map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Half-Day Hanoi Home Cooking Class and Cultural Tour
"The tour starts from your hotel and after a short drive you will arrive at the the awesome property that features a peaceful atmosphere on the Red River bank. The hosts will warmly welcome you and introduce their members and begin exchanging culture bargain and to spend the local currency “VND” in the market.You then begin a 5 minutes cycle or walk to the local market. It’s great chance to buy local things by yourself and experience a variety of foods from all the groceries such as: herbs spices vegetables meats fishes
From $49.00

Hanoi Explorer Private Photo Tour
"Hotel pick-up.  We start the tour on historic Long Bien Bridge Yen Phu Street.  After introductions and a brief look at the story behind the bridge there is an overview of camera settings.  We then head up to Long Bien Bridge to shoot the Establishing picture.  Time now to move into Long Bien market Hanoi's biggest wet market to learn how to shoot Relationship pictures.  Our focus is on how to take naturalistic photos of people at work and play.  In Dong Xuan market we continue with Relationship pictures.  The market was originally built by the French in 1889
From $160.00

2-Day Halong Bay Signature Cruise from Hanoi
"Day 1: Hanoi - Halong (LD)7:45am - 8:15amPickup and transfer to Halong Bay.12.00pm Arrival transfer to Signature Cruise.12:30pm You will be welcomed aboard and greeted with a complimentary drink. Check into your cabin and freshen up.1pm As we begin to cruise through the bay a special lunch of fresh seafood and an assortment of appetizi extraordinary limestone karst landscapesOan Lagoon Teapot and Monster Head Islets. Explore Vung Vieng Village by local rowing boats or kayaks to discover the interesting daily lives of its inhabitants. Signature Halong Cruise will stay close to Drum Cave for the evening.6:00pm Join Vietnamese cookingL)6:00am The nicest time of the day on Halong Bay is the morning. Head to the upper deck to participate in our daily Tai Chi sessions. Relax with an early morning cup of tea
From $383.00

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour Tips (10)

Fanny ice cream: It's new

I see Fanny ice cream came back with a new image, younger, nicer and more interesting. The location is in the center of Hanoi..that's great. The ice cream is really rich with more than 30 flavours and the Fanny's slogan is "100% natural ice cream".
Palours
48 Le Thai To St., Hoan Kiem Dist., HANOI
Tel: (04) 38285 656
Email: marketing@fanny.com.vn
Website: fanny.com.vn

Favorite Dish I love "xichlo". It's very "Vietnamese"

Mary-Kate
Apr 04, 2011

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Great ice cream!

So i'd read about Fanny's ice cream parlour before i'd left for Hanoi and one day while walking around Hoan Kiem Lake i decided with the temperature at about 32C and it being (for me coming from chilly N.Ireland) pretty humid to go try some ice cream.
The first thing i tried was what they termed Baileys, indulgence in a glass. It consisted of; 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop chocolate, whipped cream and baileys. Priced at 43,000 VND.
So after the first, i of coarse had to try another which was this; Peach Melba. Vanilla ice cream, peach in syrup topped with fruits and whipped cream. Priced at 43,000 VND.
I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who enjoys ice cream. Nice interior with friendly staff.

Upon my third visit to Hanoi i discovered they also do crepes! I had a crepe with chocolate sauce. The crepe was quite nice, although personally there was too much chocolate sauce!

Favorite Dish My favourite was the Baileys, Indulgence in a glass.

bcatton's Profile Photo
bcatton
May 10, 2007

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Dessert to cool off

Fanny's Ice-Cream Parlour - recommended by Lonely Planet. Worth the visit after a long and tiring walk around the city that is bustling with motorcycles and the honking noises. This cafe is located within walking distance from Ho Kiem Lake.

Favorite Dish Maple vanilla flavour's my favourite

juliewong's Profile Photo
juliewong
Dec 22, 2006

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Strategically located ice cream!

I'm a sucker for ice cream, so i don't really care where the ice cream comes from as long as it's good. It's good!

And the location of the shop is very strategically located by the lake - while there's no lake view, me and my mate seem to end up there quite often in the 3 days we had in Hanoi. (Perhaps it was sub concious Heh) Well, if you're into ice-cream, it's a nice decently affordable place for ice cream, and a great pitstop for your hot/ tiring day (there are also toilets there).

qwert_babe's Profile Photo

21 Nam Ngu, Hanoi, Vietnam
10/50 Dao Duy Tu Str., Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Dist.,, 10000
10 Chan Cam Street, 1000

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Don't give Fanny Ice Cream a miss even in the cold

I like the decor of the the restaurant. It is spacious and clean. There are a number of staff working at the same time, hence it is quite fast with the order taking.

