Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Bangkok Cabaret Show
"Bangkok's Calypso cabaret has showcased the unique flair and astonishing beauty of these Thai performing artists since it was created more than 25 years ago. If you are seeking something beyond the mainstream then this cabaret show featuring talented transgender performers is your ticket!You'll be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the Calypso Theater to enjoy a colorful evening of cabaret Bangkok-style. With your choice of an early or late evening show settle in at your lamp-lit table for an outstanding presentation as the stage sparkles with lively music dance and entertainment. The cabaret opens with glittery evening gowns on display and includes acts from burlesque performers to the traditional dances of the geisha. Watch an Elvis impersonator with his ‘groupies’ listen to classic favorites of the old-time music hall and see the incredible Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe come to life.When the curtain comes down
From THB1,320.00

Bangkok Calypso Cabaret
"If you’ve experienced the magic of Calypso Cabaret before you’ll be delighted to hear the show holds true to its 25-year-old tradition of providing first-grade family friendly cabaret entertainment with a unique Thai flair.The new Calypso Cabaret theater accommodates 480 guests and the restaurant offers traditional Thai dinners accompanied by a Khon dance show before the main entertainment begins.Itinerary 8pm Pickup from yo""Meet and greet the tour guide at your Hotel and transfer to the Calypso Cabaret. You’ll love every minute you spend in Calypso. On stage is a bevy of professional entertainers presenting artistic impersonations through songs and tales of love and adventurtitle=Highlights&1=Family+friendly&2=All+entrance+fees+included&3=Hotel+pickup+included""
From $32.00

Calypso Cabaret Show Ticket
"Calypso lady Boy Cabaret Show has creatively performed so spectacular and wonderful shows that it is called “The Number one Lady-Boy Cabaret show of Bangkok.” It gives you one of the warmest welcomes you can find in the land of smiles and does in many ki there are over 1500 small boutique shops and so many restaurants and bar. You can enjoy nice dinner and shopping before and after of the show.You will enjoy a variety of performances from show tunes to Chinese love songs Korean pop and Japanese geisha dancing. There is something for everyone. Be amazed by the energy of the performers who dance their way through two shows a night.""""Calypso lady Boy Cabaret Show at New Theater in "" Asiatique The River Front"" This is Most famous and biggest show in Bangkok of The Beautiful Lady-Boy."
From JPY3,300.00

Tuk-tuks Tips (62)

Tuk -Tuk , a must experience

The simple Tuk Tuk remains an important mode of transport , however I believe its presence is fading , possibly due to the Skytrain and the new Metro rail system giving better and more efficient transport. The Skyrail and metro only service certain areas and the Tuk Tuk remains prominent in areas where rail has not reached.
It is a refreshing experience if not scary at times to take a journey in these little machines. More often than not the tourist loses control when he enters the Tuk Tuk as the direct route is nearly always via a tailor or jeweller, where the driver earns commision in a petrol allowance should you stay 5 or 10 minutes. Should a sale be made he earns a commission and if he is generous he may not charge you for the journey.
Enjoy your trip.

Mikebb's Profile Photo
Mikebb
Mar 13, 2006

Tuk Tuks…Art in Motion

These are all individually designed and painted little open air “people movers”…some say they’re dangerous which they probably are but each one is a little different from the other and I kind of liked the tacky colors and dingle balls and neon that most were decorated with.

I used these little oil guzzlers more than a few times getting around in certain areas of Bangkok…and for the most part I thought it was kind of fun, for sure…a little noisy…and a little smelly but there was almost a feeling of a ride at the carnival whenever I used them. I like the feel of wind blowing on my face and through the little hair that I have left.
The fumes from the engines were sometimes a little much but it was a cheap way of getting around and it was a challenge to obtain a price that I thought was fair for transport.

PRICES for transport with these things are NEGOTIABLE.

BUYER BEWARE…these guys, Tuk Tuk drivers will TRY to squeeze you for more than what the ride is worth. So for sure..PLAY with them and enjoy the little battle of wills…more than once I let the guy drive away, unsatisfied with the price he wanted to charge.. soon enough there was another coming down the road looking for a way to make a buck.
There are a billion of these around Bangkok so don’t worry about letting them go on if he won’t meet your price.

