Map &

Singapore Duck Tour
From SGD37.00
Singapore Hop-On Hop-Off Night Tour
From SGD43.00
Singapore Flexi Attractions Pass with Optional Universal Studios Singapore Admission
From SGD102.00

Sim Lim Square Tips (66)

Sim Lim Square: Everything OK for me!

I really don’t know why some people are saying these bad things or, I’m a really lucky guy or something, because I went to Sim Lim Square and nothing bad occurs to me. Actually the opposite happened. I was looking for IP cameras for some time and making my research. Then I went to Choicecycle store and asked them as many as questions I could. Jason was very patience and explaining everything. His price quote was the best among all the others distributors. I bought a couple of IP Cameras. This model here (sgcctv com sg/our-products/ip-camera/?SingleProduct=19). So far they are working very!

What to buy IP Cameras, DVRs, CCTV

What to pay Affordable price $150

davefreitag's Profile Photo
May 26, 2015

Sim Lim Square: DO NOT VISIT HI-V in Sim Lim!!!!!!

This store and staff did a great job of nearly ruining my time in Singapore. Like an absolute fool I fell for their nasty tricks and dodgy selling techniques, particularly from the fat guy with tattoo's and a ponytail (this one in particular was very nasty when I questioned him further) and the fake 'boss' who sits around like a Mafia Boss, doing a great job of smiling until things don't go to plan, at which point you will meet a very different man.

I will admit, part of the issue was my error. I went into the store looking for a specific camera which they had. They then proceeded to sell me another camera for twice the price of my original camera. I very stupidly fell into their trap and talked them down on a price, only to get home and realise the camera they had sold me was well over twice the retail price.

I went back to the store to ask for a refund and to purchase the original camera from them. This is where they got very nasty and started to yell. Eventually after refusing to leave the store I had to listen to an elaborate story about on of the other staff members purchasing the camera for himself, clearly their training covers this crap. Eventually I was left with no choice but to pay a further $300 to leave with my original camera. I was scammed out of around $500 and left feeling angry and sick to my stomach.

Please avoid this store!

May 07, 2015

Sim Lim Square: iphone 4

I was cheated in Sim Lim Tower, that's the place where the sales cheated the buyer by adding more money to the bill when we are not paying attention.
The Singapore Government and Law does not protect the customer well enough, we did call the police but they could not do anything with this. We're sure that they knew more than a few cases.
Stop buying anything from Singapore, maybe you can find some thing cheaper there but if we keep buying things from there, we're going to be cheated, and the Singapore Government will not make any change. Stop traveling to Singapore. Stop buying things in Singapore.

What to buy Never buy anything in Singapore. NEVER, if we all NEVER buy things in Singapore, they will not cheat others.

What to pay NEVER buy anything in Singapore.

Nov 04, 2014

Sim Lim Square: Pixel N Shutter at Sim Lim Square - Stay Away

Pixel N Shutter Store 02-80 is cheating customers. The guy sold me a tampered glass screen protector for Sony Xperia for $70 after negotiating a price starting from $160. This screen protector appeared damaged with a crack in a week. When I've returned to replace it, the guy told me that there is no warranty and he would give me another one for $50. I went and bought the same screen protector for $30 on the third floor. Stay away from Pixel N Shutter.

Aug 23, 2014

6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore, 039594, Singapore
41 Seah Street, (was previously Metropole Hotel), Singapore, 188396, Singapore
B Connaught Drive, Singapore, 179682, Singapore

Sim Lim Square # 01-40: Terrible Experiance - They ruin the name of Singap

Terrible. They are world class cheaters. Offered a phone for S$ 550/- They took the money and refused to give the phone asking another S$ 880/- . They cheat people nothing . Never ever go to Sim Lim Square for shopping. Shop number 40 Ground Floor. # 01 - 40

What to buy Cheating is there main business. Do not go to Sim Lim Square for shopping. They will ruin your money.

