Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Full-Day Old Srinagar Private Walking Tour
"On this full day walking tour you will see part of the old city on the banks of Jehlum River. Like most ancient cities Srinagar intially developed on the banks of a river (Jhelum) and its old buildings have stood the test of time and hold a great historical and cultural significance today.Next you will see Khanqah of Shah-i-Hamadan a mosque built in 14th century in honor of Mir Syed Ali Hamdani who came to Kashmir with 700 Sayyids in 1372 AD. Continue on to Pather Masjid the mosque built by Noor Jahan in 1623 AD
From $50.00

The Golden City of Amritsar Walking Tour
"The crazy streets of Amritsar are where the history of this iconic city was born. There is a story behind every alley and by-lane we cross and a legend to every monument we visit. Amritsar played a vital role in the freedom movement of India and you’l a monument erected to commemorate the Battle of Saragarhi an iconic battle in Sikh and British military history and considered one of the world’s most significant battles by war historians. You’ll then proceed to Qila Ahluwalia and Jalebiwala Chowk the latter home to some of the most famed jalebi (sweets) shops and other eateries in Amritsar — a must for fuelling you up as we keep moving! You’ll wander through the bazaars bustling with locals and selling a mix of Fulkari textiles colourful turbans
From $69.00

Private Tour: Golden Temple and Wagah Border in Amritsar
"You guide will pick you up from your hotel in Amritsar at 9.00 am by a private car and drive to Golden Temple. Set amid a pool of holy water and visitors and devotees from all faiths are welcome. Your guide will show you a glimpse of the Sikh temple trad a free community meal that began in the 16th century. As you watch the community kitchen feed up with over 10000 people learn about the Sikh principle of equality and practice of eating together. At 11.00 am visit the Jallianwala Bagh located about a quarter mile from the Golden Temple. It is a memorial that commemorates the sacrifices of hundreds of men women and children who were victims of ruthless firing during Jallianwala Bagh Massacre. You will learn more about India's history while enjoying the beautiful park. Afterwards we will visit Durgiana Temple a partial replica of the Golden Temple. The Durgiana Temple is situated outside the Lohgarh Gate and dedicated to the Goddess Durga frequented by devout Hindus. At 12:30 noon you will have the opportunity to eat lunch at a local family's house wh The final frontier
From $50.00

Taxis Tips (11)

Taxis are nice option

Taxi is always a nice option to move around in Islamabad and its sister city Rawalpindi. Minimum fare is around Rs. 20 ( appox 35 cents). One way trip on taxi between twin cities cost around Rs. 150 ( appox $ 2.6).

Taxis are not meter controled and there is no air conditioning. Most of taxis are old model cars in poor condition. The point here is that you always have to bargain before hiring a taxi.

It you are not a Pakistani then these texi drivers would charge you too much. So you better confirm rates from some local person before hiring a taxi.

Dec 04, 2003

Taxis in Islamabad

It's pretty easy getting around Islamabad. You can either take a taxi (small black or yellow cars -Suzuki Mehrans to be exact!) They'll find you if you can't find them, as they're always pulling up next to you on the street if they see you walking! It's totally safe, the drivers are harmless, just trying to make a living. Don't pay more than 50 rps in/around Islamabad...

Laurina's Profile Photo
Laurina
Apr 24, 2003

Islamabad's Taxis

The taxis in Islambad are pretty easy to spot, they are almost all black suzukis with a yellow painted roof and you'll have no trouble picking one up if you are obviously a foreigner - in fact you will probably spend more time trying to shake-off drivers eager for your business who slow down and drive alongside you as you walk asking if you want their taxi!

The taxis are well loved vehicles usually having the back window decorated with stickers, reflective pieces and all manner of trinkets hanging from the rear-view mirror (the Pakistani equivilent of the Australian 'Fluffy-dice' seems to be CDs which have stuff written on then and then hung from the Rearview.........anyone know if there if significance in this or just a fad?)

The prices were pretty much negotiable with no meters. Most taxi drivers will, when asked how much the fare is respond with "As you please" knowing that what we decide to be a 'fair' price will be a pretty good deal!

We generally paid about Rs50-70 dollars for a North-South trip across Islamabad (about AUD$1-2)

lachydragon
Dec 01, 2002

TAXIS IN ISLAMABAD

You can hire a taxi for getting around islamabad. I hired one,they are very tatty and are not air conditioned at all. It cost me 220 rupees for me and my friend. I think that was a bit to much!! My advice is that you should ask the hotel to hire you a taxi.

Aug 25, 2005

Sector F 6/2, Street 26, House 20, 44000
18, Street # 26, F-6/2
1 Main School Rd, Jinnah Super Market, F-7/1

Yellow Cabs

The easiest mode to travel in twin cities is by taxi. One way trip between twin cities cost around Rs. 150 ( USD 2.5 ) appox. These taxis does not use meter and they are non-AC. You should bargain and make a deal before sitting in taxi. If you are a foreginer then you would be charged too much, so ask some one local to help you. Its better to confirm rates with locals and they would help you.

