map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Half-Day Electric Bike Tour in Koh Samui
"The bike tour starts daily at 10am from Bophut near Fisherman’s village in Koh Samui lead by a multi-lingual guide. You will visit the amazing temples of Big Buddha and Wat Plai Laem. On the way to the Temples of Big Buddha and Wat Plai Laem you will passing by some local areas such as Maenam Beach Fisherman's Village and the Bangkrak Markets. The Bangkrak Market is a daily market used by the locals and will give you an authentic experience of everyday Thai living! There are also great snacks and drinks available here to enjoy.You will stop you will move on to one of the best places to visit Wat Plai Leam it is close to the Big Buddha and also a large temple complex where you can take many interesting photos here. This place has a few temples by the water as well. You can feed the fish in the pond for small pocket change. Please note you need to dress appropriately and taking off your shoe before enter the temples."""
From THB1,000.00

Private 4x4 off Road Samui Island Safari
"Our driver and guide will meet you at your hotel at 9am. Our first destination is the very famous rock formation of Hin Ta and Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother) located at the idyllic emerald sea. Our guide will explain the Thai legend of this extraordinary rock formation. After a short drive you will arrive to the mummified monk temple. Next a monkey show awaits you to discover how Samui trained monkeys harvest coconuts from the trees and then enjoy the fruits of their labor. With Koh Samui’s hot weather it is always refreshing to drink a young fresh coconut. Then we will go for a ju trekking on the back of these majestic animals through beautiful jungle and next to the waterfalls is an unforgettable experience not to miss. You can also meet and feed the elephants an amazing photo opportunity at Baan Chang safari park.Next our local experienced driver will take you aboard 4x4 off road trucks to Samui mountain peaks throw tropical Asian jungles and highlands to see some of rural Thailand. Around noon if you magic and peace of this remote place which serve as a meditation center for Samui's Buddhist monks. We will stop at several view points for photo opportunities offering panoramic views of Ko Samui and neighboring islands and the mainland includin by kutis
From THB7,500.00

Private Ko Samui Island Tour with Air-Conditioned VIP Minivan
"Our driver and guide will meet you at your hotel at 9am.  Our first destination is the very famous rock formation of Hin Ta and Hin Yai (Grandfather and Grandmother) located at the idyllic emerald Sea. Our guide will explain the Thai legend of this extraordinary rock formation. After a short drive you will arrive to the mummified monk temple.  Next a monkey show awaits you to discover how Samui trained monkeys harvest coconuts from the trees and then enjoy the fruits of their labor.  With Koh Samui’s hot weather it is always refreshing to drink a young fresh coconut. Then we will trekking on the back of these majestic animals through beautiful jungle and next to the waterfalls is an unforgettable experience not to miss. You can also meet and feed the elephants an amazing photo opportunity at Baan Chang safari park.  Next we will visit Laem Sor Pagoda set on a beach in the much quieter southernmost tip of Koh Samui. The pagoda has a golden glowing appearance especially in the sunlight
From THB7,500.00

Animals & Wildlife Tips (6)

Elephants like bananas

On the way to the area where the elephants are kept i had eaten a banana and afterwards wiped my hands off on my pants as we kids like to do.
As you can see in the photo, these elephants are kept on a short chain and that's all, so when this little guy got close enough to me to smell the banana on my pants he pulled on my pant leg towards him until they were around my ankles. Lucky for me Dad was not far away and was able to pull me from the little guys grasp before anything bad happened.
Lucky for me it was the little guy who got hold of me and not one of the bigger ones.
My warning to all: Do not go near these elephants if you smell like a banana.

Princess_Emily's Profile Photo
Princess_Emily
Sep 19, 2009

Monkey

They are cute to look at but, keep your distance. This little guy ran up my leg, and tried to grab my camera out of my hands. Luckily this time around I was faster, so no damage was done. Two bikini clad girls came along shortly after me and one suffered a nasty bite to her finger. Best advice: Stay away from these little creatures.

Princess_Emily's Profile Photo
Princess_Emily
Sep 19, 2009

Calling all Animal Lovers!

If seeing the street dogs in Koh Samui upsets you, and if you're a good person and animal lover, instead of turning a blind-eye why not do something about it?

Try something different during your holidays and volunteer at the
Dog Rescue Centre Samui!

The centre is owned and run by Brigitte & her husband Werner (both German, but fluent in English). It opened its doors in April 1999 and carries out the following activities:
- To inject all stray dogs and cats against rabies.
- To sterilise all dogs and cats by castration.
- To treat dogs suffering from mange.
- To deworm all dogs & cats.
- To treat all stray dogs & cats in the event of injury or sickness and give them somewhere to rest.

The centre either captures, sterilises, vaccinates and releases healthy dogs, or allows older or injured dogs to stay at their large shelter to live a happy and healthy life.
Not only dogs, but also cats are helped by the DRCS and Brigitte and Werner also try to rehome animals on the island, or even help with tourists wishing to adopt a dog/cat and transporting them to their home country at the end of their holiday in Samui.

John and I volunteered for 2 days at the large shelter at Ban Taling Ngam. Bottle-feeding puppies, taking out ticks, and giving the animals lots of snuggles and love!

--> Material donations are always appreciated: old towels, dog/cat toys, flea collars, shampoos, Frontline, etc.
Or: If you would like to carry on helping after your holiday has ended, you can also sponsor and dog or cat for only USD 15.- / EURO 15.- a month!

Check out their website and experience a holiday with a difference. We loved it and I will surely be returning to Koh Samui to once again help out Brigitte with the lovely dogs & cats.

JessH's Profile Photo
JessH
Jul 10, 2007

DOGS

When you are on Koh Samui you will notice many dogs all over the island. I never had any problem with them myself, but I talked to a woman on the beach that was bitten in the face. I also heard from a person who was bitten on the leg as he walked past a dog on the sidewalk.
The dogs fight with each other enough during the day, but at night all hell breaks lose at times. There was a few nights that I could hear dogs barking, yelping, fighting outside my hut. With this in mind, most of the dogs that you will see are not in very good shape. Most of them are beat up or flea ridden, however there are some exceptions to this of course.
My warning is to be careful when near the dogs that you see, especially at night or when eating on the beach. From what I saw on the beach, everytime somebody tried to be nice to one dog, another would get upset and a fight would soon start.

mamasan69's Profile Photo