map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Full-Day Hue City and Perfume River Bike Tour
"50km cycling (L)Recognized as a UNESCO world heritage site in 1993 this city is famous for its magnificent architecture. It’s citadel palaces pagodas and royal tombs frame a poetic background of greenery on the banks of the Perfume River. In the morning we’ll cycle to visit the Hue Citadel and Imperial City. Then we’ll bike upstream aside the legendary Perfume River. Along the way Vietnam Bike Tours’ll stop to visit Thien Mu pagoda then continue to the rolling hills of the surrounding countryside where we’ll find the Royal Tombs of the Nguyen Emperors. We’ll take some time to visit Tu Duc and Khai Dinh tombs. After exploring the splendid gardens and ornate architecture of the tombs we’ll return to Hue to end the trip."
From $141.00

5-Day Vietnam Central Coast Bike Tour from Hue to Nha Trang
"Day 1: Hue - Hoi An 100km cycling (L D)On the first day we’ll drive by bus 18km out of Hue to the coast. There we’ll begin riding off the beaten track for 40km along a picturesque narrow peninsular road from Thuan An Beach to Vinh Loc. We’ll hop on a local ferry to cross an estuary of the Perfume River before re-mounting our bikes on Highway 1. Here we will cycle the first of the day’s three hill climbs. In the evening we’ll check into the hotel in Hoi An
From $1,153.00

4-Day Bike Tour from Hue to Hoi An Ancient Town Including My Son Sanctuary
"Day 1: Hue - Da Nang 60km+ cycling (L)Our guide will retrieve you from your hotel in Hue and organize a transfer out of the city. The day’s bike ride will begin at Thuan An beach and head to Cau Hai lagoon where you will see local fishermen and stilt houses on the water. Lunch will either be held as a picnic on the way or at a local restaurant. After lunch we’ll continue riding to Lang Co beach. On the way you’ll cycle up the Hai Van pass and enjoy a scenic view from the summit. Then we’ll continue cycling along the coast to the hotel for our overnight stay in Da Nang.Day 2: Da Nang - Hoi An 45km+ cyclng (B L)In the morning we’ll visit the Cham museum in the city. Then
From $744.00

Out of Saigon Tips (9)

Handicapped handicrafts shop

The first stop for the whole day tour is in the handicapped handicrafts shop. From the name itself, the handicapped people are the ones making the handicrafts and this is how they support their family. I admire their work, everything is beautiful!!! The paintings are purely handmade and mostly use with the combination of shells.

I like all the paintings and the display of ballerinas are also one of my favorites. However, as they say if something is beautiful it also costs a lot… and that’s the reason why I only ended up admiring them, haha.

One of the staffs said that we can buy whatever the size of the crafts since they also provide shipping. I wondered how much the ballerinas cost so I asked- around 190USD, shipping excluded. It’s pricey, so I didn’t bother to ask again. There are various painting designs available in the shop and all are very stunning! Small to large paintings cost around 50,000VND to 5M VND and if you wish to have it shipped, that would be 1USD per square inch.

The good thing I see about this tour is that visitors aren’t forced to buy anything. I believe that this shop would only like to give everybody (locals/visitors) an insight that despite their conditions, being handicapped does not mean that you can’t do what other normal people can do. I admire their bravery to continue standing up and face the world and most especially their gifted skills to make such a fine work of art!

theguardianangel's Profile Photo
theguardianangel
Sep 09, 2012

Handicap Handicaft Workshop

This was started after the war in an effort to make work for the many who were left disableled.
There are gorgeous lacquer works here.Some are made with sea shells and others with duck egg shells..
Visa is accepted and they will ship worldwide.

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
easterntrekker
Feb 09, 2011

Nghia An Hoi Quan Pagoda

A carved timber boat hanging over the entrance welcomes the visitor to Nghia An Hoi Quan Pagoda. The colour red predominates throughout the pagoda, from the red lanterns outside, to general Quan Cong's red horse to the left of the doorway, to the great red general himself - resplendant in gold on his red throne behind the main altar. He is flanked by two assistants - General Chau Xuong brandishing a two-prong trident-like weapon and mandarin Quan Binh holding a less ferocious package in his left hand.

Chinese communities celebrate the Nghia An Hoi Quan Festival at this location on the 14th day of the first lunar month. Unicorn, lion and dragon dance groups perform before audiences and vegetarian offerings are made to Quan Cong.

JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo
JohanIsWeg
Dec 15, 2008

.CHOLON.

