More Places to eat in Mandalay

Most Viewed Restaurants in Mandalay

Min Maha: For breakfast

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 18, 2016

Este é, infelizmente, um dos muitos cafés onde nos deparamos com trabalho infantil. Mesmo em frente ao Mercado Central Zeygo há um outro com o mesmo tipo de mão de obra.

This is, unfortunately, one of the many caffes where we can find children working. Just in front of Zeigyo Central Market there is another one with children's labour.

Tootoo: Traditional Burmese Food

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 18, 2016

Este é um dos restaurantes onde podemos encontrar comida tradicional birmanesa. Os birmaneses adoram fritos e botam muito óleo.
    Pela primeira vez que experimentei o molho de peixe, feito com camarão, não gostei nada. O cheiro e o gosto são muito fortes. Aconselho-o/a a usar muito pouco desse molho.

This is one of the restaurants where we can find traditional Burmese food. They love to fry and add a lot of oil!
    The first time I tryed the fish sauce, made with shrimps, I didn't like it. The smell and tast are very strong. I advise you to use only a little bit of this sauce.

Favorite Dish: Experimentei carneiro. A comida estava muito boa.
    Gostei do serviço e do ambiente, mas o único local era o meu condutor da mota.
    Falando do preço, acho que estava um pouco inflacionado.

I have tryed mouton. The food was very good.
    I liked the service and the ambience, but the only local was my motorbike guide.
    About the price, I think is was a little bit overpriced.

Ngwe Paung Kha: A great local restaurant

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 18, 2016

Se não me trai a memória, encontrei este restaurante local perto da estação rodoviária.
    Para os que sabem a língua birmanesa, o endereço pode ser lido na capa da ementa.

If I am not wrong, I have found this local restaurant close to the bus station.
    For those who know the Burmese language, the address can be read at the menu cover page.

Favorite Dish: Pedi qualquer coisa com bambu fermentado. A comida estava deliciosa.
    I ordered something with fermented bamboo. The food was delicious.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

VE VE-9 (1) DAGON BEER STATION: OUR FIRST MEAL IN MYANMAR WAS A REAL TREAT

by davidjo Written Mar 10, 2016

I am not suggesting that you make a special trip to this restaurant as there are plenty of good places to eat but if you are staying nearby you might be surprised at the good food that is served here. It was just around the corner from the Yoe Yoe Lay Guest House where we were staying and as we had been walking around Mandalay the whole day we did not want to go far. The guest house had a list of nearby restaurants posted on the wall. The premises was typically Burmese and most of the customers were male, with only a few females dining there. It is more of a place where the local guys go for a few beers and some food. As soon as we entered we were given a menu in English, with perhaps a choice of 20 meals. My wife chose vegetable fried rice and as cauliflower costs a fortune where we live i ordered cauliflower and chicken. Ten minutes later the meals appeared and we were given chopsticks, My wife thought her fried rice was a little oily but my meal was excellent with a good portion of cauliflower along with small pieces of chicken (no bones ). I did not have a beer on this occasion but draught Dagon Beer was 700 kyat a glass (55 cents). And the price of the meal---2,000 kyat each ($1.60) !!!!!!

DELICIOUS TREAT THE RESTAURANT DRAUGHT BEER SIMPLE PLACE

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Rainbow Restaurant: Great Bar and Restaurant

by stevemt Updated Aug 8, 2015

A great place for a cooling drink and a meal. Great place to people watch as well

Well placed for people looking and general relaxation.

Prices are good, staff are friendly, really a nice place to relax and rehydrate in :)

• SMILER BBQ & Restaurant: Best traditional Myanmar Curries and BBQ

by Natthar Updated Mar 3, 2011

If you visit Mandalay don't miss SMILER BBQ & Restaurant with traditional Myanmar food, BBQ and fresh cold draft beer.
    The restaurant is clean, food is delicious, staff is always very polite and friendly. Vegetable and meat is bought daily fresh from the morning market.
    The owner speak English fluently and is always courteous, friendly. If you need assistance to book a car for a trip, need some advice for sightseeing or something else don't hesitate to ask the owner.

