Coron Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Coron

• davidjo's Profile Photo

BRUJITA BAR AND RESTAURANT: DELICIOUS THAI CURRIES

by davidjo Written Jun 10, 2014

On our first night in Coron we were rather tired so we chose a restaurant nearby our GH, (advertising veggie food as this was suitable for my wife) and we were not disappointed. Brujita is on the National Highway just 50m from the Coastal Road, which is basically 200m from Coron Bistro, quite near the center of town. The lady who owned the place was from North Luzon and was very pleasant and helpful. There were several other customers there too, some just drinking at the bar and some enjoying their meal. Darts were available and one wall was covered in notices about local tourist spots, agencies and GH's. We decided upon a Thai Veggie curry and Thai chicken curry which was served with rice and a couple of beers. My wife enjoyed her curry and i enjoyed the chicken curry which was especially tasty as the chicken had been grilled first giving it an extra flavor. There were many other international choices on the menu, all at a reasonable price and i would not hesitate in eating here again.

BRUJITA BAR & RESTAURANT darts and info veggie curry chicken curry

• Bistro Coron: Bistro Coron = FOOD POISONING

by Siargao_Mom Written Dec 30, 2013

This is my first ever negative review. I generally see the positive in people and situations no matter the circumstance. After my experience at Bistro and still ill after a week i feel it is my duty to warn the public.

Being in the service industry striving for excellence and customer satisfaction should always be the goal. Every restaurant will make mistakes. it comes with the job, yet one can redeem themselves by acknowledging error and taking responsibility. After eating at the Bistro i spent the whole night violently vomiting, with diarrhea and in excruciating pain / fever. The following morning i stumbled back to the bistro. When i approached the management they admitted that the chicken they served me was raw because they didnt have time to defrost while busy over the dinner rush. When i explained how ill i was to the owner rudely approached while waving his hands in the air, "there is nothing i can do". Disturbed by his obvious lack of concern, i asked if he could at least reimburse me for the food that got me sick or for antibiotics. What came next should cause anyone considering to eat there to stay FAR away. He laughed and in a loud voice he said, "get out of my restaurant!!!" When i tried to take a picture for this review he violently rushed at me trying to physically throw me out. Although tempting to gather the little strength i had to defend his unwarranted attack i chose not to stoop to his level. After visiting the toilet again with my stomach convulsing in pain i made a report to police, sanitary and tourism. In the process i was told that many people have complained of food poisoning. The kitchen is filthy, toilets look like they are never cleaned and no water to wash or flush. In any other country this establishment would be shut down a long time ago and the owner held accountable for his actions. If you value your health please choose and support a filipino owned place rather than a foreigner who thinks he can get away with anything he wants because he has money.

Address: Coron Highway

• Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron: Kawayanan Grill and Restaurant, Coron

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Great food, nice place and accommodating staff. Its the only restaurant in Coron that I know accepts credit card. After 5 days of staying in Coron and eating out, this is the only restaurant that accepted credit card.

The food was also great. Love their mixed sea foods and pancit among others. Fastest service that we ever experience in all the restaurants we visited (and we visited and ate at 6 different restaurant before we found this great place). In other restaurants, it took a while for the food to arrive.

They have a nice outdoor area and the staff were really great. They look after the needs of the dinners.

Favorite Dish: Most of their dishes are great. We went back to the place for another taste of their mixed sea food plate.

Address: Coron Town Proper

• Coron Bistro and Bar: Coron Bistro and Bar, Coron Palawan

by dawnangeles Written Jan 11, 2013

Ok tasting food, but with only 2 staff (1 at the bar and the other serving the sitting dinners). So the staff looked very harass with all the dinners they have to serve. They were not so accommodating, maybe because of that. It takes a while for the food to arrive as well.

Next day, we wanted to order pizza and just take it out so we won't have to deal with the noise in the restaurant. But the staff in the bar told us they don't allow take out order of pizza since they don't have a lot of pizza dough, but we can have the pizza if we get a table in the restaurant and eat it there.

I don't get it. We're buying the same pizza and paying for it. But if you take it out, they won't sell it to you but if you eat it in the restaurant, then you can have it. .... Tsk .. tsk .. tsk...

Address: Coron Town Proper

Trining Bacsa and Restaurant: Try their Kaldereta

by kemisteryoso Updated Nov 6, 2011

I had one of my lunch here because I'm running out of money :). Located just beside Jackie's Videoke just right outside Sea Dive Resort. Their viand starts at P40.00. Try their Beef Kaldereta, I love the taste.

Address: Coron Town

Sea Dive Restaurant: Dine with the sea

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 20, 2011

Sea dive restaurant has a great view of the Coron Bay and nearby islands so dining here is different from other restaurants in Coron. It is made of light materials with wooden chairs. Guests from other resorts usually dine here because of the free wifi. I am not just sure if the coffee is also free once you dine. I drank plenty of coffee during my entire stay.
    They have big servings of Filipino breakfast and my favorite is the beef tapa with scrambled egg for P180.00 . But the rice is not enough I think there is something wrong in the proportion. I love the taste of their bicol express on top of 2 grilled eggplant but sometimes they serve only one eggplant (which is which). The pancit and pasta servings are good for two but I am not happy about their chicken spaghetti, it was tasteless. Prices start at P150.00.
    Sea dive restaurant also have friendly and very helpful staff especially the group in the morning. I love this group than their evening counterpart actually.
    My fondest memory is having a bottle of beer every time I sit on near the water front while enjoying their free wifi and the nice view of the sea.

