Map &

Kuala Lumpur Tour including Petronas Twin Towers
From $98.00

Driving Tips (9)

Get the right pump!

Hopefully this one won't fool you - it came very close to getting me! Unlike in the UK, where petrol comes from green pumps and diesel from black and yellow, the opposite is true here. Diesel is green, petrol (RON 95) yellow and black.

Gyppo's Profile Photo
Gyppo
Sep 27, 2015

Driving in KL on weekend and public holiday

Driving in KL on weekdays and weekend is a totally different experience. I prefer to avoid the traffic jam so I normally come to KL after weekdays. I ever experience traffic jam in KL sitting in a taxi. I did drive tail to tail in high speed on Federal Highway because to keep following the leading car in front, if not, the distance in front of me soon be taken by other vehicles and I am left far behind. Driving in KL on weekend and public holidays, occupying the taxi and bus lane is not an offend. On some road, there are Zebra Crossing Lines for pedestrians.

DaHongHua's Profile Photo
DaHongHua
May 20, 2013

Kuala Lumpur by Private Car

If you need a private driver with a large car to take up to 6 people then I highly recommend Patrick. The day trip down to Melaka with Patrick was wonderful and he took good care of us, showing us the sights. We hired him again to take us to the airport for Pulau Tioman and again to pick us up and drive us to the international airport.

Update 2013 - On our recent trip we looked up Patrick again and spent a few days with him visiting Melaka again, Crab Island and the Fireflies and Monkeys again. When Patrick picked us up at KLIA, he brought me a nice bunch of red roses :o) What a lovely gift! Thanks my friend! Next time we come, I will bring you a couple of bottles of the best Margaret River Red Wine. :o)

I totally recommend that you have Patrick drive you around. He can be contacted on the email address below. Please tell him that aussirose Ann from Perth said to say hello :o)

aussirose's Profile Photo
aussirose
Mar 23, 2013

Drink & Drive Driver Service?

I won't give any assurance on this as I have not tried it myself. Came upon their site while searching for info on safer public transportation for tourist. What I think I can do is, I'll contact them AFTER I have built up my KL site and show them, tell them about VT and hope they can make us a VT deal maybe.

31Aug's Profile Photo
31Aug
Apr 04, 2011

Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Kuala Lumpur

Hotels
1 Persiaran Ledang, off Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50480, Malaysia
Hotels
69 Jln Haji Hussein Off Jln Tuankku Abdul Rahman Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, 50300, Malaysia
Hotels
79, Lorong Haji Hussein 2, off Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz,, Kuala Lumpur, 50300, Malaysia
Hotels
65 Jalan Haji Hussein, off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur, 50300, Malaysia
Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, Kuala Lumpur, 50300, Malaysia
46 Lorong Haji Hussein Satu, off Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz

Self-drive to Kuala Lumpur

If you own a car, why not try taking a short drive up north to Kuala Lumpur. It takes about three to five hours depending on the speed you are driving.

You will need to pay SGD1.20 at the Singapore custom counter using your cashcard and cash, RM2.60 at Malaysia custom counter if you are taking the Woodlands causeway.

There is a short toll of RM2.10 before you reach the first toll. Take the ticket and continue your drive to Kuala Lumpur. The toll charge for private car from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur is RM41.30

kelnsha's Profile Photo
kelnsha
Apr 04, 2011

Van to KL Tower

There's a free shuttle ride to Menara Tower. Just go to the main gate of the tower at Jalan Puncak. The gate is about 10-minute walk from the Bukit Nanas Station via the KL Monorail. The shuttle ride is available from 9am to 6pm at 15-minute intervals. Scheduled shuttle transfers are also available from major hotels to the tower.

limledi's Profile Photo
limledi
Feb 26, 2010

Driving to KL from the south (Singapore or JB)

Feel like indulging in creamy, mouth watering, delicious Baskin Robbins ice-cream while driving along the North South Highway to KL?

Take the Air Keruh exit, you will find a standalone Baskin Robbins outlet.

Take note that it's the AIR KERUH exit and NOT the one with the 'Jejantas' (restaurant bridge across the highway). The AIR KERUH exit is just before the Jejantas exit so if you see the Jejantas exit, then you've already overshot.

However, on the way back from KL to Singapore/JB, the Baskin Robbins outlet is at the Jejantas exit.

Avya's Profile Photo
Avya
Oct 26, 2007

Don't You Dare Drive In K Lumpur !

It's better for the traveller to take public transport like buses and taxis, even though your own car would be time-saving and more convenient.

The other well-seasoned drivers might give you a fright !

And if you happen to be in one of those infamous "floods" you'd surely be in trouble.

gnh's Profile Photo

chiabh

"Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
mansionion's Profile Photo

mansionion

"KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
Kaynisa's Profile Photo

Kaynisa

"-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
Audrey118's Profile Photo

Audrey118

"I grew up here!!!"

Heritage Limo's to and around Kuala Lumpur

getting around Malaysia

They pamper you with Malaysian courtesy and at budgeted rate with luxury machine to take you around to your destiny in sheer comfort.. Only RM 100.00 - RM 140.00 To KL. . New MPV limos ,ever ready to serve. The drivers has been trained to assist your journey.
The care and services has always been a way to show their inherited culture.

yudiserve
Feb 06, 2006

Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur

Hop On, Hop Off Bus

I would suggest the best way to see KL, is on the hop on/off double decker tour Bus which has a glass top roof. You can catch it at Petronas towers or at any other Bus stop on the route . Look for a...

National Art Gallery

National Virtual Arts Gallery is near the Tasik Titiwangsa (Lake), around 6KM north of City Centre. The current Art Gallery building has been operating since 1998. Previously, the National Art Gallery...

Hard Rock Café

Located about five to ten minute walk from the Menara Telecom Tower, I decided to stop by the Kuala Lumpur's Hard Rock Cafe,and as it was an exceedingly hot and humid day, I was looking forward to a...

KL Tower - Menara Telecommunications Tower

Menara KL, the KL tower, is one of the two landmarks of KL, and I've finally gotten around to reviewing it due to a recent re-visit. 420m tall, and opened to the public in 1996, Menara KL was...

Petronas Twin Towers

The Petronas Twin Towers have become an icon and symbol of Kuala Lumpur. They are now the tallest twin towers in the world, at 451.9 metres. The buildings are 88 stories high, and the sky bridge...

Dewan Filharmonik Petronas

Even if you are not a fan of classical music, it is worth making a trip to this hall just to have a look at the ID and architecture. The design is world class and you will be amazed by the beauty. The...

Getting to Kuala Lumpur

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map