fashionapple's Profile Photo
fashionapple
Mar 22, 2006

Metro CabTaxi Service

I frequently use MetroCab in both Karachi and Islamabad. I asked for a Metrocab on Thursday 16th of April to be sent at 7 to take me from Gulshan-e-Iqbal to Abdullah Shah Qazi's Mazaar. I was told its flat charge of 550 Rupees. Once the taxi arrived, I decided to stop at Gulshan Chowrangi for 5 minutes. The driver told me the package would change from 550 Rupees for 15 Kms to 610 Rupees for 12 kms and additional 25 rupees per km's after that. I agreed. When I was getting off the taxi at Gulshan Chowrangi, there wasnt sufficient parking so I asked the driver to give me his cell number so its easy to trace the cab. He told me it was company policy not to let drivers give out their cell numbers. Keep in mind, when the driver arrives to pick you up, he calls you from his cell to inform you or if he cant find your pick up point. The driver told me he would parked infront of the next building adjacent to the one I was going in. When I came out, he was no where to be seen. So I called 021-35393951, the number that had informed me m taxi had arrived to pick me from Gulshan. This guy had a very rude attitude from the start. He told me I shouldnt have gotten off the taxi and stopped at Gulshan Chowrangi, and that the taxi was waiting in front of a CNG station and I should walk to it. The CNG station was no where in the line of sight. I asked him to tell the driver to come to the spot where he dropped me. He responded with 'Kya museebat hai' and then asked me 'You want him to come the wrong way?' very sarcastically. I told him I wanted him to take a u turn and come back and he wasnt doing me any favours, its a charged service I am paying for. He hung up on and didnt take my call after that. I was left standing in the middle of no where, with no contact with the taxi. This is the brilliant customer service you get from Metro Cab. The person who hung up on me was either Mr. Sheraz or Noman because only these two were on duty. I then called their complaint number and informed Mr. Mansoor of the incident. He said strict action would be taken within 24 hours and I would be informed. Its been 2 days now, nothing. The whole company from top to bottom is being run by imbeciles and it seems its a company policy to not give a damn. I would like to get in touch with the owner and inform him of how things are being run by employees. Plus they barely pick up calls so fat chance you will be able to book a cab.

EhsaanullahZ
Apr 18, 2015

Taxi is suitable for getting AROUND

Local bus service within the city is not well organized. Small Vans, Hiace & Suzuki's run around the city, but their route nos. are not properly printed on the face.

Therefore for tourists & new comers it is advisable to hire a taxi for journeys within the city or to Rawalpindi. There are plenty of Yellow cab taxi's available on the roads.

Due to inflation fares changes frequently. You may bargain. Minimum fare these days is Rs. 100/-

Radio Cabs are also available from-to Airport.

Mar 02, 2012

METRO CAB SERVICE & OTHER RENT-A-CAR PROVIDERS

Although Yellow Cab Taxi service in Islamabad is working good. But they are not air conditioned vehicles & drivers are independent. There is no centralized agency of Yellow Cabs.

Visitors, wanting luxurious pick & drop are advised to use METRO CAB air conditioned Taxi/Cab services for moving from Air Port to Hotel or from Hotel to any specific location.

At Islamabad/Rawalpindi Airport you can find various booths of these Taxi Service providers.

Minimum Fare is Rs. 320/- for 12 Kilometers then Rs. 20/ for every additional km.
You may hire for for 7 hours or 100 kms @ Rs. 2000/-

fashionapple

"Islamabad, the beautiful..."

"Islamabad zindabad!!"

lachydragon

" Lachydragon hits Islamabad! "

Bokhari76

"Islamabad - The Capital City"

Probably best taxi in Islamabad

Shortly after my arrival to Islamabad, I took a random taxi outside my hotel the next morning. The driver was really friendly and eager to give the best service. I felt more like a guest than just a taxi client! He drove me then around and showed me the most interesting places the city. I later used the same cab company and the same driver for almost all of my consecutive trips. The driver always showed up some 5 minutes before and the car was always very clean. Should I ever visit Islamabad again, I will definitely use Islamabad Taxi again!

Sandra.H
May 15, 2016

Taxi from Islamabad airport

Bonjour from Chitral,

Metro cab, Yellow cab have their counters at Islamabad airport, you could take a taxi from there to Daewoo bus terminal on G.T road, Rawalpindi.

It's absolutely safe, some 25 to 30 minutes drive from the airport to terminal.

400 to 600 Pkrs, the price for the taxi.

Ciao,

imranthetrekker's Profile Photo
imranthetrekker
Aug 11, 2012

Yellow Cabs

Traveling by Yellow cabs is the easiest way to explore twin cities of Islamabad. Tourists are suggested to bargain and decide the fare before start of journey.

Sep 12, 2004

Things to Do Near Islamabad

Daman-e-Koh

Its a spot in the hills around Islamabad. The whole city can be viewed from here. Even Rawal Dam Lake can be viewed from here. It is a good, health air picnic spot. Government has developed the...
Things to Do

Shah Faisal Masjid (Mosque)

I really inspired with Faisal Mosque located in Islamabad, Pakistan. Many professional photographers love to capture the beautiful masque in their camera. I just have seen some inspiration by...

Margalla Hills

Residents of twin cities visit Margalla hills frequently in summer in order to get rid of hot weather. One can go there to relax, walk, hike, drive or for camping, picnic or cycling. Views of twin...

Rawal Lake

It is a famous picnic place for the people of Rawalpindi & Islamabad. I enjoyed visiting Lake View Point with my family. Atmosphere is cool relative to Rawalpindi. Kids enjoyed rides & we enjoyed walk...

Dams

Simly Dam is major water source for residents of Islamabad. It is also a popular picnic spot. spot because of its scenic location. Its some 30 Km from Islamabad near Bhara Kahu town. Dam was completed...

Lok Virsa Museum & Heritage Library

I think this museum located in the Lok Virsa Complex is a must visit by all tourists(including locals who have not yet seen this) coming to Islamabad. You will find a beautiful presentation of...

Getting to Islamabad

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map