Nyaungshwe Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nyaungshwe

PWE TAW WIN, NATURE'S RESTAURANT: OUT OF TOWN BUT CLOSE TO NATURE

by davidjo Written Mar 22, 2016

This lovely restaurant was very near our guest house but we only went to the place one time to have a drink and look at the garden where there were many orchids as well as extensive vegetable gardens. Besides the restaurant there were 7 or 8 native huts where you could eat in private if you liked. We did not eat but we did see trays of food being brought to 5 ladies in a private hut. It looked good but all the food was Burmese or maybe Shan.

Address: YONE GYI ROAD

PRIVATE HUTS THE RESTAURANT BEER AND SNACK THE MENU

LIVE DIMSUM HOUSE RESTAURANT: BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN

by davidjo Written Mar 22, 2016

We decided to eat here just before we caught the overnight bus to Yangon. We had walked past the restaurant several times but i am not really a dimsum fan so we did not consider it until now. However we were very pleased with the meal as my wife had some lovely crispy vegetables with plain rice while i had some dimsums with sweetcorn soup. The owner was a lady and we enjoyed speaking with her.

Address: 43 YONE GYI ROAD

Website: https://www.facebook.com/livedimsumhousemm

MIXED VEGETABLES THE RESTAURANT CORN SOUP DIMSUMS

SIN YAW RESTAURANT: PRETTY GOOD SHAN FOOD

by davidjo Updated Mar 22, 2016

The previous night we ate at another restaurant on the other side of the road but while we were waiting i popped across the road to take a look at the menu card at the Sin Yaw. By the way Sin Yaw is some type of bird that can be seen flying over Inle Lake, similar to a gull. My wife chose mixed vegetables while i chose some type of fried rice. Both were good and for once my wife was not complaining about the amount of oil in her meal. Service was good and the staff spoke good English and were very friendly, always asking how did we enjoy the meal.

We returned here a couple of days later and i tried the Shan Herbal Tea which was not so bad. On each table there were raw sugar lumps that were produced from the sugarcane

Address: YONE GYI ROAD

RAW SUGAR LUMPS FROM THE SUGARCANE SHAN HERBAL TEA

INDRA: A JOLLY GOOD INDIAN MEAL

by davidjo Written Mar 21, 2016

My wife is not so keen on Indian Food so i had an opportunity to eat here while she went off for a traditional massage. The restaurant is very simple but clean. The lady who owns it was very helpful by explaining the different sauces available. I decided to go for the vegetable curry with chapatis which also came with four side dishes. It was excellent, and i even ordered two more chapatis and the owner refused to charge me for them. The meal came in 15 minutes and i wish i could have returned here again.

Address: YONE GYI STREET

Directions: ONE BLOCK AFTER THE MARKET ON YOUR RIGHT HEADING SOUTH

A VEGETABLE CURRY, 4 SIDES AND CHAPATIS THE SIMPLE RESTAURANT

THE NIGHT MARKET: AN ECONOMIC MEAL

by davidjo Written Mar 21, 2016

The night market is near the intersection of Yone Gyi Road and Main Road, opening late afternoon. I guess there were around 10-115 stalls there selling food from as cheap as 1,000 kyat. There were a few foreigners eating there but we were being extremely careful when it came to eating as so many foreigners had been sick and we wanted to avoid this. I must admit that some of the food on offer looked quite good, but had it been in Thailand we would have eaten !

GLAD THERE IS ENGLISH MENU LOOKS GOOD ANOTHER STALL BBQ STICKS AND DESERT

RIVER WOOD, BIG DRUM: A BEER BY THE RIVER , WONDERFUL VIEW

by davidjo Written Mar 21, 2016

We had walked around the town for a few hours and were looking for a place to shelter in the shade but all cafes by the river wanted 4,000 or more for a beer. From the other side we spotted a small cafe with umbrella shades and decided to cross the bridge and investigate the place. The owner was pleased to see us and i was surprised that the Myanmar Beer was only 2,000 kyat, perhaps the cheapest in Nyaungshwe. I ordered a beer and my wife ordered a fruit juice, but it was rather strange as the owner sent a boy out to buy the beer. We later found out that they owned a small shop around the corner. The name River Wood Big Drum was kind of strange but apparently they had a guest house next door called River Wood and the cafe/restaurant had been called Big Drum at one time but i noticed that the name had been painted over. Anyway there was a lovely little terrace with a couple of tables just overlooking the river so you could sit and watch the activity of the locals as boats raced up and down. I believe that we rested here for 2 hours and we left after i had downed 3 beers. This was a wonderful place to hang out and if i stayed in town longer i would have been there every afternoon.

Oh , and they also cooked food too !!! But we did not eat there.

Directions: cross the bridge in Yone Gyi Road and turn immediately left along the river bank, maybe it is 100 m. On th eright when you cross the bridge will be the very expensive restaurant, the Viewpoint

BEER BY THE RIVER BOAT ON THE RIVER ENJOYING THE SHADE THE TERRACE MENU CARD

RED MOUNTAIN ESTATE RESTAURANT: FOOD IS GOOD, THE WINE IS AWFUL

by davidjo Written Mar 21, 2016

While waiting for the tour of the winery i decided to have the wine sampler tray where one tries four different wines, about an inch in each glass. For me they were awful, as was were the opinion of the two people at the next table. The wine-maker is French and i suggested to the waitress that the winery should check his credentials, maybe his papers were forged . The sampler wines cost 3,000 kyat for the four. However my wife had better luck with her meal, fried veggie rice, excellent.

