Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Full-Day Hue City and Perfume River Bike Tour
"50km cycling (L)Recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site in 1993 this city is famous for its magnificent architecture. It’s citadel palaces pagodas and royal tombs frame a poetic background of greenery on the banks of the Perfume River. In the morning we’ll cycle to visit the Hue Citadel and Imperial City. Then we’ll bike upstream aside the legendary Perfume River. Along the way Vietnam Bike Tours’ll stop to visit Thien Mu pagoda then continue to the rolling hills of the surrounding countryside where we’ll find the Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Emperors. We’ll take some time to visit Tu Duc and Khai Dinh tombs. After exploring the splendid gardens and ornate architecture of the tombs we’ll return to Hue to end the trip."
From $141.00

5-Day Vietnam Central Coast Bike Tour from Hue to Nha Trang
"Day 1: Hue - Hoi An 100km cycling (L D)On the first day we’ll drive by bus 18km out of Hue to the coast. There we’ll begin riding off the beaten track for 40km along a picturesque narrow peninsular road from Thuan An Beach to Vinh Loc. We’ll hop on a local ferry to cross an estuary of the Perfume River before re-mounting our bikes on Highway 1. Here we will cycle the first of the day’s three hill climbs. In the evening we’ll check into the hotel in Hoi An
From $1,153.00

4-Day Bike Tour from Hue to Hoi An Ancient Town Including My Son Sanctuary
"Day 1: Hue - Da Nang 60km+ cycling (L)Our guide will retrieve you from your hotel in Hue and organize a transfer out of the city. The day’s bike ride will begin at Thuan An beach and head to Cau Hai lagoon where you will see local fishermen and stilt houses on the water. Lunch will either be held as a picnic on the way or at a local restaurant. After lunch we’ll continue riding to Lang Co beach. On the way you’ll cycle up the Hai Van pass and enjoy a scenic view from the summit. Then we’ll continue cycling along the coast to the hotel for our overnight stay in Da Nang.Day 2: Da Nang - Hoi An 45km+ cyclng (B L)In the morning we’ll visit the Cham museum in the city. Then
From $744.00

Mekong Tips (32)

Bullocks

Bullocks are a common sight on the road and in the fields. The old traditional methods of farming are still upheld. Most of the rice farming is done by hand and bullocks.

Location : Mekong Delta Area

Jun 25, 2004

Thoi Son (Phung Islands)

Thoi Son (Phung Islands) the tropical fruit island - lunch at Trung Luong restaurant for Fried Elephant-eared fish. I can tell you that I wasn't too keen on riding in this little boat (not fussed being that close to the water) and I positioned myself in the middle with both my feet bracing either side of the boat with strict instructions to the others not to move and rock the boat..:-)

Jun 24, 2004

The Mekong Delta

Mekong Delta (Song Cuu Long, River of Nine Dragons) is the 'rice bowl' of the South. The urban sprawl ends abruptly and the Mekong begins. This is the most wealthy area of the country.

The South is well fed by the cultivation of the Mekong Delta. The Mekong river, which originates from Tibetan plateau flowing 4,500 km to Vietnam and to the sea with 9 different branches (nine dragons).

Aug 23, 2003

My Tho

My Tho is a Mekong delta town famous for its fruit orchards. It is some 70 kilometres from Ho Chi Minh City. Until into the 17th century, My Tho was a town of the Khmer (Cambodians).

There is a Cao Dai temple there. If you do a tour to the Mekong Delta, you will go through My Tho. I think it's pronounced 'Me Tho'. You pass through some wonderful countryside down in this region.

Aug 23, 2003

242 Tran Binh Trong, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
132-134 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
21 - 23 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St, Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam
Hotels
Corner Hai Ba Trung St. &, Le Duan Blvd, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam

How Paper Rice is Made

One of the stops that we made along the Mekong River was at a Ricer Paper making area. It starts from grinding white rice, processing the ricer paper, and then drying the rice paper.

Aidy_p's Profile Photo
Aidy_p
Apr 28, 2007

Rice Paper

In the Mekong Delta tour, we were brought to this place where the locals demonstrated to us how rice papers (used for making spring rolls) are made.

Smallprawn's Profile Photo
Smallprawn
Sep 24, 2006

Can Tho

I usually take sunset pictures but this time I couldnt resist taking a picture of the sun in the morning. I just like how it reflects on the water surface.

ino_hsb's Profile Photo
ino_hsb
Jan 20, 2006

Traders on the Mekong

These were traders on the Mekong River. There are still floating markets around on the river. Cruising down by boat gives you an insight into the local ritual of daily trading.

Jun 25, 2003

JonnyVN's Profile Photo

JonnyVN

"Home"

xuessium

"IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
SirRichard's Profile Photo

SirRichard

"Former Saigon"
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

"Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"

Things to Do Near Ho Chi Minh City

Bitexco Financial Tower

I simply love the BHD Cinema Experience. And they have the best Caramel Popcorn in town! Also for girls who love UK Shopping Brands, they have TopShop, TopMan, Warehouse, etc. over here. For a...

Cholon Mosque

The Cholon Mosque in Saigon's Chinatown is representative of the city's small Malaysian and Indonesian Muslim communities. Built in 1932, the blue and white house of worship is an island of simplistic...

Diamond Plaza

Not exactly a classic Saigon landmark, but it's a favorite with expats. Inside is a mall that's indistinguishable from an American mall, until you look closely at the products on the shelves. Upstairs...

Chinatown

Temple in Cholon (Chinatown). Thien Hau, the lady of the sea is known as Matzu in China and is the chief diety of this temple which sits in the Chinatown of Saigon near the benh thanh market area in...

Fito Museum of traditional Vietnamese medicine

While I confess I'm in the Minchin school when it comes to 'alternative' medicine, the Fito Museum of traditional Vietnamese medicine is worth a trip away from the centre. Set over four floors of an...

Cafe Zoom

WHEN YOU WALK AROUND SAIGON YOU REALLY CANT HELP BUT NOTICE THAT THERE IS QUITE A FEW MOTORBIKES IN THIS BUZZING CITY.. THREE MILLION OR THERE ABOUTS !! THE MOTORBIKES ZOOMING AROUND THE CITY IS A...

Getting to Ho Chi Minh City

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Off The Beaten Path. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Off The Beaten Path. Help us improve our info!

Map