Airport Taxis, Bangkok

Bays for taxi
    Toll booth
    See the numbers above
    by shavy

Know about this? Rate It!

• TaxiGood Airport Transfer

by Johnbully Written Jul 7, 2016

Taxigood should rename the company to taxipoor due to there poor service.

I pre-booked online for a return transfer between Bangkok Airport and Pattaya for 2 Adults and 2 Children and my booking was confirmed.

The Internet site said not to worry if your plane is delayed as we will wait for you at the designated meeting point holding a sign with your name.

Unluckily for us our plane was delayed and we arrived just over one hour late and even more unlucky when we arrived at the designated meeting point no smiling person holding a sign with our name.

I phoned Taxigood and after a shirt conversation he confirmed a taxi would be there in 15 minutes.
    I thought not to worry we are on holiday and we have time to wait. I immediately sent an email to Taxigood and asked them to confirm our return trip 1 week later due to the misunderstanding in the Airport, tI got the confirmation email back almost immediately.

The day before our return trip I again asked Taxigood to confirm the pick up time of 10 Am the following day, and again immediately confirmation came back to me.

The following day at 9:55 no Taxigood So I start to worry as now we do not have time to wait, I send an email but no reply, it is now 10 Am and still no taxi a further email was sent and still no reply. Panic....

We then start to arrange a local company to collect as but would have to wait 30 minutes which could cause problems on arrival time at the airport. But luckily a taxi arrives from the airport and me manage to squeeze into a normal taxi.

I would recommend taking one of the many taxi services at the airport (But not Taxigood) and on your return journey a local taxi service or as an alternative a transfer bus such as Bell Services which I have also used and found to be very good.

• shavy's Profile Photo

Taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport to city center

by shavy Updated Apr 24, 2016

Taxis is on first floor (one floor below arrivals) just follow sign "public transport" this lead you outside terminal building

It was new for me. You just can't take a taxi outside not like before, you must first get a printed coupon to be able to have a taxi and with that coupon there is a "lane" number on it. You can see taxis are standing on bay number go to the lane number stated on your coupon and shown to driver

After coming to Bangkok several times I still have doubts with taxi service from Suvarnabhumi Airport to downtown. Now, taxis at airport is very good organize no more scams. You need a coupon which was really good. No one fight for a taxi and this way you are safe during your journey. A taxi ride from Suvarnabhumi Airport to center of Bangkok take almost an hour

All taxis are metered, once you get-in you will see the meter stand on (35 baht) and each kilometer the running meter jump to (2 baht). Our destination is in Khao San Road the total amount we pay for taxi is (450 baht) about 11 euro

We arrive in Bangkok in the afternoon we know is a rush hour, the driver asked if we'd like to take TOLL and we said okay. You have to pay extra for the toll of (50 baht) (1 euro) you can choose either you pay yourself in cash or the driver. Be sure you have "Thai Baht" with you and in small bill, change at the airport before taking taxi. If the driver will pay this, will be additional to the amount of what in taxi meter stated. Very important note...." prepared to have in Baht currency for taxi" change or withdraw cash at the airport

Bays for taxi See the numbers above Order your taxi coupon here Don't do it your self Toll booth

• Taxi from airport

by traveldude78 Written Jun 10, 2012

I would also say take a cab. Instead of getting one from outside arrival, go up to departure instead. It's slightly cheaper..I stayed at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit when I was in bangkok.

If I remember correctly, the fare from the airport to Sukhumvit was less than 500 baht. Just make sure that the driver turns on the meter, that way he doesn't just quote you any price. Happy travels!

• Business Travel

• Winkie's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

by Winkie Written Mar 27, 2011

Look for the public taxis outside the airport; there is a 50 baht surcharge, then we paid an additional 270 which was around $10 to take us directly to Khao San Rd. I think it would also depend on what time you arrive, we arrived at midnight so there probably wouldn't be much other public transportation anyway.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Airport Taxi...GROUND LEVEL…METERED TAXI...

by Greggor58 Written Mar 6, 2011

If you don’t mind spending a little more money for transit into Bangkok from the airport and depending on the time of day you will go into town from Suvarnabhumi Airport this might prove to be a decent way to spend a few extra Baht.