CHOLON MEANS "LARGE MARKET"
CHOLON WAS ONCE A SEPERATE CITY.. TODAY IT IS SAIGON'S 5TH DISTRICT.
I READ A LOT ABOUT CHOLON BEFORE WE WENT TO VIETNAM AND WAS KEEN TO HAVE A LOOK AROUND THIS PART OF THE CITY.. I HAD A FEELING IT WOULD BE BUSY..I WASNT WRONG !!
CHOLON HAS LOADS OF THINGS TO SEE AND DO, FROM THE MANY TEMPLES AND PAGODAS TO ITS TEAMING MARKETS SELLING EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER NEED.
THE MOST POPULAR OF THESE ARE BINH TAY AND AN DONG.
AN DONG MARKET IS FOUR STOREYS HIGH AND CAN GET VERY VERY BUSY, AND WHEN YOU'RE ALL SHOPPED OUT YOU CAN GET A BITE TO EAT AT ONE OF ITS MANY RESTAURANTS.
IN FACT CHOLON IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO TREAT YOURSELF TO SOME GREAT CHINESE AND VIETNAMESE FOOD.
ONE THING YOU SHOULD NOT MISS WHILE YOUR IN CHOLON IS HERB STREET.. THE SIGHTS AND SMELLS YOU ENCOUNTER HERE ARE MIND BLOWING..OH AND YOU COULD TRY SOME SNAKE WINE.
HERB STREET CAN BE FOUND BETWEEN D LUONG NHU HOC AND D TRIEU QUANG.
AS I LOVE HISTORY I'LL GIVE YOU A LITTLE CHOLON HISTORY LESSON..
IT WAS HERE IN CHA TAM CHURCH THAT HATED PRESIDENT DIEM AND HIS BROTHER TOOK REFUGE DURING THE 1963 COUP..
WHEN THEY REALISED THERE WAS NO HOPE FOR THEM THEY SURRENDERED TO THE COUP LEADERS.. AN ARMOURED PERSONNEL CARRIER WAS SENT TO GET THEM AND TAKE THEM INTO CUSTODY..BUT AS THEY TRAVELLED BACK INTO CENTRAL SAIGON SOLDIERS SHOT THE BROTHERS AT POINT BLANK RANGE AS THEY SAT IN THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE, THEN REPEATEDLY STABBED THE BODIES...WHEN NEWS BROKE SAIGON WENT CRAZY WITH DELIGHT.
SO AS WELL AS LOADS TO SEE AND DO, CHOLON ALSO HAS A LOT OF HISTORY..
I FOUND IT A GREAT PLACE TO EXPLORE AND LOSE YOURSELF..WHICH WAS JUST WHAT WE DID !!

wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

242 Tran Binh Trong, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
132-134 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
21 - 23 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St, Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam
Hotels
Corner Hai Ba Trung St. &, Le Duan Blvd, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam

the weather in south of vietnam

HCM in april and may is good weather to come for holiday, some time a littler bit shower, temperature is hot around 35 degree, event in the north the weather are getting warmer, you just need short and shirt and T- shirt, rain coat you can easily buy in vietnam

buddytan
Apr 01, 2008

the weather in south of vietnam

buddytan
Apr 01, 2008

Quan Am Pagoda

There are many, many pagodas around Saigon, and while I certainly wouldn't suggest visiting them all, I think it's quite interesting to see a couple of them. The pagodas I saw were all beautifully decorated, with many statues, carvings and hanging lanterns. Buddhists burn incense sticks when they pray, so all the pagodas were very smokey inside, particularly around the alters. Some of them had giant coils of incense hanging from the ceiling and burning constantly which were pretty cool to see. It's important to remember that pagodas are a place of worship and to therefore be respectful of their beliefs. Legs and shoulders should be covered, and shoes should be removed and left at the gate.

sunshinejo's Profile Photo
sunshinejo
Aug 17, 2005

Visit Vung Tau city

Vung Tau City is a beautiful seaport about 110 kilometers from Saigon. Everyone visiting Vietnam goes there. You will never be sorry. I is drop dead gorgeous and the people are friendly. Visit a massage doctor there.

sphilli

JonnyVN's Profile Photo

JonnyVN

"Home"

xuessium

"IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
SirRichard's Profile Photo

SirRichard

"Former Saigon"
balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

"Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"

Visit the countryside.

The stereotypical image of a local would of course include a conical hat, and the best way to spot them is in rice paddies in the beautiful countryside, if nothing more than as part of a day trip from HCM. This photo was taken while the tour group stopped for a short break, on our way to the Cu Chi Tunnels.

VTShounen's Profile Photo
VTShounen
Aug 26, 2002

Things to Do Near Ho Chi Minh City

Bitexco Financial Tower

I simply love the BHD Cinema Experience. And they have the best Caramel Popcorn in town! Also for girls who love UK Shopping Brands, they have TopShop, TopMan, Warehouse, etc. over here. For a...

Diamond Plaza

Not exactly a classic Saigon landmark, but it's a favorite with expats. Inside is a mall that's indistinguishable from an American mall, until you look closely at the products on the shelves. Upstairs...

Cholon Mosque

The Cholon Mosque in Saigon's Chinatown is representative of the city's small Malaysian and Indonesian Muslim communities. Built in 1932, the blue and white house of worship is an island of simplistic...

Chinatown

Temple in Cholon (Chinatown). Thien Hau, the lady of the sea is known as Matzu in China and is the chief diety of this temple which sits in the Chinatown of Saigon near the benh thanh market area in...

Fito Museum of traditional Vietnamese medicine

While I confess I'm in the Minchin school when it comes to 'alternative' medicine, the Fito Museum of traditional Vietnamese medicine is worth a trip away from the centre. Set over four floors of an...

Cafe Zoom

WHEN YOU WALK AROUND SAIGON YOU REALLY CANT HELP BUT NOTICE THAT THERE IS QUITE A FEW MOTORBIKES IN THIS BUZZING CITY.. THREE MILLION OR THERE ABOUTS !! THE MOTORBIKES ZOOMING AROUND THE CITY IS A...

Getting to Ho Chi Minh City

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map