Map &

Private Tour: Half-Day Penang Walking Tour
From $66.00

Pub/night club Tips (26)

Wooden Pub - Batu Ferringhi Penang: Pub with wooden furniture and atmosphere

Batu Ferringhi was a good choice to stay at in Penang as this place comes alive at night and our hotel was close to the action. The night markets were fun to wander around.

But after a big of walking, we built up a thirst ;o) So we found ourselves at the pub right next to my favourite restaurant Magic 1.

The Wooden Pub is well known for it's rustic wooden bar and furniture. Coupled with nice lighting and a cozy atmosphere, this pub is the place! :o) Check out the photos.

aussirose's Profile Photo
Mar 22, 2013

High Society Club: High Society Club

Newest nightlife in George town, heritage building. Live, Show band on stage From Thailand with 6 girl singers. Every night was crowded people. DJ in the mix with top 40 hits in time.

Their just grand opening on 22nd March 2012

Dress Code just dress what you need

Mar 24, 2012

Dragon Rock Bistro & Pub: A night to remember

A highly recommended nightspot to visit located in the heart of Bandar Sunway, Seberang jaya in Pulau Pinang. Superb live band playing Classy and energetic music all night long. With one of the hottest deejay around in Penang spinning R n B, House music, Electro House, Trible House and much more.. Also recommended for the cheap promotions prices of beer during Happy Hours and Normal Hours as well. A highly recommended place as it provides a safe environment as well..

Dress Code There are no special attire requirement to enter this premise . Just be youself. Anyway if the club organizes event themes , a special dress code is required to promote customer role playing in the event as well... A night full of fun and joy with endless promotions and events!!!!

Jan 14, 2012

Pub/night club: Upper Jalan Penang

George Town's prime nightlife area is ensconsed on Upper Penang Road, where English pubs like The Tiger Arms and the music pumping nightclubs of Momo, Glo and Slippery Senoritas stay open well into the morning. As well as these you'll also find Penang's hippest eateries along this road which has been pedestrianised. Here you'll find Segafredo Coffee along with candlelit restaurants hosting a range of Western, fusion, Japanese and French cuisines.

Willettsworld's Profile Photo

10-A Jalan Batu Ferringhi, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, 11100, Malaysia
Sebelah Balai Nelayan, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, 11100, Malaysia
Bukit Bendera, Georgetown, Penang, 10450, Malaysia

Pub/night club: Soho Pub

Or to give it its correct name, Soho Freehouse, this lively pub is well located near to the backpacker area of Lebuh Chulia and I popped in here a few times for a relaxing beer. There's a good choice of continental food and beer plus they have pool tables and foosball and TV's downstairs plus a really large one upstairs for watching sports.

Willettsworld's Profile Photo
Aug 16, 2010

Queens Bistro & Kafe: When In Penang.....Do as the Penangites do.

Having bored of the bright lights & disco beat of the Upper Penang Rd I decided I wanted to listen to music that the locals listened to in a venue that was preferably devoid of tourists.
After engaging the opinion of a group of taxi drivers I opted for a 'Dangdut' nightclub called 'Queens' which is situated in the Queensbay Mall area of Penang, taxi cost RM30 from Penang Rd.

I had never heard of Dangdut before & was informatively enlightened that it is a fusion of Indonesian/Malay/Indian music. Intriguing indeed!
As the taxi approached my destination I could already hear the rhythmic beat emanating from this place & I thought WOW, this place rocks!

Upon entering (no cover charge) the welcome I got was both enthusiastic & very friendly & the sound & light system was; well awesome.
The place was packed & the music was definitely different to the regurgitated sounds emitted from the popular Georgetown venues, but best of all there was a live Dangdut Band & they were superb.
The best way to describe Dangdut would be a measured blend of teasing singing, electrified effects, rock guitar, with the gendang drums & flutes clear but not overwhelming in the background.

I felt content that my desire for an alternative night out listening to local music had been fulfilled, it was a fantastic night out & Queens is one venue I would highly recommend especially if you are seeking an alternative music scene.

It Rocks!

Dress Code It did not seem apparent if there were any dress restrictions, there were no indications of any at the entrance & the staff on duty did not inform me of any such restrictions.

I would imagine that smart/casual is the order of the day judging by the attire of other patrons of the establishment.

Apr 29, 2009

Pub/night club Sunset bar and LAB bar: Great Little Spot on Btu Ferringghi Beach

these places are a great little spot for families and non families alike with both places side by side it can get hard to tell which is which
they have a great selection of food and drinks but the cocktails are a bit limited,its is usually a very quiet place with only the gentle lapping of the waves on the beach a great spot to go and enjoy a good beer with your mates.

on most fridays dont be surprised to see about 10-15 white 14-16 year olds from the international school sitting at some tables ordering beers and shots untill all hours of the morning, but dont let this put you off as the students are mostly quiet and polite and keep thier buisness to themselvs. otherwise i your in penang stop off and enjoy this wonderful bar

Dress Code no dress code casual

Feb 09, 2009

Pub/night club: Night Clubbing in Penang

In Penang there are a lot of different night clubs... The biggest part situated at Penang Upper Road.

The area around SOHO is full of "Ladyguys," and there are a lot of western and indian people at Soho. Still its a very nice place with great music and a dancefloor.

Else there is Momo, new opened disco - very nice. Outside it looks like a hotel with beach chairs, lying chairs, live music and good bartenders in the bar.

GLO is also a nice place with dancefloor.

Slippery Senoritas is a great place if you want to catch some live music and modern music in the breakes.