Not easy to find. Location:
    NN 18/61, San Pyan Road and corner 63rd Street Sat Hmu (1), Industry Zone 1, Pyi Gyi Township, Mandalay, Myanmar

Favorite Dish: Best BBQ in town, delicious curry and fried rice with vegetables and chicken.
    Cooking with drinking water only. Meat and vegetables were kept in the refrigator during the day.

SMILER - BBQ & Restaurant, Mandalay address in Burmese to show the driver

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

On the staircase to Mandalay Hill: A delicious snack

by hydronetta Written Jan 9, 2007

On the way up to Mandalay Hill we got dissapointed climbing up and never reaching the top.... so we reached half way and then due to limited time we decided to start descending. On the way we had these lovely fleshly fried snacks made of rice and served with honey. Delicious, cheap and just the right thing to slow down our hunger. We had the chance to discuss with the owner's relative who spoke decent english (we even helped her a bit with her english lessons) and her young sibling who was happily playing around. A lot of these people have made these staircase as a living place as well.

• albaaust's Profile Photo

Aya Myit Tar Myanmar Restaurant: Not a good experience

by albaaust Written Sep 2, 2006

Our guide recommended this restaurant as serving authentic Burmese food and it is in the Lonely Planet guide.

When we got there there were certainly a lot of local people eating. As soon as we arrived the waiters brought various soups, vegetable dishes and condiments on top of what we ordered. It cetainly looked nice (see photo).

However, on arrival my husband smelt something not nice (durian maybe) and when my brother took a couple of mouthfuls he could not eat any more so it was a big disappointment.
    We left most of it!

Look at all the different condiments
    • Religious Travel

• prikje's Profile Photo

Ayeyarwady scene: Mandalay by the ayeyarwady river

by prikje Updated Mar 16, 2006

Our first evening in Mandalay , allready late when we were ready to go out for dinner.
    We asked our driver to bring us to a nice restaurant with a view.
    So we ended up in this restaurant which name says all there is to say : restaurant with scene over the ayeyarwady river.It was black dark so no view for us to enjoy.
    The same can be said about the food : spring rolls , crisp duck and fried shrimp we shared .
    Little or no taste,ancient traditional dances on the background very nice to see but didn't made the food taste better.

ayeyarwady scene restaurant Mandalay

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

U-Bein Bridge, Sunset: Mandalay, restaurant with a view on the bridge

by chrisvandenbroucke Written Feb 2, 2004

We asked and got fried curry and got a lovely plate with rice, vegetables and meat.
    We sat in the garden of the restaurant, near the water and were the only clients (at 2.30 pm, that's normal).
    The whole family came to watch if we liked what they had served and when I did the international 'thumb up' sign, they laughed and were satisfied.
    This is what I call diminishing the culture gap and traveling in a responsable way

• herzog63's Profile Photo

You can make up a name!: The street food is the BEST!

by herzog63 Written Apr 6, 2003

This guy is getting is skiddle ready for the breakfast crowd. He will be making chapati type breads and tea! A great place for a breakfast! Most times breakfast will cost about US$.20 cents. So it won't break your wallet to eat here. I know some of you are paranoid of street food but for the most part the food is quite safe. I've gotten worse cases of the squirts from my local McDonalds then I did in Myanmar!!

Breakfast
    • School Holidays

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Inn Thar Lay Restaurant: Inn Thar Lay Restaurant

by gabriellefox Updated Aug 25, 2002

Clean toilets!

Good food, good service, good price.

Favorite Dish: Prawn Curry and Rice, their hot soup is really good too!

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Aung Padamyar Indian...

by gabriellefox Written Aug 25, 2002

Aung Padamyar Indian Restaurant
    Clean toilets.

Although this place is out in the sticks it is very popular, we had to wait for a table.

Favorite Dish: Tried a bit of everything, and it was fantastic.

Mandalay Hotels

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Mandalay Hill Resort
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Mandalay

Comments

Mandalay Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mandalay locals.
Map of Mandalay