Motorbike / Scooter / Moped, Mandalay

• Motorbike / Scooter / Moped
    by Avieira67
    Mr. Than Tun
    by Avieira67

Know about this? Rate It!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

HOW A BOUT RENTING A MOTORBIKE ?

by davidjo Written Mar 17, 2016

We tried to rent a motorbike for the afternoon at our guest house but there were all taken so they telephoned Dreamland Guest House and Motorbike Rentals and within 10 minutes one of their workers picked me up and took me to the office, then returned to collect my wife. I believe that the cheapest rate for the most inexpensive bike was 10,000 (manual gears) but we rented an automatic which is normally 12,000 kyat a day, but we only required it for half day so we were charged 5,000 kyat. Your passport must be deposited but i was never asked to show a driving license and i am not sure if we were even insured while we were riding the streets. The bike, although different from my own bike was easy to handle as it was an automatic. We were reminded to lock it every time we parked the bike. We roamed around the city and saw quite a few places that we had not seen before including the jade market.Once we returned the bike the same young lady took us to our guest house 2-3 kms away.
    Dreamland is on the corner of 69th and 37th Streets.
    SEE THE CARD IN PHOTO 3 FOR TELEPHONE NUMBERS

CHINESE BIKE, NOT WHAT I AM USED TO! DREAMLAND BUSINESS CARD MOTORBIKE PRICE LIST

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Avieira67's Profile Photo

Motorbike around Mandalay

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 22, 2013

Renting a motorbie with or without driver is a good option to visit tourist places around Mandalay. Usually, three places are worth a visit in one day: Sagaing, Inwa and Amarapura. For a whole day, a motorbike with driver is about 15.000 Ks, while without driver is 10.000 Ks. Sincerely, I advise you to rent it with driver.
    One of the motorbike driver I recommend is Than Tun. He has no mobile phone contact, but you can contact him through his friend Mgo Twint, mobile: 33060913. He told me I was the first Portuguese he knew in his life. I have found him a very honest person. He can speak well English and I am asking you to give him a chance. I met him close to the bus station.

Phone: 33060913