I found and used a METERED taxi on the GROUND LEVEL from Door 8. The doors are numbered and you will easily find the line for taxis, access is controlled and assigned in a pretty organized fashion. Go down a level from the main Arrivals level and you’ll find the taxis. I was staying in the Banglamphoo area and I think I paid about the equivalent of about $ 20.00 including the tolls used for the freeway. Given the distance involved I thought it was a pretty reasonable cost.

The LITTLE catch with using this mode of transit is that to save money in transit time its BEST for the driver to use the TOLL freeway and you must pay for the TOLL in addition to the taxi fare, however in the long run it’s still faster than using the buses that are available.

If I was arriving mid day during the week I would consider other cheaper options to get into the city because of traffic congestion but during off hours this proved to be a fast and efficient way to get to my accommodation. Nowadays the airport is served by a sky train to move you to the downtown area of Bangkok so the train might be a better option for you although I like the idea of hopping into a taxi.

If you use the taxis on the MAIN floor Arrivals level you can negotiate a fixed rate but it will not be metered and it’s MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE so BEWARE of this….CHEAPER and METERED taxis are to be found on the ground floor level below ARRIVALS…take the elevator or escalator down and walk to door 8.

Website: http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/14

Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi Airport,Bangkok. Metered Taxi,Suvarnabhumi Airport,Bangkok.
    • Museum Visits
    • Photography

• imd8ta's Profile Photo

Any Airport Taxi

by imd8ta Written Jan 25, 2010

Never, ever take anything but a metered taxi available outside the airport. Those inside will cost you dearly and you'll probably end up somewhere other than planned as you will be convinced that your hotel is booked solid, or has even reciently burned to the ground. A big problem here, believe me as I see it every time I'm ion the airports and constantly warn the unknowing first time tourists. Get in the que outside tell them where you want to go and they will assign you a taxi. If you take the highway you will be expected to pay the tolls. Depending on where in the city your going, typically 2 tolls, less that 100 baht combined and expect your fare to be 200 or so baht. Always take a metered taxi.
    In the city they're everywhere with a lit light on the roof. Tell them where your going because many times they will refuse to take you if it will involve a lot of traffic congestion.
    Take care

Phone: 0840937172

Airport to Airport

by bulldogtwo Written Nov 24, 2009

Hi Jan, very easily. Should only take you about 20-30 by taxi, at most. I don't know what bus takes you there but you will have plenty of time to spare either way. On a saturday and 9am there will be no traffic that will delay you. Shouldn't be more than a couple hundred baht but make sure that you have the driver run the meter, or grab another taxi.
    Not sure where you are talking about for hotels when you say, "centrally located?" in Bangkok downtown or by the airport? There are literally hundreds of web sites to check hotels by locations and rates. Try www.asiawebdirect.com and they have a lot of great information as well, great web site.
    Good luck and have fun

Website: http://www.asiawebdirect.com

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Taxi to the Airport

by balhannah Written Jun 29, 2009

The 1st time I took a Taxi to the Airport from my Hotel near Phra Arthit wharf, I was told a set fare of 400tb.
    The second time, I asked for the Meter to run. I was travelling from MBK. What I didn't realize until too late, was that he wouldn't use the expressway, took the side roads and we were in bad traffic jams. The Expressway was often alongside, and I could see the traffic zooming along while we were at a standstill. Through this, I only just made it in time for my flight.
    If you are going to use the meter, THEN CHECK FIRST IF THEY ARE GOING BY EXPRESSWAY OR BACKROADS, it makes a lot of difference to the time it takes to get there.