Finally we have Chill Out and Mambo. 3 discos at the same place. You can go from one to another in the same building. Its situated at Gurney Tower and surrounded by Coffe Bean and Starbucks. Really a nice place, but the music is loud.... They play 3 different types of music... Dance, hip hop R`n`b, live music....

Just across the bridge, in Butterworth, there are a big party area too called Auto City. There they have a SOHO 2. And alot of other Disco. At Discovery they play hardcore techno....

Dress Code No dresscode

Jan 28, 2007
SLLiew's Profile Photo

"Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
l_joo's Profile Photo

"Penang - my birthplace"
kenyneo's Profile Photo

"colourful FUSION of culture"

"Penang for Foodies"
cheekychic's Profile Photo

"Penang My Home"

SOHO FREEHOUSE: British Fare with the Most Beer on Taps

Opened 8 years ago and still as popular as ever. Couple of years ago, they opened the second level, after closing down the other branch "SOHO Beach Club @ Batu Ferringhi".So, now you can enjoy two floors of entertainment with different concepts for a splendid night out: ground floor provides up-beat music to party all night long and for people watching, very interesting characters on the ground floor.(If you think it's a girl sitting next to you, do a double take). On the second level, is for those who like to chill out in classy Victorian surroundings.
This has been my wateringhole for 8 years. The reason why I keep going back year after year - it's the people. From the owner Dave, Richard the manager, to DJ Joel and all the other staff have always made me feel so at home in their company. Especially Richard, for all the time that I was there, he has taken care of me, and took me to some of the most fantastic eating places in Penang.

Dress Code Casual, leave the coats and tie in the hotel room!

jo9001's Profile Photo
Sep 20, 2006

Sunset Bistro: Tiger on the Beach

About 100 m from Grand Plaza Park Royal, right on the beach under a big shady tree is SUNSET BISTRO. An ideal setting for an afternoon beer on the beach and as the day winds down, a nice place to relax with your Tiger, and enjoy the sea breeze.
You can either sit at the bar, verandah or right on the beach - that's a front row ticket to an evening sunset.
A chilled Tiger, samosas and chicken wings, is highly recommended.

Dress Code Casual wear, beach wear, but not in your birthday suit.

jo9001's Profile Photo
Sep 19, 2006

Segafredo: The Happening Spot for Yuppies

I guess if you're young, restless and loaded with ringgit in Penang, the best place to hang out would be SegaFredo at Upper Penang Road ( close to E&O hotel). The last time I was there at a long weekend, there were throngs of trendy young locals over there sipping on RM12 expressos and celebrating Halloween at the same time with ghastly face paint . Funny I just don't see the relation between horror and caffeine. As for me, I didn't give a damm how chic this place was and the last thing I wanted to do was to cover my face with faux blood. I was there because I was desperate for a good cuppa and the local brew (RM1) somehow just didn't satiate my caffeine addiction. I needed good strong expresso! After making a couple of checks, I discovered this joint and Gloria Jean's@ The Garage ( right in front of E&O). But I settled for this place as it serves a better range of coffee at cheaper prices and I could have the option of taking my drinks al fresco. Suits me just fine. I had an expresso followed by a choc milkshake ( choc shiok) out in the open and people-watched the whole night long.

Try: The Choc Milkshake, it's thick and deliciously cold and creamy
Avoid:The Tiramisu. Ghastly Taste, no lady's fingers and definitely no Tia Maria.

Dec 29, 2005

SOHO Free House: The Happening Spot in Town for AngMohs(Caucasian)

I suppose this is now the happening spot in town since 20 Leith St has strangely fallen out of vogue. If you want to go a loud and happening place, this is the place ! Loud because you'll constantly hear a whole string of American retro hits being belted out. Happening because you'll see huge crowds of expats, caucasian backpackers and the local yuppies lounging by the ubiquitous pool table and TV set. This whole place is modelled after an English tavern so it'll have some ol' favourites like spinach soup, fish and chips and stout.

Try: This is the only place in town that serves decent Kilkenny Draft Beer. 500ml goes for RM20+ . But since I'm not really a fan of the Irish ale, I went for the best selling Dutch beer.

Happy hours are from 5pm-9pm . We found out later that there was a cover charge (RM10?15?) after 930pm.

Dress Code Casual as casual gets.

Dec 29, 2005

Things To Do Near Penang

Kek Lok Si Temple

South East Asia's biggest Buddhist temple complex, and getting constantly bigger, very crowded, especially at Chinese new year and shops are everywhere.... Get there with Rapid Penang bus 201 from...

Sri Maha-Mariamman Temple

This Hindu temple is one of the oldest Hindu temples in Penang, built in 1833. It is dedicated to the Hindu deity Sri Muthu Mariamman, who has a following among south Indians. It contains fascinating...
Things to Do

Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera)

The Sky Walk Tower is located at your right after about 50 meters when you come out from the tram. It was officially opened by Penang Chief Minister, Honorable Mr. Lim Guan Eng in February 2015. It is...
Things to Do

Penang Butterfly Farm -Closed until Dec, 2015.

In Penang Butterfly Farm, you can walk around freely in and invite all sorts of butterflies on your palm. There are so many butterflies and you enjoy seeing them with colorful wings. Its really an...

Burmese Temple (Dhammikarama)

The Dhammikarama Burmese Temple is just opposite the Thai Reclining Buddha Temple, both founded in the 19th century. This area ( Jalan Burma and Lorong Burma ) may have lived Thai and Burmese people...

Cathedral of the Assumption

The Church of the Assumption was founded when George Town was first settled in 1786. It was so named because the first group of Roman Catholic Eurasians from Kedah landed in Penang that year on the...

Getting to Penang

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!