Map &

From $602.00
Private Islands and Eco Tour: Hidden Treasures of Chalong Bay
From $602.00

Simon cabaret Tips (10)

Simon cabaret: Fantastic evening entertainment!

We went into this show a bit dubious .... I mean after all it is essentially a lady/boy dress-up miming show, so you really cant have any high expectations! But ... we were both pleasantly surprised and impressed. The miming was second rate and the dancing was well ... Georgia could dance much better .... but the costumes and the stage sets were awesome and it was actually rather funny in parts! But I do have to admit, that you spend a lot of time looking in between their legs ... just to see if anything "POPS" out!!!! Some of these "people" (Im not sure whether to call them guys or girls!) are actually extremely beautiful and its hard to imagine that they are actually males, but ..... some of them are downright ugly and even scary. And what we found even more amusing, is that nowhere in the brochure or during the show, is it actually mentioned that these are all guys! So we were wondering how many people actually had no clue about that!

Simon Cabaret opened in 1991 and has 2 shows nightly, at 7.30pm and 9.30pm. If you book your tickets a few days in advance and get the VIP tickets, you should get great seats, we were only 5 rows from the front. And we ended up sitting next to a couple who live in Yarrawonga, a small country area in Victoria where my sister actually lives!!!

We had a great nite here, and would not hesitate to go again in the future. It was definitely worth the 650bt ($23AUD) that we paid for it.

Dress Code No dress code required at all ... not too sure there are any dress code rules anywhere in Patong!

lindyz's Profile Photo
Oct 04, 2010

Simon cabaret: Simon Cabaret

Simon Cabaret

This is a Lady/Boy miming (lip sync) show. Its a good show with great costumes and sets and is suitable for all ages.

If you want to get someone stirred a bit by the comedians buy VIP seats, they are not much dearer.
Just watch out when you go outside after the show, beware of the Performers waiting for photo opportunities, they are Greedy and Aggressive.

Dont go over near them and it will be ok.
You can take photos during the show but definately no video cameras.

There are a lot more photos on my link below:
Cathy and Garys Travel Pages

Dress Code No dress code really, most people were just in casual clothes.

Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo
Feb 24, 2009

Simon Cabaret: Spectacular costumes and stageshow

They have been doing this show for many years now so they have a very polished presentation with good music and great costumes.
It is almost impossible to tell the men from the women as the make up and dress is so well done.
Well worth a look despite the show only running or about 1 hour.

Dress Code Anything you like.

austarman's Profile Photo
Jul 13, 2008

Simon Cabaret: Lady boys dances

It's a show made by lady boys and it is definitly funny!Definitly full of tourists but still really worth, they are really good at dancing and singing and all the performance let you spend a couple of hours in a good way.

xaver's Profile Photo
Jan 03, 2008
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Phuket

75-75/1 Moo 3 Beach Road, Kamala Beach, , Phuket, 83150, Thailand
9/48 Kata Noi Road, Karon, , Phuket, 83000, Thailand
154 Phang-Nga Road, Phuket Town, Muang, Phuket, 83000, Thailand
48 Ruamjai Rd, Patong Beach, Amphur Kathu, Patong, 83150, Thailand
200 Moo 7 Chiangmai-Doi Saket RD., Cherng Doi, Doi Saket, Chiang Mai, 50220, Thailand
1 Soi Surin, Montri Rd, Phuket Town, , Phuket, 83000, Thailand

Simon cabaret: colorful show

Because it was my first time in Phuket I had to see this cabaret, there was alot of beautiful costumes the lighting was colorful, couple of comic routines, it was enjoyable but I wouldnt go a second time.

Dress Code Because it is an evening show its nice to dress in your 'nice clothes', its a change from the shorts and tops better suited for humid days.