What to pay Nthing.

Jul 22, 2014

Sim Lim Square: Avoid buying camera from cheater (2nd floor)

Was stupid enough to buy the Nikon S1(Price quoted from 1st floor is SGD 400) for SGD 800 and found out that the shop is in the list of consumer alert by CASE.

Confront the salesman for a refund/exchange but keep getting the same answer: Boss is not in.

On the spot, there were tourists-husband and wife from Australia facing the same issue.
They were not expected to get ripped off in SINGAPORE.

Jul 20, 2014

Sim Lim Square: Bad service in Sim Lim

Lemon Laws are consumer protection laws that provide remedies against defective goods (colloquially known as “lemons”), which fail to conform to the contract at the time of delivery, e.g. do not meet standards of quality and performance, especially after repeated repair. Such laws obligate sellers to repair, replace, or refund or reduce the price of those defective goods.

To find out more about the Lemon Law and how it will affect you as a consumer or business owner, refer to the following:

tourists can also file a coplain about the shop to CASE The Consumers association of singapore

Alvansng's Profile Photo
Jul 01, 2013

Just got ripp off in Focuspoint Electronics PTE LTD in SIM LIM TOWER. I understand this is ar Market Place and you are suposed to bargain. But that they officially cheat an laugh at you when you come back to complain makes me angry. I just payed 130 Dollar for an adapter worth 10-20 Dollar, just because I'm new to photography and didn't know yesterday how they cheat on customers. There are many complaints about this company on the internet.

They all should brought to court and the store to be shoot down. I thought Singapore has changed in the last 10 years.

Police Officers passing by just said they can't do anything.

Apr 07, 2013

Top 5 Singapore Writers

imstress's Profile Photo

"Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
SLLiew's Profile Photo

"Singapore Downtown"
balhannah's Profile Photo

robertgaz's Profile Photo

Skylink's Profile Photo

"(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"

Focuspoint Sim Lim Square: Completely Unethical

Most unethical practice I have ever been subjected to! I was offered "big discounts" by a salesman, however even with these discounts the price quoted was well above the Manufacturer Recommended Selling Price (MSRP). I asked the salesman directly what the MSRP is, he told me S$900, when in fact it is S$200.

I recommend never going here.

What to buy Nothing

What to pay You will pay about 2 to 4x what anything is worth.

Jan 28, 2013

Elite 3 Shop PTE LTD: Do not go and buy things in Sim Lim Square

I and my family had spent a few days of our holiday to visit Singapore where we expected to have full of fun and hapiness. Singapore is one amongst the popular places to visit in Asia, and We are happy to see the country well developed and we expected people also developed. A day left to home, iI and my family went to the shope named " Elite 3 Mobile PTE LTD" in Sim Lim Square. The shop looks like a trustfull shop with young sellers. I tried to seek for a mobile phone for my children from beginning I asked about the price of. SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII model and the seller seems to show his good attitude to be trusted in. The seller in this shop is very good at cheating, he tried to show like a magician with another model by showing a drop and strong scratch, and water proof and told us a lie that this is a new model just in promotion from the company with the price of S$738, haha... this is a 1 year old model of Galaxy Nexus that at the time its price just S$ 420. Because of we do not knw and we trust this man then we decided to buy as he suggested, when I asked the shop outside they said it is out of model and low price. I quickly called to the shop if he allow to exchange another model we like but he said no " No refund and No changeable" . We were so unhappy to hear that, and we released we got cheated by this shop. So in conclusion, if you are a trailer from other countries and if you guys want to be happy while staying in Singapore, you are not recommended to go and visit the above shop. Thie sellers in this shop have cheated a lot of tourists already, please find commends from many people from travel tour agency. If you want to buy things should go the brand shop such as Robinson, Best....... Additionally, we do not believe that such a developed country like Singapore supposed not to have this kind of cheating in public or especially for tourists.