Greggor58's Profile Photo
Greggor58
Mar 06, 2011

Go TuK TuK (Samlor or 3 wheels car)

These three-wheeled 'open-air' motorised taxis are popular for short journeys. Fares must be bargained in advance. Minimum fares, for journeys of up to 3 kilometers, are approximately 30 baht.

for new adventure in the city, some people like Tuk Tuk, some said that it's too fast and dangerous, some said Tuk Tuk is expensive. I think Tuk Tuk is a unique transportation in Bangkok which not bad to try.

Pat_Bangkok's Profile Photo
Pat_Bangkok
Oct 21, 2006

Tuk-Tuk

Ok, a tuk-tuk is neither the cheapest nor the safest way to get around, but for me a visit to Bangkok isn't complete without it.
Always negotiate the fare before getting on and don't fall for offers to show you around BKK for 10 Baht/h unless you want to end up visiting one shop after the other.

bijo69's Profile Photo

74 Sukhumvit Road, Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nua), Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
981 Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand
204 Ratchadapisek Road, Huay Kwang, Bangkok, 10320, Thailand
Hotels
1627 / 2 Latkrabang Road, between Soi Latkrabang 11 and 13, Bangkok, 10520, Thailand

Cheap transport

Tuk tuks are a cheap way of getting around Bangkok. You will have no trouble flagging one down, in fact they will more than likely approach you first!
Make sure you agree on a price before you get in, prices are negotiable.
We caught one from Chinatown to Khao San Rd for only 80baht which we thought was good value split between 3 people. Yes, 3 of us fitted in the tuk tuk...but only just!
It was a case of get in and hold on tight. Our driver took great delight in zipping in and around the traffic!! I think the object is to get to the destination as quick as possible and find another fare.
Lots of fun and an experience not to be missed.

aussiejen's Profile Photo
aussiejen
Sep 13, 2006

Samlor!

Tuk Tuks aka as Samlors (motorised three wheelers)

They are small utility vehicles, powered by notoriously noisy two-stroke engines, They are worth using for short rides, but can be uncomfortable and unstable in heavy traffic or during rainy days. Fares should be negotiated before departure.

daryll's Profile Photo
daryll
Jun 29, 2006

Just be wary

We were fully aware of the tuktuk scams but we still managed to end up on a tuktuk tour. A random Thai man flagged a tuktuk down for us and showed us (and the tuktuk driver) places we should visit before we go to the Grand Palace (apparently it was closed for the morning and we believed him on this occasion because a reliable source told us it was a public holiday that day). So anyway, we were told it would cost us 40 baht. I was very suspicious yet somehow my boyfriend was convinced it would be ok and we ended up on this tuktuk.

Our first stop appeared to be a dodgy back alley carpark which worried me what I had got myself into, until I got out of the tuktuk and saw a building with an ornate roof and was told that this was the "Lucky Buddha Temple" which was only open to tourists one day a year (I'm pretty sure that was a lie but we got some nice photos and it didn't cost us anything so I didn't mind). Then we were taken to the Marble Temple. Then unfortunately our next 3 stops were at various gem/silk shops. Our tuktuk driver was very honest and told us if we spent 5 minutes looking around, we didn't have to buy anything, then he would get a petrol voucher. We appreciated his honesty and obliged, particularly as we hadn't paid him yet and he had already taken us to a couple of temples.

We parted ways with our tuktuk driver at the Grand Palace, so we got there in the end. It was a good experience to ride a tuktuk but just be wary and always negotiate a price before you get in.

clueless83's Profile Photo
clueless83
Jun 07, 2008

What would Bangkok be without its Tuk-Tuks

First things first:
Taking a Tuk-Tuk is actually not as bad as people say it is.

YES, it is noisy!
YES, it usually is more expensive than a taxi.
YES, you are sitting completely exposed, inhaling the fumes of the passing cars.
YES, it could be rather dangerous at times.

However, especially for first-time visitors, it still is a great experience and you should try to take a Tuk-Tuk at least once to later tell your kids about it. ;-)

Rule no.1: Don't get in without having agreed upon a fixed price.
Rule no.2: Don't get in if you're in a hurry.
Rule no.3: Don't get in if you're not prepared for the draught of wind/fumes.
Rule no.4: Get your camera ready but fasten it around your wrist.
Rule no.5: Enjoy!