Website: http://www.redmountain-estate.com/index.html

THE SAMPLER TRAY

LINN HTET: FAMOUS FOR BURMESE FOOD, BUT NOT FOR US

by davidjo Updated Mar 19, 2016

We decided to take our first meal at Nyaungshwe at Linn Htet Restaurant which had some quite good reviews in my guidebook and on the internet.The restaurant was rather basic but i was pleased to see photos of the various meals o n a poster on the wall. I decided to try the potato curry which came with 6 side dishes and my wife decided on mixed vegetables with rice. The staff were friendly and the meal arrived within 20 minutes. I thought that my potato curry was very good but i was not so keen on most of the side dishes. My wife was disappointed with her mixed vegetables as there was far too much oil with them.
    We would not come here again, but it seemed to be a favorite with other foreigners as it was quite crowded by the time we left.

Address: Yone Gyi Road.

MANY PLATES WITH MY POTATO CURRY THE RESTAURANT LINN HTET PHOTOS ON THE WALL

Missou Kitchen: Shan and Intha Dinner

by Avieira67 Updated Jan 2, 2014

In this restaurant, located in the Century travel agency, I had a very good experience.
    The food, in fact, is very tasty and, to tell you the truth, it was, perhaps, the best food I have tryed in Myanmar.
    In the evening I went to this travel agency to buy a bus ticket to Yangon. The owner of this agency received me with a great smile, offered me some cookies and a lemon juice. At the end, she invited me to have a dinner at her restaurant. She told me the sister was the cook and we just needed to book in advance. It was not possible anymore to book in advance for the dinner, but should be possible for the next day (lunch or dinner). The menu available was only potato curry and I had idea it was nothing special.
    I began to read the Guest Book and I have found many people telling good things about the owner and the food. A review of a Portuguese girl, in my language, impressed me a lot.
    I went home and I returned back for dinner.

Favorite Dish: I must say I loved the potato curry, as well the soup, the salad and the rice. For dessert, it was fresh fruit and a Chinese cake. It began raining and it was very pleasant as I like the rain.
    Unfortunately I had no more time to visit again the restaurant, but I am sure the excellent cook is able to prepare any kind of dish, meat or fish.

Address: Yone Gyi Road, Kanthar Quarter

Directions: Besides Maxim Restaurant.

Phone: +95.81209061

Local Restaurant: Eat with locals

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 19, 2013

This local restaurant, made for locals, was very close to Gypsy Inn. I have decided to get in because I could see the kitchen and the way the cooks were preparing the food. The owners, and cooks, were a young couple with a little child. When I was eating, the child began to look attentively at me and jumped to my table. This was very interesting.
    As the food was delicious, the following day I went there for lunch and to offer the picture of the child to the family.

Favorite Dish: Both chicken and port curry were delicious.

Address: Phaung Taw Seik Road

Directions: The seond Road after Gypsy Inn, going to the North. The restaurant is almost at the corner.

Street Restaurant: Local food with locals

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 11, 2013

This restaurant is open for lunch time and is not for tourists.
    The menu is limited and, if I am not wrong, they only have one possibility.
    A great local food for local people.

Favorite Dish: Ususally pork or chicken is available.

Address: Close to the Tourist Office. River Side.

Directions: Almost in front of Gypsy Inn

Everest Restaurant: Nepali Food

by Avieira67 Updated Nov 11, 2013

This is a kind of restaurant where we find a good ambience, but not a genuine food.
    I have to say the food is not bad, but not authentic Nepali food. The owners try to make a kind of food for European / American tourists, not spicy.
    Besides this fact, I found a long hair in my food.
    Going to local restaurants, eating with locals, we pay for less and have a better quality.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Lotus Restaurant: Local and western

by AngMimi Written Mar 10, 2013

We are just too lazy to walk anymore after a day trip to Inle lake. We went to nearest Restaurant along the road of our Hotel Remember Inn.
    Lotus Restaurant also provide trekking service, you might want to check out it.

Favorite Dish: We ordered Fried rice and Rice vermicelli with vegetabls, pizza again, roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, banana pancakes again and I had the most wonderful juice of blended Banana, Avocado and Lemon.

Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes Fried vermicelli with vegetables Banana, Avocado and lemon juice - A1 good. Lotus Restaurant

• AngMimi's Profile Photo

Golden Kite Restaurant: Italian Food in Nyaungshwe

by AngMimi Written Mar 10, 2013

We had Italian food that night at Golden Kite, just a walking distance from our Hotel.
    Very nice lights decoration, the waiter tend to speak like an Italian, introducing what is special from the menu. We can also see the master chef cooking in the kitchen. We had pizza, pasta, 2 pancakes.

Pizza Banana and chocolate pancake Plain Lassy

• planxty's Profile Photo

Unique cafe / restaurant.: Unique? Not exactly, but not bad.

by planxty Updated May 15, 2009

I only popped in here for a bit of a snack one afternoon, and I was the only patron. The service was friendly, as were the three really cute youngsters who romp about the place (see second photo). a bowl of very filling (and delicious soup) cost literally pence (or cents). You are effectively sitting at tables in what is the verandah of the owner's house - great atmosphere.

You can get a beer here as well.

Favorite Dish: I only had the local vegetable soup which was lovely.

Address: 3 Myawady Road

Directions: Two blocks due East of the Mingala market.

Unique Restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar. Children, Unique Restaurant, Nyaungshwe, Myanmar.
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Nyaungshwe

Comments

Nyaungshwe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nyaungshwe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nyaungshwe sightseeing.