What to buy You are highly recommended not to visit and buy things in Sim Lim Quare. This shop is not trustful

What to pay Do not expect to get cheaper price from this shop, in contrast you maybe got cheated like me and then you will loose a lot of money and unhappy during your visit. We are strongly requesting to the local authority to help protect tourists from this cheating shop in future.

Nov 26, 2012

Sim Lim Square: Warning: Slim Lim Cyber Maestro #02-77

Bought a Sony mobile phone and the trader recommended to buy a high speed micro sd card as well. As I am not the specialist for everything I trusted the man and he offered me the card for 35 SGD. As I found out later that this card was not a high speed card especially for mobile phone but a normal cheap card for just 8 SGD to buy everywhere. I complaint hardly in the shop 'Cyber Maestro PTE LTD floor 2 number 77. But no chance to return the deal. I ask the tender if his aim is to tread me as a valuable customer or just to sell everything for the maximum price: His answer: Maximum profit is the point.
I really feel like a victom!
Please don't buy anything cause you will get ripped off!!!

May 05, 2012

Sim Lim Square: Not to buy in sim limm square

I advice every one not enter shops in sim lim square as they are all big cheaters, they tell all lies misguide customers, I wanted to but cannon SLR camera EOS 550D I went to one of the shops in sim limm square 2nd floor when i asked the price shop keeper said it is 650sing$ he showed me the camera and after some time he says cannon SX40 is better than EOS 550D he convinced me to which i was convinced as I buying slr camera for first time and i was very eager to buy one finially he said SX40 is better than EOS550D and trusting shopkeeper and having good faith on people of singapore I bought camera cannon SX40 and then now I have come to know that SX40 is just higher version of digital camera and we cannot work like an SLR camera, I paid sing$999 for SX40 it is shock for me as I was told people of singapore are honest and sincere I would not have minded paying more as I have paid more for SX40 but if the shopkeeper had given an SLR camera a good model it would have been good for his reputation and reputation of singapore, this was my second visit to singapore and I had lot of regard for the citizens of singapore but now I will not visit singapore not recomend any one to visit singapore I feel sim lim square is spoiling reputation of singapore, I will write to the prime minister of singapore in detail. I know i will not get any response but I will write to the Hon prime minister of singapore and I will advice all my relations and friends not to visit singapore.Singapore is very good but Sim lim square is spoling reputation of singapore if the government ignores then it will be huge loss to singapore in way of tourisum, hope the authorities take immediate action as one place is spoling the entire reputation of the country. Shame on the shopkeeper. You have sweared on god now god will punish you.

Mar 26, 2012

Things To Do Near Singapore

Fountain of Wealth

This is a very unique fountain and really a very beautiful one. This fountain is based on a Hindu Mandala which means has a symbolic meaning of harmony and unity amongst the four races of Singapore....

Raffles Hotel Arcade

Raffles Hotel is a Singaporean icon. "Raffles in Singapore stands for all the fables of the exotic East" SOMERSET MAUGHAM. The history of Raffles is folk-lore. Tales of visiting dignataries- movie...

Raffles Hotel

There's probably nowhere else that evokes Colonial decadence quite like the Raffles Hotel. It's been the residence of a host of famous names, including Joseph Conrad, Ava Gardner, and colonial...
Things to Do

The Cenotaph is a 60 feet granite memorial. It was built originally for the memory of 124 Singaporeans who died during World War I. Later on the other side, it was added for those who gave their...

St Andrew's Cathedral

In mid central Singapore at great free place is the St. Andrews Cathedral. In the tropical heat of the day just here is a good place to sit and to remember. If you sit a while at place and look...
Things to Do

F1 track passes from Padang. Basically the regular road which passes by Padang and Supreme Court building is converted into F1 track during races. Due to its prime location and historical...

Getting to Singapore

1 Rochor Canal Road, Singapore 188504

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!