Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Half-Day Electric Bike Tour in Koh Samui
"The bike tour starts daily at 10am from Bophut near Fisherman’s village in Koh Samui lead by a multi-lingual guide. You will visit the amazing temples of Big Buddha and Wat Plai Laem. On the way to the Temples of Big Buddha and Wat Plai Laem you will passing by some local areas such as Maenam Beach Fisherman's Village and the Bangkrak Markets. The Bangkrak Market is a daily market used by the locals and will give you an authentic experience of everyday Thai living! There are also great snacks and drinks available here to enjoy.You will stop you will move on to one of the best places to visit Wat Plai Leam it is close to the Big Buddha and also a large temple complex where you can take many interesting photos here. This place has a few temples by the water as well. You can feed the fish in the pond for small pocket change. Please note you need to dress appropriately and taking off your shoe before enter the temples."""
From THB1,000.00

Private 4x4 off Road Samui Island Safari
"Our driver and guide will meet you at your hotel at 9am. Our first destination is the very famous rock formation of Hin Ta and Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother) located at the idyllic emerald sea. Our guide will explain the Thai legend of this extraordinary rock formation. After a short drive you will arrive to the mummified monk temple. Next a monkey show awaits you to discover how Samui trained monkeys harvest coconuts from the trees and then enjoy the fruits of their labor. With Koh Samui’s hot weather it is always refreshing to drink a young fresh coconut. Then we will go for a ju trekking on the back of these majestic animals through beautiful jungle and next to the waterfalls is an unforgettable experience not to miss. You can also meet and feed the elephants an amazing photo opportunity at Baan Chang safari park.Next our local experienced driver will take you aboard 4x4 off road trucks to Samui mountain peaks throw tropical Asian jungles and highlands to see some of rural Thailand. Around noon if you magic and peace of this remote place which serve as a meditation center for Samui's Buddhist monks. We will stop at several view points for photo opportunities offering panoramic views of Ko Samui and neighboring islands and the mainland includin by kutis
From THB7,500.00

Private Ko Samui Island Tour with Air-Conditioned VIP Minivan
"Our driver and guide will meet you at your hotel at 9am.  Our first destination is the very famous rock formation of Hin Ta and Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother) located at the idyllic emerald Sea. Our guide will explain the Thai legend of this extraordinary rock formation. After a short drive you will arrive to the mummified monk temple.  Next a monkey show awaits you to discover how Samui trained monkeys harvest coconuts from the trees and then enjoy the fruits of their labor.  With Koh Samui’s hot weather it is always refreshing to drink a young fresh coconut. Then we will trekking on the back of these majestic animals through beautiful jungle and next to the waterfalls is an unforgettable experience not to miss. You can also meet and feed the elephants an amazing photo opportunity at Baan Chang safari park.  Next we will visit Laem Sor Pagoda set on a beach in the much quieter southernmost tip of Koh Samui. The pagoda has a golden glowing appearance especially in the sunlight
From THB7,500.00

Language Tips (3)

Basic communication

As with any foreign country it is an advantage to learn some basic communication terms.In thai it is handy to know the following terms.

Sa-wa-dee khap for males,Sa-wa-dee ka for females(hello or goodbye).

Kap kun khap for males,kap kun ka for females(thank you).

Other handy one`s are

Cow jye my(do you understand)

Cow jye(yes i do)

My cow jye(no I don`t)

Choo-ay dai mai (Can you help me )

Gee(as in guest) baht (how many baht is this)

Mai ao ( as in cow) khap or ka I don`t want. politely

My Pen Rai khap or ka ( your welcome )

Dee Maak ( very good )

A good one for all you single men to learn (but never say)is Pom raak kun (I love you)

This not the correct spelling,just the easiest way I found for english pronounciation.
If you have even the most basic knowledge of the thai language you will be surprised how it will help you.I used a book called Thai for beginners by Benjawan Poomsan Becker.It`sgot everything you need.I also used some web sites that have thai people pronouncing the words and phrases.Go to a search engine e,g Google and enter learn to speak thai and Bob`s your aunty.

jamiesamui's Profile Photo
jamiesamui
Oct 04, 2006

Hard to find thai people can speak english

Thai people.

Talking about the people here, the local people are so friendly, we can see it from the moment we are inside the train, they try to talk to us even we cannot understand what are they try to say, and one of the boy who work inside the train will stopping by at our place as often as he can and try to communicate and talk with us, I think he just interested to talk with me and my Boy friend is because we are from very different races. To communicate with the people there we are using the hands language or signal because not many local can speak English. Since I am also Asian like them, most of the time they will speak Thai with me, that would be fun at first, but when it happen quite often, so I just get annoying by it, but I understand that they don’t recognized me as other visitors as well.

hash09's Profile Photo
hash09
May 15, 2005

TRY THE LANGUAGE

On my first visit everything was so new I didn't get much of a chance to let the language sink in. During my last trip however I had a better opportunity to learn some of the local language. When I arrived by myself this time, it kind of forced me to try and understand the local language. When I was with my girl, she would help me to pronounce words better and this helped a great deal. .
I noticed that even an attempt at using the language produced a respective response, in most situations. I expect that I will learn as much more on each future visit as I can, and look forward to the results. I found this to be true again on my last trip while touring with my new girlfriend and her friends.

mamasan69's Profile Photo