Map &

Seoul History and Culture Small-Group Tour
From $52.00

Football/Soccer Tips (8)

Sangam 2002 World Cup Stadium

This place are The opening ceremony of 2002 Korea Japan World Cup opening ceremony and Semifinal of Korea Japan World Cup. it was completion 12.27. 2001. Sangam 2002 World Cup Stadium is the Top 10 most beautiful stadium of the World.

Apr 04, 2011

See the Korea National Football Team!

The Korean Red Devils are a great team to watch. They had a great showing at the 2002 World Cup. I was very excited to see them, but I didn't know how to get tickets for games that are usually sold out! I provided a website that lists match schedules, and to get get tickets, you only have to go to any "HANA BANK" and ask for tickets ("Chook-ku pyo?"). They will then show you the map of the stadium and you can choose where you prefer to sit, and price, etc. Easy!

MiddleEarthTraveller's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

get a "world cup fever" feeling

the opening match and one of the semi-final matches of the 2002 world cup was held in the Seoul World Cup stadium. at the entrance you'll find a gallery of pictures from the matches. tours of the stadium are also available for a fee.

uysijessa's Profile Photo
Aug 28, 2007

Start to the 2006 Germany World Cup

Start! Asian final games to the 2006 Germany World Cup at the Sangam World Cup Stadium. I had a enjoyed time for this game at the Sangam Stadium with my family.

Group A first round

77-2, Uljiro-5ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-196, South Korea
275-3, Euljiro5-ga, Jung-gu
133-1 Ulchiro 5-Ka, Chung-Ku, Seoul, South Korea
22-5 Chungmuro 5 ga, Junggu, Seoul, South Korea

Dae Han Min Guk, Da Da Da Dum Dum!

As we are all more than aware, 2002 heralded the Fifa Football World Cup, Co-hosted by Japan and Korea.

I remember before the world Cup started, a lot of Korean Journalists went to some football crazy countries like Brazil, Argentina and Italy and asked locals in the street, "Where is this year's World Cup being Hosted?" Virtually everybody replied "Japan!" Much to the disappointment of the Korean public who were hoping that the World cup would Showcase south Korea.

Anyway, after the world Cup had finished the Journalists asked the same question to the same football crazy people, from the same football crazy countries. Virtually Everybody replied "Korea!" Why, well Korea did showcase themselves, with amazing spirit, support and sportsmanship.

I will never forget being part of the support. The thousands of people in the streets, in the city squares, filling the stadiums in a sea of red. All yelling Slogans and singing songs like "Pilsung Korea" by Yoon Do Hyun Band. It was contagious, and compelling. One could do nothing but be picked up and swept away with the momentum.

The picture to the left shows a small portion of the 'Red Army' All chating "Dae Han Min Guk, Da Da Da Dum Dum!" So exciting. I am so happy to experience mass celebration at this level. Now I know what the Korean people mean by 'Oori" or 'We'.

Hmmmm's Profile Photo
Feb 04, 2004

World Cup 2002

I had the chance to see World Cup 2002 Semifinal Germany-Korea. Have a look at my travelogue for some more pictures.

Equipment You needed a ticket and a red jersey (it's a must!)

Carino's Profile Photo
Dec 23, 2003

Red Devil Fever

If you're a soccer fan and you missed the 2002 World Cup, I really feel for you - it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! For stories and pics, check out my world cup travelogue in my "Korea" chapter.

D_Shannon's Profile Photo
Oct 22, 2003

Chiwo Cheonwang ( Supporters Symbol )

This is symbolizes of Red Devils.
Red Devil are Korea National Foodball Team supporters
Chiwu is the legendary person, just called to the God of War

Feb 17, 2005
jburron's Profile Photo

"Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

"Return to Seoul"
kdoc13's Profile Photo

"Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
AKtravelers's Profile Photo

"Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
schwein's Profile Photo

"Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"

Things To Do in Seoul

Cheong Gye Cheon - Man Made Stream

Cheonggyecheon steam is a nice place to escape a busy Seoul lifestyle. In fact, steam is located just in the centre but somehow you don't feel like you are in the centre. Magic There are many small...

Korea House & Namsan Hanok Folk Village

At first there is no "entrance fee" completely open to public for free. In this village displays various household goods and furniture arranged in accordance with the times of which they were a part....

Heunginjimun Dongdaemoon - Great East Gate

Dongdaemun is known for its shopping area, a place for a cheap clothing items in Korea. But actually means Great East Gate. This is more commonly called Dongdaemun Gate, first built in 1398. This was...

Dongdaemun Market

I visited this night market during my last night in Seoul. I was not impresed as it was mainly a clothes market. The area though is great to walk around in the evening as it is surrounded by the big...
Things to do

Tapgol Park (Pagoda Park)

This is a crowded city centre park. Not so green, but with some interesting historical sites. Tapgol Park is built on the former site of Wongak Temple which was destroyed at a time when Buddhism was...

Ongo-food Communication,- Day Tours

Why not take a cooking class? Learn to cook a Korean dish. That's what I did when I visited Seoul! It's a fun experience and something that you can bring home with you (new cooking skills) to enjoy...

Getting to Seoul

We don't yet have an address for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Sports & Outdoors. Help us improve our info!