Favorite Dish My favourite is the green tea ice cream and chocolate ice cream. It is rich and fresh. I also like the watermelon freeze.

eden79's Profile Photo
eden79
Mar 09, 2006

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Hanoi's best ice cream

Fanny's is the place to be for ice cream aficionados! They've got a selection of some 60 or so sorts of ice cream and most of them are really good. Sometimes, seasonal fruit ice cream can also be tried. Fanny's is a modern place just next to Ho Hoan Kiem in the centre of Hanoi. The ice cream is very good, however, the service is sometimes a bit slow. Prices range from 5000 VND to 15000 VND (=0,3 to 1$).

Favorite Dish You should try cinnamon, rum raisins, and passion fruit! For the "slightly other" experience, try durian...
But don't tell me, I haven't warned you!

King_Golo's Profile Photo
King_Golo
Jun 05, 2005

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Best Ice Cream in Town

You know I love debunking Lonely Planet's recommendation all the time right ? Well, I can't this time. They were right. Fanny's ice cream is the absolute best. The last time I tried ice cream this good, I was in France, gorging on pistacho ice cream in Giverny.Well, you can have French ice cream here for half the price. Really! 4 scoops of ice cream here cost about 2.8euros. But at this price, you won't find many locals rushing to this joint. This place is filled only with greedy tourists like myself. One more thing, don't underestimate the power of one tiny scoop of ice cream. It's power-packed with flavour like the ones found in France.

Favorite Dish Everything is delicious over here but the cinammon ice cream over here has to be the best! This, followed by the coffee ice cream. Pistache is so-so as was the chocolat.

bpacker's Profile Photo
bpacker
Jan 11, 2005

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

It's not the cheapest ice cream you'll find in Hanoi. One tiny scoop is around 10,000 dong (65 cents). You can find ice cream for as little as 2,000 dong (12 cents) in other places. Personally, I'd have to say Fanny's is more suited to western taste.

Favorite Dish They have lots of interesting flavors. Just don't get green tea. It tastes way too much like green tea! Strange.

34N118W's Profile Photo
34N118W
Jul 12, 2003
bpacker's Profile Photo

bpacker

"The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
kokoryko's Profile Photo

kokoryko

"Good morning Hanoi !"
King_Golo's Profile Photo

King_Golo

"Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
imstress's Profile Photo

imstress

"Hanoi"
victorwkf's Profile Photo

victorwkf

"Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
View Member

Fanny's ice cream palour: the best ice cream in Hanoi

You crave Ice cream?? Well you HAVE to go to Fanny's. This restaurant was recommended by some Melbournites we met and so we had to check it out. Sure glad we did

Favorite Dish No favourite .it all tasted good.

Tattugran's Profile Photo
Tattugran
Jun 22, 2009

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Don't miss the Dragon Fruit Split!

Don't order anything else, stick to ice-cream! After all, you're in a French Ice-Cream Parlour!

Favorite Dish I just enjoyed the variety of ice-creams offered. Even though I'm in Hanoi, I felt like I was in Paris.

sklc's Profile Photo
sklc
Apr 30, 2007

Things to Do Near Hanoi

Indochina Junk

Indochina Junk ran our tour to and of Ha Long Bay. We took the Dragon Legend tour, which is one night. It began with pick up from our hotel (also arranged by IJ) in a luxury van at 7.30am - we were...

Hang Quat Street

Hang Quat Street used to be the street where the shops sold fans, but nowadays there are many shops that sell items for worshiping such as colorful Buddhist flags, statues, lamps and wooden shrines. ...

To Tich Street

To Tich Street is less than 100 m long and the name means fibre mat street but there appears to be no record of fibre mats being sold here. Nowadays it is a popular street for young people to frequent...

City View Cafe

Having visited Hanoi 5 times,i generally like to visit City view Cafe on the 5th floor over looking Hoan Kiem Lake with a nice Bia Hoi. Sadly over the years i feel the standard of service has gone...

Nhan Noi Linh Tu

We stumbled across this little temple (Nahn Noi Linh Tu) where Hang Ga meets Bat Dan Street, but unfortunately we could not gain access. I believe it contains a Shinto shrine, but outside there were...

Artists

Around Hoan Kiem Lake there are several artists who paint portraits and their work seemed to very good. I cannot remember the fee for this but i know that it was cheap. Most of them were quite busy...

Getting to Hanoi

Address

48 Pho Le Thai To

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map