map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Sydney and Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour
"With a warm and mild climate year-round the open-air double-decker coach tour is a perfect way to sightsee in Sydney and Bondi. Hop aboard the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 34 stops around the city. Enjoy live commentary from your onboard guide as you sit back and relax on the full ride which takes about 90 minutes or hop off to sightsee and explore at your own pace.Discover Sydney's highlights including the Sydney Opera House Sydney Harbour Bridge the historic Rocks district and Sydney’s CBD (Central Business District). Hop off the coach to browse the stores in modern shopping areas or grab a bite to eat at the bustling Sydney Fish Market. Stretch your legs as you stroll around the Royal Botanic G
From AUD45.00

Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney and Bondi Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"For great views of Sydney and Bondi while you’re in port in Sydney travel around the city in an open-top double-decker bus. The Sydney and Bondi routes take you around the world's most beautiful harbor past towering skyscrapers iconic buildings like the Sydney Opera House the iron-lace terrace houses of Paddington Double Bay’s millionaires’ mansions and legendary Bondi Beach. Sydney’s year-round climate of blue skies and sunshine makes it the ideal location for an open-top bus ride while in port.You can hop on and off as many times as you like aboard both each tour takes approximately 90 minutes and includes interesting on-board commentary. The bus departs every 15 to 20 minutes from each stop and tickets are valid for 24 hours from first use. The tours connect at 100 William Street or Central Station sto
From AUD45.00

Australian Museum General Entry Ticket
"Arrive at the Australian Museum at a time that suits you — your ticket is valid anytime the museum is open and includes entrance to the permanent exhibits. Three floors house some of the more than 18 million items in the museum’s collection including priceless fossils and unusual artifacts. The minerals collection alone holds more than 53000 specimens from Australia and abroad.In the Surviving Australia exhibition marvel at massive animals that once roamed Australia including giant wombats and echidnas. See live animals such as a baby freshwater crocodile a python and lizards; then find out how the most dangerous creatures hunt their prey. The Indigenous Australians and Garrigarrang Sea Country exhibits provides an in-depth look at the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
From AUD15.00

Zoo / Wildlife Tips (22)

Get Aquainted with a Koala

Favorite thing The one activity that was a must for me during our visit to Sydney was getting up close and personal with a Koala. On my Birthday trip in 2007; Chris took me to Taronga park for my first Koala encounter. I must admit the bears are very cute and fuzy but they are rather stinky(Phew.....). Our particular Koala seemed attracted to the smell of my hair but thanks to a quick thinking trainer he was grabbed before he could "climb" me.

Since that first experience I have fed and petted the fuzzy creatures at Featherdale and at Symbio. They still are stinky but so adorable.

LadyRVG's Profile Photo
LadyRVG
Apr 16, 2012

Koalas

Favorite thing My wife has a big love of Koalas. During our trips to Sydney I have found ways to have Koala encounters for her. Taronga Park lets you take a picture with the Koala but no touching, plus the last time the Koala wanted to eat her head...long story. Symbio and Featherdale Animal Parks both have Koala encounters where you can touch and feed the Koalas. Both Symbio and Featherdale allowed Liz her up close and personal experience with her favorite "Fuzzballs", as she calls them.

If you are an animal lover or travelling with children I would suggest you try visiting Symbio and Featherdale for these Koala encounters.

**Just like any animal; they do poop. Be prepared for a little Koala poop pellets when you get up close and personal. They are animals and do have a strong smell; so be prepared for the stink. ***

Kangaroos

Favorite thing Animals encounters are a must do when in Sydney; especially getting up close and personal with Kangaroos. Liz and I enjoyed visited two Animal Parks: Featherdale and Symbio. Both parks allowed guests to feed the Kangaroos which was awesome. The Kangaroos were very tame and hoped right over to get fed. We were able to pet them and experience their soft fur.

Fondest memory Animals encounters are a must do when in Sydney; especially getting up close and personal with Kangaroos. Liz and I enjoyed visited two Animal Parks: Featherdale and Symbio. Both parks allowed guests to feed the Kangaroos which was awesome. The Kangaroos were very tame and hoped right over to get fed. Even little kids were able to get up close and touch the Kangaroos; they were very gentle. We were able to pet them and watch them hop about. If you are an animal lover this is a must do when in Sydney.

Kookabura

Favorite thing Kookaburras are birds found in Australia, New Guinea and the Aru Islands. You will definitely hear a Kookaburra before you see one; they make noise that sounds like human laughter. There are four different species of these birds with different physical traits and colorings.

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Sydney

359 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
21 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, New South Wales, 2021, Australia
Hotels
212 Riley Street, (formerly Comfort Inn Cambridge), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
28 Albion St, (formerly Furama Hotel Central), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
267 Darlinghurst Road, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, 2010, Australia
Hotels
Wentworth Avenue & Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales, NSW 2010, Australia

Wombats

Favorite thing Wombats marsupials native to Australia. They are short and almost pig like in appearance with a furry coat. They have short legs and a very small tail. They might be small but they do move quickly in their zoo enclosures. They are usually found in forest and mountain areas of south east Australia and Tasmania.

