Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur

4.5 out of 5 stars 272 Reviews

Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia +60 3-2331 8080
Don't miss these tickets and tour deals!
Get best Petronas Twin Towers rates on Viator
    by PeterVancouver

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

Petronas Twin Towers

by Chinggis_n_Borte Updated Jun 18, 2016

The Petronas Twin Towers have become an icon and symbol of Kuala Lumpur.

They are now the tallest twin towers in the world, at 451.9 metres. The buildings are 88 stories high, and the sky bridge between the two towers is at Level 41, with a viewing deck on level 86.

The official website is http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/ where tickets to go up to the Sky Bridge at a designated time can be purchased in advance and online.

Note that the Twin Towers are CLOSED on Mondays. Visiting days are Tuesdays to Sundays from 9.00 am - 9.00 pm except from 1:00pm to 2:30pm on Fridays.

They are also CLOSED on Hari Raya Aidilfitri & Aidiladha.

There is a ticketing counter on the 'CONCOURSE' Level. Issuing of tickets starts from 8.30am and tickets are limited and issued on a first come, first served basis.

I had difficulty registering before purchasing my ticket online, so I emailed them at skybridge@petronas.com.my to explain that I was having difficulty registering and reserving a ticket on their website. Very soon, I received an email in reply, offering assistance by booking a ticket for me for my chosen date and time, which I could then pay for at the Online Ticket collection counter on the Concourse Level prior to my time slot. All I needed to do was take a copy of the email with me.

The day before, when I happened to be at KLCC, I went to the Concourse Level, presented the email and paid for my ticket for the following evening.

On the day, 15 minutes prior to the time slot, they call people for the time slot to line up. There are no more than 40 tickets sold, and they give 20 people one colour pass, and 20 people in the group another colour pass. People pass through security and place backpacks and shopping bags in lockers, before being taken up the lift to the 41st Floor Sky Bridge.

I decided to go up to the Skybridge on a Sunday evening, at 7pm, and this allowed me to see the sun sink into the horizon and the lights start to come on, on the buildings and the streets.

Seeing the orange sun sink and set, the rain against the windows, and the lights begin to come on in the city as the sky grew darker was nice.

We were then taken up to the 86th floor for a further observation.

The architectural design of the towers is not only distinct and striking, but is also a salute to Islam and Islamic geometric principles, Islam being the official religion of Malaysia.

The floor of each tower is based on Islamic geometric forms of two squares which interlock to create the shape of eight-pointed stars.

This represents an Islamic principle of "unity within unity, harmony, stability and rationality".

The pinnacles of each tower are not just for decoration. They actually house aircraft warning lights and external maintenance building equipment such as window washing equipment.

Each pinnacle features a spire with 23 segments, and a ring ball comprised of 14 rings of varying diameters.

The Towers feature multi-faceted walls of 33,000 stainless steel panels and 55,000 glass panels.

There is also a gift shop and the gift shop also sells stamps for the postcards.

The cost for an Adult ticket is 85 Malaysian Ringgits. The cost for a child below 12 is 35 MR, and children below 2 years of age are free. Cheaper ticket prices are available for Malaysian citizens who are holders of MyKad and MyKid cards, but cannot be bought online with those cards on the official website yet.

In the lead up to my trip, I was in two minds whether to go up the Twin Towers. I thought I may prefer to have a view OF them, rather than take a view FROM them. However, I am happy that I chose to go up the Towers, and to go at the time slot that I did, at 7pm. I enjoyed this better than my day time visit to the Menara KL (communications) Tower.

Before my visit up the Towers I had a meal of crispy chicken and rice and a hot lemon drink in a food court in the KLCC complex.

Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre

Directions: Near Kuala Lumpur City Centre and KLCC Rapid LRT station on the Kelana Jaya line.