It is advisable to have an approximate idea on the fare to your destination. Compare the fares of the BTS or Metro (if available) or estimate the taxi fare and set yourself a limit. Once you're set, haggle, haggle and haggle again and don't compromise too much. If they don't accept your offer, just walk away and try the next Tuk-Tuk...

Vita500's Profile Photo
Vita500
Nov 01, 2007

volopolo

"Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

blueskyjohn

"Bangkok"

yen_2

"tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
syllybabe's Profile Photo

syllybabe

"Heightened Senses X 2"
thedouglas's Profile Photo

thedouglas

"Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
View Member

Tuk-Tuk---comes from the engine sound

I paid about 20 Baht from Rama V memorial to MBK centre. I bargained with the driver that he can send me to some boutique stalls selling jewellery and silk so that he can collect his petrol vouchers. It is a win-win situation. I got cheap trips and view factories and he got his worth.

Applelyn's Profile Photo
Applelyn
Mar 06, 2006

Tuk-Tuk

The only way to travel inside Bangkok in my opinion is via tuk-tuk. These three wheel motor scooters are fearless and will weave throughout traffic with no trouble whatsoever!

I did find it sort of ironic however that they all wear masks to protect themselves from the pollution, but there is no recommendation that the passenger wears one! Several times, being in the open air next to busses, it would have made sense!

Fares ranged from $.50 USD to $3 USD depending on how far and where you had to go.

Negotiation is always essential, as fixed prices creep up if you do not deal right away. Never get in a tuk-tuk without a price at the beginning.

ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
ATXtraveler
Mar 04, 2007

Tuk Tuk- A ride to remember

Since you're in Thailand, you might as well try a ride on the Tuk Tuk, just for the experience.

We took a Tuk Tuk on the 1st night from Silom back to the hotel. The 1st Tuk Tuk driver wanted 200Bht which we knew were way too expensive. We tried bargaining for 100Bht, but he was unwilling. Just as we were leaving, another younger Tuk Tuk driver came to us and accepted the offer of 100Bht.

It's my first & last ride on the tuk tuk during my trip. It's really a thrilling ride with the little tuk tuk weaving in & out of traffic. Sometimes, you find that you're just inches away from the bus next to you. And with the constant traffic jam, you can imagine the air quality.

For the rest of our stay, we travelled using the meter taxis. The trips never costs more than 100Bht & we don't have to bargain. Even if there's a jam, you're still in the comfort of an air-conditioned taxi.

sheryl_tan's Profile Photo
sheryl_tan
Dec 11, 2009

Not always the best option

I must say I had much better fares with metered taxi’s than with Tuk-Tuks. The Tuk-Tuks drives inflate prices hearing if you don’t want to go to a shop/emporium with them (for their commission)
Do bargain with both taxis and tuk- tuk drivers.

PierreZA's Profile Photo
PierreZA
Mar 29, 2008

Things to Do Near Bangkok

Mahakan Fort

after the sack of ayuthaya and the fall of the ayuthaya empire to the burmese in the 17th century. the present Chakri Dynasty became the leader of thailand and to defend the new capital of bangkok...

Calypso Cabaret

Live cabaret, theater and ladyboy show twice a night at The Asia Hotel in Bangkok. Featuring beautiful Thai dancers and stunning, stage designs that create scenes from around the world. It is a...

Democracy Monument

Monument commemorating the student protest that led to the establishment of Democracy in Thailand. Today the monument would be somewhat ironic given the military coops that have marked the divisive...

Siam Square

Herbal fluffy rice flour cake of Baan Morakot, OTOP from Sakaew Province looks colorful and delicious. The ingredients are all natural and it tastes fantastic. You can purchase this product at “OTOP...

Patong Horror Show

They have turned a big house into a horror show and my girlfriend likes horror movies so we decided to go and take a look. And it turned out to be a great success (at least for my girlfriend :-) We...

Siam Ocean World

Ocean World Siam Ocean world a wonderfull world in the centre of Bangkok. Admission fee: 650 Baht with cinema 4D. Information Name: Siam Ocean World Theme: Sharks, Fish, 4d cinema Location:...

Getting to Bangkok

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map