Map &

Seoul History and Culture Small-Group Tour
From $52.00

Hip Hop/Clubs Tips (26)

Club Arena: Club Arena - Most exclusive club in Seoul

There are many clubs in Korea, especially in the posh Gangnam district. However, Club Arena is the most exclusive out of all clubs in Korea, where Korea's socialites and celebrities are frequently spotted. The music is mainstream EDM but it is the atmosphere and the crowd here that differentiates club Arena from other clubs.

If you are looking for genuine, local top-of-the-notch nightlife fun, club Arena is a must.

Think pangea in Singapore, Dragon-I in Hong Kong

Dress Code Dress Code is relatively strict. fashionable attire.

Jun 27, 2015

Hard Rock Cafe: More of a Dance Club than a Restaurant

Most HRC's I have been to are set up as restaurants with outrageous decor and music memorabilia. This one is totally different. It's got a lot of room for dancing, a DJ set up on a stage and lots of intimate seating throughout the place.

I posted my HRC tip under shopping because, that's what I do. I buy pins to add to my collection and sometimes I get a shirt. Directions are listed there.

GracesTrips's Profile Photo
Aug 21, 2014

Hip Hop/Clubs: B One Night Club - Itaewon

Located in the heart of Itaewon, under the Hamilton Hotel, B One is one of the area's best nightclubs. When I lived here in 2003-2004, the club was new and called Limelight. The club was OK before midnight or one o'clock, but after hours is when Limelight really started to rock. Many weekend nights, it will stay open until the sun comes up.

Sure drinks are relatively expensive, but nowhere else in the heart of Itaewon will you find a place like this.

Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
Apr 05, 2014

Club FF: Hongdae is the best place to enjoy nightlife!

since 2005, this place is known by very famous live/indie music club at Hongdae. their common base is rock. DJs are djing with famous rock music. beers and cocktails starts 4000~8000. after band's performance is finish, it's free enterance fee!
you can use here on clubday.(every month last friday)

Dress Code just free:)

77-2, Uljiro-5ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-196, South Korea
275-3, Euljiro5-ga, Jung-gu
133-1 Ulchiro 5-Ka, Chung-Ku, Seoul, South Korea
22-5 Chungmuro 5 ga, Junggu, Seoul, South Korea

M 2: You can't actually Dance, but anyway :)

I've been there 3 times, in both 1st and 2nd floor areas.
Music - DJ s are very good, but unfortunately on a ground floor you can hardly move, let alone dancing. Situation tends to get better after 3AM. You have to wait to get a drink-go to the washroom maybe more than 15 minutes.
On the second floor is much better, there is a place to sit down, have a separate bar, but you ll need "vip" card to go there. on this floor dancing is possible and there are less kids.

aquamarine_cf's Profile Photo
May 03, 2007

Hodge Podge (Alert: Now called O-hoo): Lots of Foreigners, if you're into that...

This is an oldie in a new building (the O-hoo--Korean for PM, as in after noon). Good music with some events like MC battles. 10,000 won (9USD) to get in (afro-ed Korean bouncer is named Duke) includes 5,000 or so worth of drinks (basically 1).

Fridays and Saturdays are best...anytime from midnight to 4AM. Thursday is Ladies' Night (gals get select free drinks from 10-midnight and no cover).

M2 below is trance/house music and it's Ladies' Night is Wednesday.

Dress Code Anything, but nothing crazy....never seen anyone turned away except for footwear (no flipflops or sandels!).

Apr 01, 2007

Tool: Brings in good names

Keep an eye on these guys to bring in a fantastic name with little to no promotion. I have no idea why!!?? The pic is from Kyoto Jazz Massive- I've also seen DJ Heather there to name a few. Nice intimate setting anyways.

Dress Code Anything

itsCharlie's Profile Photo
Dec 14, 2006

Hip Hop/Clubs: CLUB NB

Last Day in Seoul!! We made sure that it was gonna be a memorable last day, and a good finish to our South Korea trip. We hit Apujeong. The dream land of plastic surgery! hahaha no I wasn't gonna get surgery to end it of with a big bang. lol.

We had samgapsil, tons of soju ahhahah tipsy!! Met some random Koreans, two were from the states. And yeah there we were with three complete strangers of to party with them. Dance the nite away.

Club NB is an awesome place. I think its a franchise so its everywhere. Again great hip hop music and Koreans are rockin to the music. Lots of boys then girls at this club. Well the time I went. We had a blast!! Cute boys tat nite hahahha.

Stayed there til like 5 am. very impressive. we beat our record!! lol.
A magnificient finish!! It was hella fun!! Club NB for sure next year!

Dress Code I didn't think there was a dress code so yeah you can wear anything. But yeah its good to look ur best!

minwoo11's Profile Photo
Nov 29, 2006
jburron's Profile Photo

"Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

"Return to Seoul"
kdoc13's Profile Photo

"Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
AKtravelers's Profile Photo

"Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
schwein's Profile Photo

"Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
View Member

Hip Hop/Clubs: HipHop YO!