Website: http://www.petronas.com.my/Pages/default.aspx

The Sky Bridge between the Twin Towers sun setting over Kuala Lumpur up close and from a heght the pinnacles - a zoomed in view from KLTower a view of one tower, as night falls

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Once the world's tallest

by Dabs Written Jan 25, 2016

My only knowledge of Kuala Lumpur before visiting was of the twin towers, it was a big deal here in Chicago when they built them as they displaced the Sears Tower (now officially known as the Willis Tower even if not recognized as such by it's residents) as the world's tallest building. Of course, that title was soon turned over to a building in Taiwan and is now eclipsed by a building in Dubai that is almost twice as tall.

Our guide brought us by in the bus and we got out for a photo, it is much more impressive in person than in photos, it's glimmering silver shimmering in the light and the Asian pagoda like look much more evident in person.

Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre

Directions: Near Kuala Lumpur Tower

Website: http://www.petronas.com.my/Pages/default.aspx

• antistar's Profile Photo

Petronas Towers

by antistar Written Jun 19, 2015

Most of César Pelli's buildings look like a post-modern future as imagined by Fritz Lang in the movie Metropolis. His twin Petronas Towers seem to be a mix of New York Art Deco fused with local Malaysian styles and cast in concrete and glass. You can almost imagine shimmering electrical plasma rings moving up and down the two towers. It's not really my style - too bold and jagged, and not enough grace. It is impressive though. And not easy to forget.

It was once, for about six years, the tallest building in the world. In the first few years the towers were pushed as a cultural phenomenon, even featuring in the blockbuster Hollywood movie Entrapment, like some giant product placement (and mimicked years later by the Burj Dubai in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol). Now the towers seem to be losing their shine - still the tallest twin towers in the world, but falling far behind a soaring competition. The park behind the towers seem to sum up the towers now - once full of ambition, but now fading and lacking interest. There's even a giant playground, built for hundreds, but used by only a few children and looking like its not been touched since 1998.

A trip to the top is worth it though, and probably the most touristy thing you can do in Kuala Lumpur. Try and pick a clear day as it can suddenly get cloudy even on fine days, and if it rains you'll hardly be able to see a thing.

Directions: Take the metro to KLCC

Website: http://www.petronas.com.my/

Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur

• Paulm1987's Profile Photo

The Highest Point in KL

by Paulm1987 Updated Oct 26, 2014

The Iconic Twin Towers which I used to See only on TV and Magazines BUT...............IN June 2014
    I had the privilege to climb up the tallest Twin Towers in the World :) It was worth it and A dream come true. You gotta try it when you're in KL. The views were just awesome.

It was one of the reasons for my visit to Malaysia..PETRONAS TWIN TOWERS :)

Advice : Go early in the morning @ around 8am to book your preferred time or Book online.
    Fee : RM80

Address: KL City Centre, Petronas Twin Towers

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

Petronas Twin Towers VT flag @ the Skybridge View from the Skybridge The neighbourhood 88th Floor viewing Deck

front Plaza of Petronas Towers

by machomikemd Updated Jul 2, 2014

we were strolling around the huge petronas towers compex with my kid brother and cousins and uncle and aunt, in the front plaza and this is a favorite area for people who does not want to spend money to enter the sky bridge of the Observation Deck and also nice activities do have a panoramic photograph of the Petronas Tower Complex. On A Revisit, Me and the Wolpac just posed here instead of going to the Sky Bridge or Observation Deck.

The Petronas Tower was formerly the World's Tallest Building was but beaten by the Taipei 101 and recently by the Burj Al Khalifa Tower in Dubai. they were designed by the Argentinean-American architect Cesar Pelli. Completed in 1997. The twin towers house Petronas, Malaysia's government-owned oil company, as well as associated Malaysian firms and multinational companies and around the complex is the Suria KLCC shopping mall and the KLCC Park (unfortunately I did not have time to stroll around both huhuhuhu). The towers are linked to one another through a skybridge on 41st and 42nd floors. The bridge has a height of 170m and a length of 58m. Visitors can visit the skybridge for free by getting the passes which are handed out everyday from 8:30am onwards except on Monday but for tourist like us, the option is to buy the tickets at the ticket counter for 10 RM each!!! again we did not know that there was an Observation deck at Tower 2 at the 82nd floor that only goes for RM 40 per person, too bad for us!