Donna-Lee's Profile Photo
Aug 20, 2007

Simon cabaret: The Colours of The Night

You will be thrilled and amazed how these "lady boys" can be so pretty and has a good figure.
This is a show not to miss when you are travelling Phuket. This is an international show, with great costumes, music and performance by these lady boys. One of the lady boys is really funny and give us a great laugh with "her" performance. "She" even come to the audience and give a kiss with her really red lipstick. At the end of the show, all the ladyboys will queue up and you can choose which one you want to picture with. I didnt take picture with ladyboys, but I choose the most good looking guy to have my picture with him. (He's the dancer) It cost BHT 20 per picture. Daily shows starts at 7.30pm and 9.30pm. Price is at BHT 600 (list price) and I manage to get BHT450 with transport and VIP seat plus a free mineral water. Please have your dinner before you go there as there is no restaurant there, only cafe selling beers and liquors.

sheliadecastro's Profile Photo
Oct 20, 2006

Simon cabaret: Queens of Drag

Seeing isn't always believing!

Simon Cabarete is probably the biggest "transvestite" cabaret show around.

It's a fabulous floor show in its own right with stunning costumes, bright lights, excellent sound system and expensive sets.

But the performers are all men or "ladyboys" .of Simon Cabaret. It's near impossible to tell they're not women. Most women would love to look as good . . . and most men can't really tell the difference.

It's definitely worth a visit!

stiab3's Profile Photo
Apr 27, 2005

Simon cabaret: Girls or Boys???

We have been to Simon's Cabaret on 2 occasions and have enjoyed it both times.
The stars of the show are all very professional and it is no way like some of the cheap drag shows I have seen in other spots.
It is just as easy to book through your hotel as Simon's sent transport and the cost is the same if you take your own transport.
Simon's it quite okay for the whole family we saw families with young children and it is a big favourite with the Asian tourists.

stedeb's Profile Photo
Aug 02, 2003
Tina-Perth's Profile Photo

"Our Second Home - Phuket"
Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

shane_02's Profile Photo

"Phuket Introduction"
imstress's Profile Photo

"P H U K E T - Beautiful Sunset!"
Myndo's Profile Photo

"Thailand, Phuket, and the classical beach holiday?"
View Member

The Simon Cabaret: Girls, girls, girls???

Ladyboys at their finest!
Thailand, and especially Bangkok, has long been associated with cross dressing males and they're so good you'd swear they were actually female.
That theme has now spread to Phuket and the Simon Cabaret on the outskirts of Patong.
There are two shows a night and its highly entertaining for all the right reasons.
If anyone's worried about taking the kids, it really is a show suitable for all. Definitely no smut, jusy entertainers enjoying themselves. And if the kids are a little young to understand why a guy would want to dress like a woman, these men are so convincing you need never tell them.

Dress Code Smart casual - jeans are acceptable, but having a drink in the outdoor bar before or after the show probably means they'd be too hot anyway.

Vickster's Profile Photo
Feb 04, 2003

Simon: Gay dancers musical show

Beautiful gay dancers play musicals and revues. Sometimes, I've lost my mind misunderstanding they are really girls. No, no, no, never. Remember, they are (have been?) boys.

stonefree's Profile Photo
Feb 20, 2003

Things To Do Near Phuket

Kata and Karon Beach

We much preferred Karon beach over Kata, being about the same distance from our hotel. This beach is quieter than Kata, the speedboats and longtails being kept at one end, so plenty of space for...

Pum Thai Restaurant & Cooking School

We had been in Patong for a week and wished that we could find this place a little sooner. Full options restaurant & cooking school. The foods were great & the cooking class was a blast. My...

Patong Beach

I think that Patong beach and Ban Patong must be the same thing. Or not? Anyway, I'll post my Patong beach comments in Ban Patong page. And Patong was precious for us. With the monsoon, Kata beach...

Phi Phi Islands

We booked with Phuket Tours Direct to go on the HongTae Tours trip to Phi Phi island. After travelling an hour to the port and sitting through the 45mins safety session we were informed that my 5...

Phang Nga Bay

This is not my first time in Thailand 2009 i was in koh lanta and khaosuk national park this time i just came to surathani and khaolak decided to buy some tailor made suit from khaolak, but here is...

James Bond Island

If you plan to visit James Bond Island, think again. Firstly, price for tour package is very tricky. We joined with the group tour for same trip but some of them paid THB3,000 per person, other paid...

Getting to Phuket

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!