Map &

Full-day Krabi Hot Stream and Rainforest Tour
From THB1,760.00

Phi Phi Island Tips (13)

Phi Phi Island Snorkeling Tour

No matter Krabi town or Ao Nang road, there have a lot of travel agencies which offer you many different tours either in full day or half day, sure got 1 can suitable & applicable to your favour.

I chose Phi Phi Island full day tour with the price of THB850/person. It's included lunch & local fruits, snorkeling equipment, bus transfer, boat transfer & tour guide. The boat driver & tour guide all are very nice & helpful. They will explain all the destination they are stoped to you in details.

This Phi Phi Island snorkeling trip cover 7 destinations:-

1) Bamboo Island - the water is so clean & clear, we can snorkeling on the beachside, but the sand is so hard & very thick.
2) Hin Klang - for snorkeling & swimming, but i didn't go down to the water.
3) Maya Bay - extremely soft sand & extremely good scene. Just can use 1 word to express my feeling "very beautiful".
4) Lohsamah Bay - we stop here more than 1 hours for snorkeling. The water very clean & cold, but the coral all are black colour and not much colourful fishes.
5) Phi Phi Don - for our buffet lunch.
6) Hiking Cave - we stop at there for a while for sightseeing only. Not allow to snorkeling. But the nature of scene view is extremely beautiful.
7) Monkey Bay - for snorkeling & swimming.

This snorkeling tour is good but not satisfy me, may be beause it is under my expectation where i not manage to see the colourful coral and different colour fishes (only 1 yellow fishes can see) in these snorkeling area.

shevyshick's Profile Photo
Oct 21, 2008

One day trip to Phi Phi island

You don't have enough people to charter a speedboat? Never mind. Book the trip from an agency. The 1450B package includes set lunch and snorkelling and some small islands.

The pictures are so stunning! They're all true. What impressed me most is the beach on Bamboo island, a sun basking paradise, and the turquoise-green water in Phi Leh Lay. It's so lucky that I watched some dolphins leaping when leaving Phi Phi.

Dec 09, 2005

Phi Phi Island Hopping - The Beach Attraction

We booked from Barracuda Tours (located at the beach front at Ao Nang). Great service and very helpful.

Package includes: hotel transfer, snorkel rental, lunch, snacks (cakes and fruit), drinking water and an English speaking guide. Travel by speedboat.

The thing about visiting these islands - phi phi, maya beach, etc is that it is too touristy. So many boats line along the beach, with countless tourists littering the small beach front. Somewhat spoils the natural beauty of the place.

With the disel fumes from the speedboats, endless crowds of people that you can't get away from, it feels overly touristy. However, the beaches were still beautiful - much better than the one at Ao Nang.

The tour company was great and we felt that it was value for money because the trip lasted from 10am to 4.30pm and we only paid 3200 bht for my husband, me and my daughter (aged 4).

euli's Profile Photo
Feb 14, 2008

Tour of the Phi Phi Islands

Great place to dive and snorkel and to visit Maya beach where Leonardo di Caprio filmed The Beach! The beaches have beautiful fine sand and crystal clear water. Lovely place! A fantastic getaway from city life, although it's quite touristy right now.

Svitata's Profile Photo

87 Utarakit Rd. Paknam, Maung, 81000

markbank's Profile Photo
Sep 21, 2010

Phi Phi Island

Do not miss Phi Phi Island. It would be nice if you have time to stay on the island a night or two. If you don't, a day trip is a must!! One of the most beautiful islands in Thailand, if not the world!

link to my PhiPhi Don page:

travelpug's Profile Photo
Dec 06, 2007

Phi Phi Islands Tour

Be careful when you book this with a tour operator...

The operator will try and fit as many people as possible onto a speedboat (we had 50 people on a 40 seater). Everyone therefore clambers to find the best seat

The 1st stop was Maya Bay (where the beach was filmed). We were given 20 minutes there, which was just enough time to go to the toilet and take a picture. Hoards & hoards of people come here so if you want to see tranquility, this is not the place for you, beautiful as it is. You can snorkel here for abouy 20 minutes

We were then "shown" Monkey Beach (despite the pamphlet guide saying this could be "explored"). 5 minutes 100yds away to take photos. The same for the Viking Cave & the next lagoon.