The towers are open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm daily

Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malays

Directions: the PUTRA LRT to KLCC station

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

me huh view motto fountain
    • Theme Park Trips

Inside the petronas complex

by machomikemd Updated Jul 2, 2014

the view inside the huge Petronas Tower and Complex. The Petronas Tower was formerly the World's Tallest Building was but beaten by the Taipei 101 and recently by the Burj Al Khalifa Tower in Dubai. they were designed by the Argentinean-American architect Cesar Pelli. Completed in 1997. The twin towers house Petronas, Malaysia's government-owned oil company, as well as associated Malaysian firms and multinational companies and around the complex is the Suria KLCC shopping mall and the KLCC Park (fortunately, on a revisit to KL, I did have time to stroll around both, finally!).

Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur

Directions: Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

pose lobby to sky bridge ticket pass

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Petronis Building

by PeterVancouver Updated Jun 28, 2014

The Petronis Towers were, for six years, from 1998 to 2004 the tallest building in the world with an overall height of 457m, and the top floor being 375m from the ground. It is unique in that on the 41 & 42nd floor there is a double deck skybridge which is not actually connected securely to either tower, enabling the structure to move in high winds, and heat expansion and in addition serves as an emergency exit should fire break out in one of the towers.

The building which is structurally made of stainless steel was designed by the Argentinian architect Caesar Pelli and has 88 floors served by 78 elevators serving the retail outlets and offices above. The ground and lowers floors are almost exclusively of high end retail outlets. If you wish to go up in the tower, tickets are available each day from 08.30am to 20.30pm (except Mondays when closed) on a first come first served basis and you must get there early to ensure you have a chance of obtaining one

Address: So tall you cant miss it in central KL

Directions: 1000m down Jalan P Ramlee & jalan Sultan Ismail junction

Phone: +60 (3) 2331 8080

Petronis from Shangi La pool Petronis with Shangri la in foreground

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Front of Petronas Tower View (part 2)

by machomikemd Written May 28, 2014

this time with pictures of my mates, the wolfpac in front of Petronas Towers, this time on a revisit, access to the sky deck is not included in the package.

the huge petronas towers complex has a large front plaza and this is a favorite area for people who does not want to spend money to enter the sky bridge of the Observation Deck and also nice activities do have a panoramic photograph of the Petronas Tower Complex. (and a nice waterjets display too).

The Petronas Tower was formerly the World's Tallest Building was but beaten by the Taipei 101 and recently by the Burj Al Khalifa Tower in Dubai (of which I'vew visited recently). they were designed by the Argentinean-American architect Cesar Pelli. Completed in 1997. The twin towers house Petronas, Malaysia's government-owned oil company, as well as associated Malaysian firms and multinational companies and around the complex is the Suria KLCC shopping mall and the KLCC Park (this time I had time to stroll around Suria KLCC and some of the gardens and artifiial lakes at the back).

The towers are open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm daily

Address: Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malays

Directions: Kuala Lumpur City Centre 50088 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

wolfpac the reflecting pool front zoom more zoom

• Anniko's Profile Photo

The Petronas Twin Towers Complex

by Anniko Updated Jan 24, 2014

Soaring to a height of 451.9 meters, the 88-storey twin structure of the Petronas Towers is Kuala Lumpur's crown jewel. A sky bridge at levels 41 and 42 links the two towers, at 170 meters above street level. The attraction is open to visitors between 9am - 9pm every Tuesday to Sunday. Best to purchase a ticket online to avoid the queue. There's only a limited number of passes allocated per day.

Directly beneath the Petronas Twin Towers is Suria KLCC, a luxurious shopping mall with over 320 stores, catering for middle class Malaysians and tourists. Items in the glitzy shops feature name brands, and are expensive. However, they’re worth viewing for the sake of window shopping. What appealed to us though, were the huge food courts, such as ‘Signatures’, offering a variety of Asian meals at reasonable prices.

The whole complex is surrounded by a scenic park of lush greenery. This is the best place to view the Petronas Twin Towers, and a relaxing oasis in the city’s heart. The dancing fountains are mesmerizing, but become particularly stunning at night, when synchronized with colored lights and music.

