaves and the ambience unchanged, from the looks of it

Favorite Dish: I order the lunch which comes on a banana leaf, with rice and several vegetable curries and then ask for fish curry . you can also for chicken or mutton. and mango lassi to boot.
    rice and vegetable curries are replenished as you like but for me, one round is enough.

lunch time crowd at Selvam selvam chetty rest in malacca menu du jour and tout l jour

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Sri Lakshmi Vilas Restaurant: Great Indian food

by Avieira67 Updated Jan 26, 2008

A good and clean quality indian restaurant located amlost in the centre of Malaca. Here one can find delicious vegetarian dishes.

Favorite Dish: I've tryed chicken, but I prefered a lot vegetarian food.

Address: 2 Jalan Bendahara - 75100 Melaka