You're then taken to Tonsai Beach on the main island. Very dull, cold & busy buffet style. 1 hour here but not enough time to explore the island.

Then it was onto Bamboo Island. This is the only saving grace. It is utterly beautiful and was the place on our holiday that we felt the most "removed" from London. Quite, pretty beach with white sand and clear see. Shame you only have 1 hour here though.

Then we we returned to the port.

Unfortunately, all the clock-watching, limited time given & fighting for space on the boat took all the enjoyment away from the trip. I would recommend instead going to phi phi by ferry and spending the day there. Either that or find 6 x people to hire out a private Longtail boat (2500 Baht)

Mar 27, 2012

Phi Phi Island

We took a one day trip to the Phi Phi islands. The big island is developed with lots of bungalows and restaurants. It has a great beach, and great views.
The small island is uninhabitant with cliffs rising on all sides. The Maya bay with the beach is great.

Superpro's Profile Photo
Aug 02, 2003
clouds111's Profile Photo

kyoub's Profile Photo

"Krabi Vicinity"
GracesTrips's Profile Photo

"I haven't been somewhere more Tropical than Krabi!"
DarkRay's Profile Photo

"Krabi Trip 2003: Fri 31st Oct - Mon 3rd Nov"
pfsmalo's Profile Photo

"Krabi, Thailand."
View Member

Rated No.1 out of the three!!

The 3 tours are Phi Phi, Hongs and 4 Island and the snorkelling equipments are all provided. You'll have the option to either travel by long tail boat(cheaper) or speed boat. The Journey by speed boat is faster but not suitable for children and the elderlies because the ride will be very bumpy. Tours cost around 900 - 1500baht. Look out for the tour agency stand beside an Italian restaurant Jeseao, under the same name. This is the place I found with the best deals.

When I asked the staff from the agency to rate the 3 tours, this was what I get:

1. Phi Phi Island - Only by speed boat because the distance is too far away. 1 hour ride. It's a tourist attraction for both Krabi and Phuket which makes it a little overcrowded. The sceneries there are supposed to be the best but please avoid it during June to September because you'll won't get to go to the scenic area due to monsoon.

2. Hong Islands - The nearer alternative for Island hopping, beautiful scenery and less crowded. I would prefer to travel by longtail to enjoy the scenery. For the thrill seeker, go by speed boat, it feels like a roller coaster.

3. 4 Islands - Another nearer alternative but less beautiful.

I went the first two tours, phiphi islands, hong islands. I've also did white water rafting, kayaking and even travelled to Krabi town from Ao nang by scooter! Taxi transport cost 10 times as much as motor bike rental. View my blog to know more. Link is in the profile page.

Jul 31, 2014

Phi Phi Island Hoping Trip

We choice to go to Phi Phi Island day trip by speed boat (includes of Bamboo island, Maya Beach, Monkey Beach and Viking Cave). Cost 1,100 baht included lunch at Phi Phi Island.

ronnielcm's Profile Photo
Mar 12, 2008

Snorkelling at Phi Phi Island Tour

Lots of fishes and nice island to visit at Krabi. $800THB includes buffet lunch, speech boat travel, water, snorkelling apparatus.

efoo's Profile Photo
Sep 16, 2007

Out to the sea

When you are at Krabi, never miss the sea, beach and the sun. The scenery to Phi Phi island in a charter boat is more wonderful.

divecat1978's Profile Photo
Apr 03, 2008

Things To Do Near Krabi

Things to Do

Emerald Pool

First thing first, I would recommend you to go to Emerald Pool by motorbike or private tour because you will find that you don't have enough time to enjoy the beautiful of the pool in short duration...
Things to Do

Floating Village

An entirely Muslim community floating in the water. Even the mosque and shops were built on the wooden structures that hold the paths and houses more than one meter upon water level. We had lunch...

Getting to Krabi

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!