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my

• Luxury Travel

Add to your Trip Planner
  • petronas twin tower the best experience

by charlesbrown103 Written Jan 5, 2014

it was a great experience travelling to malaysia and travelling to petronas twin tower. It such a huge building . And to go up and experience it was great. It feels top of the world to experience it from top you feel like every thing is so small from the top. And perhaps its the best part of kuala lumpur.

Address: www.bookmytours.asia

• Theme Park Trips
    • Aquarium

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

They're still there

by IreneMcKay Written Oct 26, 2013

We revisited the twin towers at night. We walked there using the air-conditioned walkway from outside the Pavillion Shopping Mall. The towers look beautiful and dramatic when lit up at night. There were lots of people around taking photos.

The World Famous Twin Towers at night

• davidjo's Profile Photo

PETONAS TOWERS---go early

by davidjo Updated Jul 9, 2013

UPDATE---you can now by tickets online now https://eticket.petronastwintowers.com.my/
    WARNING-- do not buy tickets online from any type of agency as the tickets may not be recognised.

On our recent trip to KL we were most disappointed that we were unable to take the tour of the towers, probably due to our own fault. We walked by the Petronas Towers on Sunday evening and after asking the security guard we were informed that you must get there early in the morning to guarantee taking the tour as only 900 visitors are allowed each day. Monday morning we skipped breakfast and arrived there at 6.30 only to discover that there are no tours on Mondays, so next morning we arrived at 7 am, took our place in line, but unfortunately we realised that we wouldn't have the time as we were flying out that afternoon. The first few people go on the first tour and as the queue arrives at the ticket counter, the later you are , the later your tour will be. SO, if you are thinking of a tour, get there early to avoid disappointment.

PETRONAS TOWERS

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia

by TrendsetterME Written Jun 8, 2013

Well, if you look from the window of your hotel room, their size seems to be ok, but if you walk and get close by, you acknowledge that they are huge ... :)

On 41th floor there is a Skybridge combining the two towers as designed to move several inches in heavy winds to protect the building construction.

At the lower level, the Petronas Towers also include a concert hall that is home to the Malaysian Philharmonic and a business reference library.

Directions: Take a train from any station within Klang Valley area and make your way to KLCC Station (KJ10).

Website: http://www.petronastwintowers.com.my/

Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia
    • Festivals

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Petronas Twin Towers

by Cathy&Gary Written Apr 12, 2013

The Petronas Twin Towers are now not the tallest buildings in the word, but the double decker sky bridge connecting the two towers at the 41st and 42nd floors are the highest 2 storey bridges in the world. T

he 2 bridges are not attached to the main towers but are designed to slide into and out of the towers to prevent the bridges from breaking in high winds.

There is an observation deck on the 86th floor.

We chose not to go up the towers as it is an amazing sight just to see them from the street.

Petronas Twin Towers Petronas Twin Towers Petronas Twin Towers Petronas Twin Towers Petronas Twin Towers

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Petronas Twin Towers - amazing architecture

by aussirose Updated Mar 23, 2013

Ahhh the Petronas Towers!! ..... a definate must see when visiting KL :o)

Well finally, on our third trip to KL, hubby and I took some night shots of the towers from the Sky Bar in the Traders Hotel. This was a tip that was given to me by Chia (chiabh).

We also stayed at the Traders and I recommend it.... but more about that in my accommodation tips.

This tip is not your usual cut and paste history lesson - you can visit google for that. This is an aussirose impression of the towers. And in all honesty, I would never get bored of looking at them. I think the Twin Towers are up there with the world's best City Icons and every time I come to KL I get excited when I see them :o)

Website: http://www.skyscraperpicture.com/twintowers.htm

Petronas Twin Towers at Night by aussirose Petronas Twin Towers Frm Traders Sky Bar aussirose Petronas Twin Towers at Night by aussirose Petronas Twin Towers at Night by aussirose KL Twin Towers Fountain Light Show by aussirose

Instant Answers: Kuala Lumpur