Map &

Private Islands and Eco Tour: Hidden Treasures of Chalong Bay
From $602.00

Nice views Tips (6)

The Tropics

Favorite thing Becky is a northern girl. She grew up in Duluth, Minnesota which is very far north indeed. Very far north, and very cold. Not much summer up there. Certainly nothing like 90 degrees fahrenheit and 90 percent humidity. But Becky loves flowers. And she loves Thai food. And she adores massages.

So Thailand was something of a mixed bag for Becky. She loved the abundant foliage, she wolfed down her meals and she partook of many massages. But she also was plagued by sand fleas, had to put up with unruly hair due to the humidity and was sunburned even while lying under an umbrella.

Me? I liked it all.

zrim's Profile Photo
Jun 17, 2004

Patong Sunset

Fondest memory One thing I'll never forget about my stay in Phuket was the sunset at Patong. I was based in Phuket for five weeks and on this particular day, I was sitting in a restaurant across the road from the beach. The colours and changes were almost startling - I had to leave and take it in.

Wherever you travel nowadays, there seems to be a "sunset tour" of some kind but this particular one was free. Do yourself a favour if you're in Phuket and watch the sunset at Patong Beach. It was the most amazing sunset I've ever seen.

Hewer's Profile Photo
Jun 23, 2006

Discover Phuket by car

Favorite thing Personally, one of the best way to discover Phuket is to hire a car, in my case it was a little jeep, drive around the island and visit every popular beach. It is an interesting experience especially when Phuket is a hilly area and does pose a challenge when driving. I started from Patong, up to Bang Tao and so on to Phuket town where I can find cheap eats & shopping, then on to Rawai, Promthep, Kata, Karon and back to Patong. I found that you can get better bargains in the less popular places.

It doesn't matter if you get lost because you will find the way to the main road. Try to rent from a proper car hire because some might try to cheat you on the petrol.

Update : Driving around the island in a little Suzuki jeep is no longer encouraged because of safety concerns, especially when driving along small windy roads by the cliffs. So spend a little more money & get yourself a proper car or one with a driver from a legit car rental agency

Fondest memory Driving around the island without a care in the world.

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo
Apr 15, 2010

View of Phuket from the Plane

Fondest memory We took Dragon Air, flying directly from Hong Kong to Phuket. It was a bargain, HKD1050 return flights. It's always a bargain travelling in non-peak season, especially when they are having new airline competitions now in Asia. ust before landing, we managed to see these lovely islands of Phuket. Aren't they looks like those mountains in Guilin (Southern China)?

vigi's Profile Photo