Favorite Dish: Free Wifi.. Free Coffee.. Nice view

Address: Located at sea dive resort

coffee with the sea Filipino breakfast beef tapa with scramble egg my favorite.. extra strong.

They have Nido soup: Jackie's Videoke and Restaurant

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 19, 2010

One of the local restaurant that offer food for a very cheap price. They offer variety of big servings of Pancit. They also offer Nido soup for P250.00. Prices of their viands start at P40.00. They also offer Filipino breakfast for P70.00. I tried their pansit bihon for P50.00 before my hike to Mt. Tapyas. I need some carbo for this. :)

There is also a videoke for music lovers at night.

Address: Coron Town, Palawan

Directions: Just right outside of Sea dive resort the way going to the market.

pansit bihon

La Sirenneta Sea food restaurant.: Sea food Resto above water

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

It is a restaurant built above water. I saw this one from Sea Dive Resort and planned to have my dinner there. But when I saw the wooden path that was built above the water that looks weak and old that gave me the idea that it is not safe to cross for a lone traveler in a dark night. I changed my mind. I didn't see any railings that you can hold on to and no light to guide your path. Maybe one can visit this restaurant during lunch time. I think it is good to dine here since it is a water front restaurant with a nice view of the sea and islands. It is obvious they are offering seafood :)

Address: Coron Town, Palawan

Directions: There's signage along the highway in Bankwang area across Coron Bistro. Just follow the path until you reach Coron reef calamianes pension house and from there you will see the wooden path I'm talking about.

aerial view of la sirenetta La Sirenetta signage

Japanese: Oishi desu ne?

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 18, 2010

This if for Japanese food lovers. It is a small restaurant located along the highway in Bankwang area going to the airport. I scanned the menu and they are offering simple Japanese food like sushi. Not comparable to any big Japanese restaurant in Manila of course at least Coron have a simple one. Prices start at P130.00. I am not a fan of Japanese food but you can try it yourself if you will visit Coron.

Coron Bistro and Bar: Pizza and burger

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

A resto bar owned by a french guy named Bruno. It is a small place frequented by foreigners. A small group can also drink here other than eating. Their specialty is Burger and Pizza which costs P180.00 It is good for 2 persons that's why I carried some on my way to the resort but I like the Pizza of Hard Koch kafe more in Bantayan Island. One can also try other menu like Spicy chicken wings, baked mussel and pasta. Meals cost 140 pesos and above and they also offer breakfast.
    I have this strange conversation with their waitress. I asked her while giving my order why she's not smiling that makes her looks unfriendly and she told me that they are prohibited to do so and that is a very strict order. I don't know why. It's very strange for me.
    They also sell map of the Calamianes group of islands for P500.00 and souvenir shirts for P1000.00 . Yes it is very expensive because they said it was printed in France.

Address: Coron town, Palawan

Directions: Along the highway in Bankwang area

Kawayanan Grill Station: Garden setting

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

Kawayanan locally means Place where there are plenty of bamboos. This is a resto bar made of light materials like bamboo with a garden setting. The entrance is decorated with vines and plants. It has a bar located at the center they offer variety of both local and foreign dishes. I just ordered sisig and drunk 2 bottles of beer when I was here. Drinks here cost 50 pesos above and meal prices start at P130.00. They have a band that plays twice a week plus one can sing on a videoke located at the right side of the grill. It is also a nice place to hang out with good crowd.

Address: Coron town, Palawan

Directions: along Don Pedro Street near the Municipal Hall and Allied bank

Old house: Heapy spaguetti

by kemisteryoso Written Sep 18, 2010

It is a small bar and restaurant along the National Highway walking distance from Coron Bistro. It can only accommodate small crowd plus only offering local drinks. I tried their spaguetti and it is good for 2 persons. My stomach can't accommodate all. I saw some regular meals being serve too. Prices of Meals start at P120.00.

Favorite Dish: Spaguetti

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Lolo Nonoy's Food Station: Don't miss the Bulalo!

by kemisteryoso Updated Sep 18, 2010

They offer simple menu and mostly Filipino food. It is a typical local restaurant with very simple decorations. Tables were set inside bamboo cottages. The price is very reasonable and my favorite is their Bulalo and Beef Kaldereta. Their Kaldereta is just 40 pesos per serving. The restaurant closes early so don't go beyond 9 PM.

Directions: Along the Highway

• iclee's Profile Photo

Banol beach refreshment stand: Where's the restaurant?

by iclee Written Sep 13, 2010

When you do island hopping in Coron and its surrounding islets, be sure to bring enough cold drinks because unlike in Boracay where you can find coconut peddlers/boatmen, there is just a small refreshment stand in Banol Beach serving small bottles of Coke, Royal, Sprite and some unknown brand for PHP25/bottle.

It is manned by someone from the indigenous tribe of Coron.

Favorite Dish: None

• Beaches

• missmarianne's Profile Photo

Sea Dive Resort: woRST FOOD ever!

by missmarianne Written Jul 26, 2010

we did not actually stay here, but we had our early dinner at their resto which I REGRET the mOSt. We should have eaten somewhere else instead. They have this menu about which and what food to order best discussing the content (ingredients) ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY WILL just SERVE YOU REHEATED LEFTOVER from another dish. Disgusting. When I complained at the waitress, I overheard the kitchen staff laughing at it and making nasty comments about their customer's concerns.

Favorite Dish: I appreciate their apple shake though

• Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Coron

Comments

Coron Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coron restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coron sightseeing.