I didnt' know what to expect when I thought of clubbing in Korea. I've heard that's clubbin is way betta in Asia than your home country! Well that is true since you don't know anyone in that country. So your able to go crazy and wild! No one knows you! lol.

Walking on the streets of Hongdae, you hear the vibrations, beats and the music coming from the clubs. I knew I was gonna have fun!! The streets were filled with young adults, in their club wear. Their pretty casual when it comes to club wear. We hit two bars just for cheap drinks and to chill. Then it was on!! hehehehe. We went inside Qvo and I was impressed! The vibe their was awesome. All of them were in their hip hop gear and rockin away.

I swear the music here is betta than what I hear at home. Nothing could compare to the madness, the great remixes and the sweet tunes! We were dancin til 3 am! clubs back home close at 2 am.

clubbin here... CHUHAYO!! can't complain

Dress Code The dress code is pretty casual. The style is mostly hip hop. but i think you could wear whatever. Qvo has coat checks as well.

minwoo11's Profile Photo
Nov 29, 2006

Limelight: Step into the Limelight

The Limelight is near the Hamilton hotel, across from Gecko's Terrace. This is probably the hippest club in the Itaewon district, even though it is a bit shady (some call it "slimelight"). Go inside, pay W10,000, get a drink ticket, go downstairs, drop off your coat, and start dancing and buying drinks. The crowd here is REALLY late. Therefore, you can be sure that if you see Americans here, they aren't in the military, due to curfews. The DJ plays new hip-hop for the most part, as well as some old-school R & B. Drinks are $5-7 each, and the room has a nice ambient temperature. There are raised dance floors and brass poles, so you can play stripper-for-a-day. There are tough looking security guards, yet the staff is caring and nice, and want to make sure you have a good time, but won't allow any trouble makers.

Dress Code There is no dress code, as far as I know, but in order to fit in, I'd wear something like what everyone else in Seoul wears- nice, awesome, stylish, comfortable clothing suitable for sweating and dancing.

ShaneBarber's Profile Photo
Jan 03, 2006

Bunker: Best Hip-Hop in Dae-hang-ro

The only place to go if you're north of Hong-dae. This place is really a bunker (hate to see it in a fire situaiton). Nevertheless, there are attractions here. No cover is one. Just buy a (5,000 won/4.50USD) drink from the ice bar or waiter (if you can flag one down). It's pretty packed and the 2,500 won/2.00USD tequila shooters don't make it any less crowded.

Tunes are all hip-hop, kinda hot and cold, but if you like dancing with 20-somethings this is a good spot. A few expats here, but not near as many as Hong-dae.

Dress Code Anything.

Dec 20, 2004

J.J. Mahoney's at the Hyatt: High Class...High Price

Pros: Lots of beautiful people (esp women) and many of the patrons (and all staff) speak English. 2 sections, one with live band, another with dancefloor plus outside (when it's bearable). Good music.

Cons: prices. Heineken everwhere else is 5,000-7,000 won (USD 4-6), here it's 13,000 (USD 11)! Long Island Ice Teas are 14,500. Have a few (or many) drinks before coming here, for sure. And, no Subway to here. Closest is Itaewon (Line 6) and then a cab.

After JJ's it's a short cab ride to LimeLight (see review).

Dress Code Definately no shorts (found that out one Summer night). Suits are good, or dress casual.

Dec 11, 2004

Things To Do Near Seoul

Cheong Gye Cheon - Man Made Stream

Cheonggyecheon steam is a nice place to escape a busy Seoul lifestyle. In fact, steam is located just in the centre but somehow you don't feel like you are in the centre. Magic There are many small...

Korea House & Namsan Hanok Folk Village

At first there is no "entrance fee" completely open to public for free. In this village displays various household goods and furniture arranged in accordance with the times of which they were a part....

Heunginjimun Dongdaemoon - Great East Gate

Dongdaemun is known for its shopping area, a place for a cheap clothing items in Korea. But actually means Great East Gate. This is more commonly called Dongdaemun Gate, first built in 1398. This was...

Dongdaemun Market

I visited this night market during my last night in Seoul. I was not impresed as it was mainly a clothes market. The area though is great to walk around in the evening as it is surrounded by the big...
Things to Do

Tapgol Park (Pagoda Park)

This is a crowded city centre park. Not so green, but with some interesting historical sites. Tapgol Park is built on the former site of Wongak Temple which was destroyed at a time when Buddhism was...

Ongo-food Communication,- Day Tours

Why not take a cooking class? Learn to cook a Korean dish. That's what I did when I visited Seoul! It's a fun experience and something that you can bring home with you (new cooking skills) to enjoy...

Getting to Seoul

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!