Mongolia Travel Guide

0,1,0

Ulaanbaatar

• Mughul Restaurant

Ulaanbaatar Restaurants

Mughul is a new, centrally located restaurant that serves authentic Indian and Hazara cuisine. They have a wide variety of food, including many vegetarian options - all of which are delicious. It is also a great venue for accommodating groups or for hosting special events. It's affordable prices and high quality food make it the best value Indian...

• Bayangol Hotel

Ulaanbaatar Hotels

I stayed here for a couple of nights - the first and last night’s of my Mongolian tour. This 4-star...

• Government Palace (Mongolia)

Ulaanbaatar Things to Do

Government PalacePhoto taken by: BorteDate taken:Thursday, ‎4 ‎November ‎2010, ‏‎ 09:01:07 AM This is such an immense building located downtown Ulaanbaatar the capital city of Mongolia. It is actually on the touristy area called Chinggis Square which is on the North side of the square. When we came here , we witnessed...

Harhorin

• Bus from Harhorin to Tsetserleg

Harhorin Transportation

There is no connection by bus from Harhorin Bus Station to Tsetserleg. You need to wait in the street for the bus coming from Ulaanbaatar Dragon Bus Station to Tsetserleg. I was informed this bus was passing Harhorin about 01:30 PM, as it leaves from the capital at 08:00. I was waiting for it near the bridge, opposite of Harhorin Bus Station.I was...

• Black Market

Harhorin Things to Do

This market is perhaps the best place to find and buy clothes in Harhorin. I was looking for a jacket and I have found it here and for a good price.There are some guanz worth a visit for breakfast and light meals.

• Huushuur and milk tea

Harhorin Restaurants

This is not the right place to taste the traditional Mongolian huushhur made with sheep meat. Anyway, they have huusshur with meat and also with sausage. It is a kind of fast food. I tryed both kind and I liked the taste.The ambience and service were good.

Tsetserleg

• Bus from Tsetserleg to Tariat

Tsetserleg Transportation

There is a daily bus from Tsetserleg to Tariat. It departs at 19:00 from the bus station, near the petrol station.The ticket costs 15.000 TG (Octobre, 2014). Pay direclty to the driver when you leave the bus. The road conditions are good and the trip takes about 4 hours.

• Mongolian Food

Tsetserleg Restaurants

This was my place to eat when I visited this charming city.For lunch I ordered meat with rice, nariin mahan huurga; for dinner, I had no idea what I was ordering. I tryed kimbab. It is sushi.This small restaurant has a good ambience and is managed by kind people. They serve good portions and the food is really tasty.About the location, one foot...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Tsetserleg? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Hatgal

• Eat with locals!

Hatgal Restaurants

This was the first restaurant I have visited in Hatgal for lunch. I have found here a good ambience and service. The food was traditional and tasty.I wanted to try other restaurants, but I have found all of them closed.

• Two days horse ride

Hatgal Things to Do

When I arrived at MS-Guesthouse I was looking for information to visit the reindeer people. Unfortunately I couldn't visit this people as they had moved to another place far away and, as I was travelling alone, should not be possible to go to the new place by jeep. It was necessary more time and to spend a lot of money.Then, I was advisable to take...

• Vodka and Apetizers

Hatgal Restaurants

When we arrived at Gurt, an amazing place near the lake, we were warmly received by a local family. They were very busy beacuse of a wedding the following day. In my wooden ger, they were making baked sheep. Many apetizers were given to us, including sweets, cheese, hard yogurt along with milk tea. They also offerd us yak and Hövsgöl vodka. I was...

Ogiy Nuur

• Rowing boat

Ogiy Nuur Things to Do

Here's a photo of my guide standing by some rowing boats moored up by the side of the lake. We took one out for about 30 minutes which was rowed by a young chap from our ger camp. There's not much to see beside or on the lake itself.

• Ogii Lake

Ogiy Nuur Things to Do

Ogyi Nuur, or Ogii Lake, is a large lake located about 65km north of Harhorin and about 300km east of Ulaanbaatar on the road to the Arhangay provincial capital of Tsetserleg. The lake measures a length of about 8km by a width of 5km and has a surface area of 25.7 sq km. I came here on the 4th day of my 12-day tour around Mongolia and stayed the...

• Horses around Ogii Lake

Ogiy Nuur Things to Do

Our ger camp beside Ogii Lake was surrounded by dozens of horses, some of them very young foals who were a bit dodgy on their legs. The reason why there's so many of them is due to the fact that they belong to a nomadic family nearby. More photos of them can be found in the travelogues.

Moron

• Black Market

Moron Things to Do

I always like to visit markets for many reasons: to meet the locals, to see the colours, to buy souvenirs, to eat with the locals...I was well surprised when I met at the market the man I had travelled the previous day by minibus from Jargalant to Mörön. He was along with his family.I have found the people at this market very kind and hepful.

• Bus from Mörön to Ulaanbaatar

Moron Transportation

There are daily evening buses from Mörön to Ulaanbaatar. Ticket costs 32.000 TG (Octobre, 2014). First bus departs at 14:00 and the 690 km trip takes about 14 hours. I made it. My bus departed at 15:00 and arrived at Dragon Bus Station, Ulaanbaatar, at 04:30.

• Huushuur & Soustai budaa

Moron Restaurants

I loved to have a lunch at this charming café. The ambience and service are excellent.I ordered three huushuur, fried dumplings, and coustai budaa, rice salad. Certainly, it was served with milk tea.The food was really tasty!NextLast

Gurvan Sayhan Uul

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo

The flaming cliffs

by jorgejuansanchez Written Aug 28, 2015

Do not forget to ask the driver to make a stop in the flaming cliffs. It is worth. There are people selling souvenirs.
    You can also make a trekking around the canyon.

• Adventure Travel

Add to your Trip Planner

Gachuurt

• SNIFF THE SNUFF

Gachuurt Local Customs

Mongolian men carry with them a snuff bottle, filled with snuff, a sort of tobacco powder. A custom upon meeting friends is to exchange their snuff bottles with the other men. Unscrew the cap. Take the little ladel which is attached to the cap and scoop out a miniscule spoonful of the powder. Place it on your finger and sniff the powder. If you...

• INSIDE THE GER

Gachuurt Local Customs

Entering the ger, one should walk clock-wise around it. There are standard places to put things. The stove is in the middle. On the left, upon entering, is where they put the horse saddles and other related items. In the back-ground is the family chest. To the right of the family chest is the bed. On the right side of the door is the kitchen area....

• WILD HORSES

Gachuurt Warnings and Dangers

My impression is that horses in Mongolia are wilder. During our stay at Gachuurt, the kind Mongolians offered to let us ride their horses to cross a river or whatever. However, in one incident, a horse with my friend Pablo on it panicked and galloped away at top speed. Pablo steered the horse to a slow-down and jumped! He managed to get out of this...

Altay

• Downtown Altai

Altay Things to Do

I had several hours to stroll around and I got to discover the city quite well. But the museum was closed.

• Bus station

Altay Transportation

In this staion there was a cafeteria offering buuz and tea. You never know if you get a ride untill Khovd because sometimes the bus coming from Ulaanbaatar does not stop there if full. No problem if you are heading to Ulaanbaatar, there are several buses a day for that destination.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Altay? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Top Mongolia Hotels

Ulaanbaatar Hotels
325 Reviews - 984 Photos

Instant Answers: Mongolia

Comments

Mongolia

Plan a Mongolia vacation with reviews, tips and photos posted by real travelers and Mongolia locals