During our visits to Sydney and beyond we have enjoyed seeing Wombats at Cymbio, Featherdale and Toronga Park.

Kangaroos

Favorite thing Kangaroos were another creature I wanted to see while in Australia, but in Sydney, the only experience you will have with them is here in Taronga Zoo.

Seeing the Kangaroos in their native land was nice, I guess if I wanted to see one in the wild, I'd have to travel to the "outback".

All in all, it was fun seeing them hop around and finding a comfortable spot to lay in.

Jun 11, 2008

Koala

Favorite thing When most people think of Australia they have in their mind a few images, and the Koala is surely one of them. Watching T.V. commercials of Qantas and the cuddly Koala would make anyone want to travel there just to be up close and personal with one of these magnificient creatures. I have seen thousand of Koalas in zoos, but I wanted to actually touch the furry creature.

Fondest memory When we planned our trip, my only requisite was to get close and personal with a Koala. To my disappointment you are not allowed to touch, feed or otherwise get too close to the Koalas at Taronga Zoo.

The only experience you actually get is to be photographed with these wonderful creatures, a shame, I really wanted to touch that thick coat.

Jun 11, 2008

Flying Foxes

Favorite thing One of the highlighs to the garden for me were the "flying foxes". Flying Foxes are fruit bats and there were hundreds of them flying in the garden during daylight time making these horrible screaking sounds.

The park ranger informed us that our visit coincided with their mating season. (More info on my Botanic Gardens travelogue).

Jun 10, 2008

cjg1

"What do you do with your weekend?"
wabat's Profile Photo

wabat

"A Ramble around Sydney"
LadyRVG's Profile Photo

LadyRVG

"Love Those Sydneysiders"
iandsmith's Profile Photo

iandsmith

"Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
leffe3's Profile Photo

leffe3

"Sydney"

Birds of Sydney

Favorite thing The Botanic Gardens and Domain were teeming with beautiful and exotic (well for me anyway) birds. It amazed me and I loved the fact that they went about their business while not minding people at all.

Jun 09, 2008

An emu with good musical taste

Fondest memory We went on 4 July 1991 to another zoo about a half hour west of Katoomba. However, in this one, you can interact with the animals. There are photos of me together with a kangaroo and of an emu (an Australian ostrich) chasing my brother for 10 minutes, blocking his escape route. I'm guessing the "Metallica" decal on the back of my brother's jacket freaked the emu out. I don't know if the bird was a country fan, but it's nice to see a bird with discerning musical tastes.

b1bob's Profile Photo
b1bob
Feb 16, 2005

The Australian Wildlife Park

Favorite thing I guess this is an OK attraction. It would have been better if we were younger or had children. The park is reasonably sized with about 40 exhibits of Australian wildlife, including a kangaroo petting area. This is a tame zoo environment suitable for small children and educational in that it puts on reptile, wool shearing and other shows. If you hold cookies in your hand the dingos follow you from one end of the cage to the other.

dlandt's Profile Photo
dlandt
Nov 25, 2003

Cockatoos - and these are all wild

Favorite thing Something that amazed me in Australia, not just Sydney, are that there are wild birds that here in Canada are only found in pet stores and zoos/aviaries.
My friends and I came out of a restaurant to see all these Cockatoos in the trees and on the ground. Just amazed and thrilled me. My friends were amused at my reaction - they were used to it.

CdnJane's Profile Photo
CdnJane
Jun 14, 2003

Things to Do Near Sydney

Sydney Cricket Ground

During our visit to Sydney in Feb/March 2012; we we fortunate to watch a cricket game here(my first live crisket match). It was Australia vs. India; Australia kicked butt and won. The thing that...

Australian Museum

It had been a number of years since I had visited the Australian Museum but I was recently drawn back, attracted by the fact that it was hosting a special exhibition, Trailblazers, honouring...

Capitol Theatre

Watching Guys and Dolls, a musical at the Capitol Theatre is an enriching experience. The theatre has a very impressive architectural design, both inside and out. The ushers and usherettes are helpful...

Paddington and Paddington Market

Paddington Paddington is well-known for its residential area of leafy tree lined streets, with large three storey Victorian terraces overhanging the tiny narrow lanes, it is an impressive, stylish...

Chinatown

Through a combination of cloud murals/etchings and thirty hanging silver spirit figures artist Jason Wing, of Aboriginal and Chinese descent, made a stunning transformation of the 200 metres long...

Sydney Entertainment Centre

Georgia was excited and honoured to participate in her second Schools Spectacular at the Sydney Entertainment Centre at the end of November 2010. She did this for the first time last year and...

Getting to Sydney

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map