• aberacadabra's Profile Photo

At the Airport

by aberacadabra Written May 4, 2009

Once you arrive at the airport, the best way to get to Bangkok is via meter taxi. Now, there are two ways you can catch a taxi. The tourist way is to exit the building at the arrivals hall at gate 3 and go to the meter taxi counter to take a taxi. Try very hard to ignore the official and unofficial touts in the arrivals hall. Make sure that the taximan turns on the meter. A B50 surcharge applies on top of the meter fare and tollway charges if used.
    The second method whereby most if not all Thais use is to go up to the arrivals hall and take a taxi where a departing passenger has got off. That way, you avoid paying the B50 surcharge.
    The airport train is about to be ready as I am typing this but still, I would prefer the more personal and direct door to door meter taxi.

When departing Thailand, make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to go through immigration as it can take forever processing a passenger, not forgetting it is a huge airport too.

perpetually long immigration queue

• yukisanto's Profile Photo

From the new airport to bangkok

by yukisanto Written Jan 23, 2009

from the airport, there is a metered taxi queue on the left side after you come out of customs. It may be long, but it's pretty fast. you tell the person at the counter where you are headed and he'll tell the cab driver.

beware: there is a toll charge along the way, but make sure that you pay at the toll instead of the driver, coz some drivers pay first and then charge you a much higher rate. That's what happened when the 6 of us took 2 cabs, and the other group was asked to pay the total fare at the end, while our cabby asked us to pay at the toll booth (25baht) and our cab fares differed by 70 baht, even after including the toll charges.

• loowl's Profile Photo

Taxi to town area

by loowl Written Jan 1, 2009

We caught a taxi at the departure hall instead of the arrival hall. We negotiated the price with the taxi driver and quickly hoped into the taxi. The taxi is not supposed to pick up any passengers at the departure hall but a lot of taxi drivers are doing that.

Initially we asked for 250 baht and the taxi driver told us we need to pay toll. We asked what is the best price inclusive of toll and settled for 300 bhat. Later we found that there is no toll on the way to the hotel.

• School Holidays

Tarnsportation from airport to Sukhumvit Rd

by bulldogtwo Written Dec 29, 2008

The easiest and fastest way is by taxi. As you exit the airport you will see taxi stands just before you hit the road. Grab ticket, attendants will approach you usually, and wait for your taxi. It's about 500 baht or less from airport to downtown Sukhumvit Rd. You will have to pay for the toll road, minimal. Yeah it's more than taking the bus or MRT but so much faster and convenient, not to mention the taxi will take you right to your hotel. Bus or MRT you'll end up taking a taxi anyway once you get into town, and you'll have to drag your luggage around.

Taxi from Airport to downtown Bangkok

by bulldogtwo Written Oct 21, 2008

The price at the taxi stand should run you about 600B and that should also include the toll. You could get a meter run taxi and that may run you about 400-500 but probably about the same to Khao San Rd. You are better off with the taxi stand. Unless it is way out of the way, the price will be the same in the general area of downtown.

• mthl79's Profile Photo

Meter taxis at the Airport

by mthl79 Updated May 20, 2008

Just got back from Bangkok last week, being first timer there, I really don't know my way around, so its better to take a taxi from the airport to the city, it save your time, and all the hassle you might face there, and its cheap as well.

A note to point is that, remember to get the Airport public taxi not the Airport Limo or the taxi tons tons.

You will be at the 2nd floor (the arrival gate), after collecting your luggage head outside and turn right, you will see the Airport personal manning the taxis, go to them and tell them where you are going, they will give you a piece of paper for the taxi driver, this is to make sure the taxi runs on meter. You will be told in advanced that you are required to pay additional 50bath for the toll.

There you go hope this help

• mad4travel's Profile Photo

Transfer from the new airport to downtown

by mad4travel Written Mar 15, 2008

A Taxi is the easiest wayto get from the airport to downtown
    Its about 700 baht to the centre. You will be bombarded with people asking if you want a limo or taxi as you walk out of the airport. Ignore them all and head for the taxi rank. There will be someone there who will take your fare before you board.
    It also helps having the name and address of the hotel written down so they can understand you easier.

• Business Travel