Map &

From THB7,500.00
Private Ko Samui Island Tour with Air-Conditioned VIP Minivan
From THB7,500.00

Reggae Bar Tips (10)

Reggae Bar: Need a Reggae Party!

The Reggae pub is a great way to ease yourself into a good night out.
It starts off really at about 10.30 with some Reggae music and some rock ballads. They have a very good house band caaled "Big Roots" that has been playing there nightly for quite some time now.
As the place fills up a bit the band plays more funky dance tunes and some newer stuff and then hands over to a DJ for some of the latest dance music around.
Should you go there alone as I did when I was single and you will meet people and have a good time for sure.
Try thier buckets of Vodka and Red bull to get you kick started!! ;-P
Big dance floor and it is open sided so it is not as hot as other clubs in Chaweng.

Dress Code No dress requirement just cool and casual.
Shorts and a tee shirt for the guys is enough.

austarman's Profile Photo
Feb 14, 2010

Reggae Bar: Reggae Bar

Reggae bar is situated very near to the Chaweng beach itself. It is also a very popular night hang out place for locals and tourist alike. I did not manage to find out the address but if you were to ask the locals around, you will be able to locate it.

kenningst's Profile Photo
Jun 02, 2008

Reggae Bar: Seedy!

Hmmmm what to say about the Reggae Bar.... Well it's a great place to see the seedier side of Samui that's for sure. It does what it says - it's a reggae bar so expect lots of Bob Marley tunes. It was reasonably quiet when we went and seemed to be mainly older men surrounded by very young Thai girls.

It has its plus points though - there's a nice view over the lake and the cocktails are pretty good. Would have liked to have seen it when it was a bit more lively but it wasn't my cup of tea so I avoided the place after that...

Dress Code No dress code

clouds111's Profile Photo
Nov 16, 2007

Reggae Pub: For the young one`s

The Reggae Pub is situated across Chaweng lake and is probably just as popular as the Green Mango.On my last two trips to the Reggae there has been a seven piece band.The music they play is mainly reggae,popular,dance with even the odd rock`n`roll tune slipped in.After the band finishes at 12.30 am there is a D.J pumping out music till 2 am. One tip don`t go if you`ve got a headache. Like the green mango if you love to dance, do yourself a favour and spend an evening or 2 there.
A friendly tip if you plan on taking a Thai person here make sure they have their ID card with them or they won`t get in.

Dress Code Light & cool

132/1 Moo. 4, T. Namuang, Koh Samui 84300, 84140, Thailand
295 Moo 3, Taling Ngam Beach, , Koh Samui, 84140, Thailand
162/8 Moo 2, T. Bo Phut, Chaweng, 84320, Thailand

Reggae Bar: Reggae Bar

This place when i went to koh samui the second time was where all the "action" of the island seemed to be. My friend and i had rented a motorbike so we kept checking all around to make sure we'd found the best spot. The band which was on after 11, had a number of band members including a male and female singer who alternated depending on the song. It made sure that the place was full of people, and that everyone was dancing..

Dress Code None aparent, but most tended to dress up a little bit.

Designerartgirl's Profile Photo
Oct 09, 2005

I once again came back to my favorite bar on Samui on my latest trip, and made my apperance every night for the week that I was here. I wasn't going to go everyday but what can I say, I love it here, the staff treat me very good and I can't get enough of the house band.
On that note, as soon as I came into the bar on my first night, it was like I had never left for 6 months. The bar staff, band, and DJ all remembered who I was and it was just like partying with my friends back home. The staff never left me for long without bringing me a drink (sometimes free) and the band allowed me many pics and video. When I wasn't taking pics or video, the staff would take my cameras and stash them for me behind the bar. Like my trip last September, by the end of my stay, people were asking me if I worked here (I wish..hehe).
I can't say enough about this bar, I have met so many great people here, and when people ask me "what bars are good on Samui", I always tell them to come here. So far I haven't had any complaints, after the people check it out for themself and have a blast.

Dress Code None required, but it might not be a bad idea to hit the store across the street from the pub, and buy yourself a Bob Marley shirt.

Oct 02, 2005

Reggae Bar: Empty

Went to Reggae Pub at 11 on a Wednesday night during the rainy season, and it was a ghost town. We made our way about two hundred yards down the street to Ringside Pub for a beer and to watch some soccer, where my buddy proceeded to get hustled by a five year-old in two games of Connect 4. Mike got taken for 100 baht. It was priceless.

Dress Code Casual.

TylerB's Profile Photo
Jun 01, 2005

On my second visit to Koh Samui I had to experience this place once again. I was on Samui for 18 days total and I probably ended up here at least 10 times.
The place was just as crazy as the last time I was here and I just loved it. The band played excellent and the people I brought here couldn't get enough.
Near the end of my visit, people that were coming new into the bar thought I actually worked here, I wish. On that note, I met a ton of people here this time, and this made for a great night on my birthday.

Dress Code Wear what you feel comfortable in, some nights it rained on me but it just cools everything off.

May 04, 2005

Top 5 Ko Samui Writers

jamiesamui's Profile Photo

"Koh Samui"

clouds111's Profile Photo

"Samui Sun"
JessH's Profile Photo

"Ko Samui - something for everyone"
pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Ko Samui"
View Member

From the moment I walked into this bar I knew I was coming back. The bar is wide open with a huge dancefloor and stage at one end, tables right near the lake, and an upper level that has pool tables and the DJ booth.
This place is always packed after about 9-10:00pm and carries on until 2:00am. The seven piece band that played every night I was there were great. They played a mix of their own music, old classics, and of course Bob Marley.
Right behind the band on the stage is a huge carved face of Bob, hanging on the wall. I happen to love Bob so this was another plus for me, and this place.
On Feb. 12th I was lucky enough to be here for the 16th anniversary and it was a night I will never forget. There were all kinds of draws and drinking games and it was quite funny to experience, not to mention way too many buckets of Thai whiskey and beer.
I spent lots of my time here at night while I was In Koh Samui, and I can't wait to get back and enjoy it all over again.

Dress Code Light comfortable clothing, and if you are with Thai local they will need to show ID.

May 03, 2005

Backstage Rockbar in Lamai!: Best Rock Music place!

If you like Rock Music like AC/DC, Metallica, Thin Lizzy, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc., you've definatly come to the right place.Enjoy it!

Dress Code Anything you like!

gunnor's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Things To Do Near Ko Samui

Things to Do

Located inside the Tropical Garden (a very affordable 50baht per person), the waterfall and surrounding tropical forest itself is gorgeous. However, when you pay your entry fee to the garden they...
Things to Do

Angthong National Marine Park

Koh Samui! Koh Samui! I like Koh Samui. This is the second biggest island in Thailand. Kingdom of coconuts. Koh Samui have a lot of small islands with white sand, crystal clear water. I love it!!!...

Getting to Ko Samui

Across Chaweng lake

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!